Masters Running

Thursday, 3.10.16 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I hope you had a great belated birthday dinner last night, Leslie, following your exhausting head-wind run earlier.

Evanflein, If you think about not going out for an early workout, you likely won't. So just don't let those thoughts in unless you know you can beat them back. I hope DH is feeling better.

TW, ''18-min. On dirt, Up hills, With 2-lb boots, And 2-lb trekking poles" is pretty dang impressive, if you ask me! My shoes are about 7-8 oz, so that alone is a huge difference. Have fun with Aamos in August!

Nice 6 & 6 Aamos. Patriot's Day is only a MA holiday, so I take the day off from work to volunteer at Boston - if I wasn't there, I'd still be up at the usual. I like those shoes better than the goofy gator!

Nice bike ride on a gorgeous day, Marj.

Twocat, are you trying to say that your students aren't paying attention?

Good job of enjoying the benefits and joys of grandfatherdom, Tet.

6.25 RW miles this morning in ridiculous 60F temps. I was done and back before today's anticipated showers began. I'm still used to a 'warm' day being anything in the upper 30s, so this was a shock to the system. But it was nice to be out in just short sleeves and shorts. I have an ache just above my left ankle that I didn't really feel until after I got back. So I have on a flexible ankle brace just for a scootch extra support, and hope it'll be fine again by tomorrow morning.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

thanks jay...........

.........just wanted to Congratulate tet on Celebrating Oldness..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

64F

Breezy

9 miles/ Hornsby Loop, golf course, Bassett Trace, and Campus Loop

Covered some trails that I have never run before, Tricia, Bill, Ralph and I trustingly followed Carol and Bob over hill and dale. Just when we are getting daylight during the run, we will have to Spring Ahead this weekend. Back to headlamps for the entire run for a few weeks.

Did anyone ever take one of those tests when you were in elementary school? You were handed a test booklet that had a cover sheet with detailed directions on how to take the test. Some of the steps were ridiculous. But. The first direction, number one, stated: Be sure to read ALL of the instructions before you begin the test. After reading the ridiculous instructions, the last direction, number ten stated: Ignore steps 2-9. Take this booklet to the teacher now.

Just wondering.

Erika, how are the wedding preps coming along?

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

Slo

I faintly remember a test like that.

4.85 miles with some speed work sprinkled in for Aamos.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Busy day here....

but had to post this, as it made me think of tet:

Pearls Before Swine

got in 8 miles at Lakes park, as I realized it'll be dark in the am next week.

Also--Jay wrote: "Patriot's Day is only a MA holiday, so I take the day off from work to volunteer at Boston - if I wasn't there, I'd still be up at the usual."  Doh, I knew that--I keep forgetting you are in NH, I think is what it is, that, or need more coffee.

grins,

A

Just for you Slo, I'm going to cross train today.  Driving to a parking lot and then cycling to.........JetBlue!!!!!!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

TW--What Jay said.  Not to mention, what kind of pace were you capable of a few months ago?

Not that I should need any time off after a 10 m/m half, that's what I'm going with this week  Also partially becasue I'm hanging out in CT this week and need to be at the plant early to meet my contractors.    But those are my excuses and I'm sticking with them.

I think we definitely need a "LIKE" button here, or get someone to get Tet set up on FB so we can LIKE his posts there. 

True, Amy.  Not sure how any of us survived our childhoods.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Can you believe it temperatures in the low 60's this morning here in CT! Whahoo! My legs must have been really happy too since I managed 6 miles at a sub-9 minute pace. Never would have happened had it been 30 something out! 

buehrle that is a funny list of test instructions! No, I never saw anything like that. I have to remember it for future use. 

coastwalker students have several rules. (1) Never read anything you are given to read. (2) Never remember anything taught in one class when attending another. (3) Not studying means it is still the teacher's fault I did not learn anything.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Aamos, just recently I got the Saint to start reading Pearls before Swine, and while Rat is by far the funniest character, today's strip along with the other in this series about the parents' babysitting is one of the best. I burst out laughing this morning as did she.

An entire week of nothing but rain in our gorgeous city but we've been able to sneak through the raindrops for the most part and got in 4+ this morning.

We are looking forward to taking Lou and Harriet out to dinner next wednesday night.  They arrive that day for the RRCA convention here.  Spareribs

Love on the testing/teaching stuff.  I wanted to be a teacher at one point . . . then my brain kicked in and said, "Huh, no you don't."  It knew the truth.

TW - I echo was Jay said.

Tet - I need that soothing current of water on my arms.  I don't know what the problem is, but they feel like I've been lifting weights every day this week.

Amy - The cartoon - Classic!!

Dinner last night with my lady friends was really nice.  Three hours of talking, laughing, eating, and having a great time.  We've all been friends for a long time, and they've stood by me through thick and thin.  One of them has a birthday next month and then nobody does 'til July, so we gotta figure out something else to celebrate during the in between months. 

I slept in this morning.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...thanks guys//........You're a Kind Group

I'm just glad I can friggin' Walk

rose//...........yep, we had that same test, teachers were Meaner when we went to school

there's probably

a 800-number you can call now

===========

.........storms moving in (apparently the Gulf of Mexico is Evaporating)

so

......45-min PoolRun, NoBelt, ClosedFists, RunInShallows

and

hitting my Favorite New Place to Not Run tomorrow to try out their paved trails in a storm

Does it get any Better??

I think not.

..................................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slept in, again!  Sigh.  Oh well, it was extremely windy with some rain and would have been a terrible run, I suppose.  Still feeling tired from my late night Tues and kept dosing after the alarm went off.  Looking forward to sleeping in and a long run this weekend.  My daffodils have bloomed!

Twocat - happy legs is a good thing!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I might be stupid enough to buy the New Balance marathon shoes.  The company's local.  And in my defense, I usually rotate NBs in my collection regularly.  And I miss Boston.  (And have you seen them?  If they're like last year's:   New Balance Men's Boston Edition Fresh Foam Zante - Boston (M1980BOS)

Such an incentive for folks behind me, right?  Or too smart-alecky??

Be seein' you and your gang in a month, Rosie!  Feel the Buehrleburn!

If I qualified for Boston, trained for Boston, and was running Boston?  I would buy these shoes and wear them!

And.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Reston the week before Boston!

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

Did anyone ever take one of those tests when you were in elementary school? You were handed a test booklet that had a cover sheet with detailed directions on how to take the test. Some of the steps were ridiculous. But. The first direction, number one, stated: Be sure to read ALL of the instructions before you begin the test. After reading the ridiculous instructions, the last direction, number ten stated: Ignore steps 2-9. Take this booklet to the teacher now.

Just wondering.

Never ... boy did I miss out.

I love Thursday - it is my favorite day of the week. Today I ran, played with Little Walter, and got a massage. A very good day indeed.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just stopping in to say hi and that I ran 14 miles, tonight.

Okay--that's it--gotta go--see ya!

Hi everyone - quick update on Steven and again to THANK all of you for your support during this nightmare!! It is nice to be getting to the other side and I am so thankful for all your prayers, positive thoughts and messages!!  Today he was transferred out of Tufts Medical to New England Rehab - another never thought would happen for me to see one of my kids in a rehab hospital. He really needs some time to regain his strength and build up some endurance. He is beginning to realize just how sick he really was and how much strength he lost - he never was my strongest guy to begin with, but I told him this is a temporary set back. Oh and he lost 25lbs in 2 weeks!! He has a lot to lose, but went from 275lbs to 250 - we called it the ventilator diet and we DON'T recommend it!!!

On a running note - I did manage a very slow 2.2 mile jog/walk this morning. Felt ok but not 100% - will try to be patient and progress slowly.

I just went back and edited Tuesdays post -- It said waiting for more "eyestalks" to confirm -- how the heck did autocorrect get that out of whatever I typed???

And to answer the flu shot question -- no he didn't get one, but neither did anyone else in the house except me!! From now on that will be a priority for this household!!

Nite all!!

denise