Masters Running

City of Lomita 5K/10K (pictures) (Read 318 times)

Hi everyone, I have to get someplace right now so I wanted to post the pictures first. I'll write more later and of course drop in and say hi in Bruce's and Don's reports. It was great meeting Bruce (BCMorant) for the first time, and always a treat to see huskydon. Don, thanks for giving Bruce a ride. Bruce, sorry we could not take you. Lew reminded me we came in our 2 seater truck and someone would have to go without a seatbelt. BCMorant, dromedary, and huskydon Notice Bruce has his AG medal Image and video hosting by TinyPic Huskydon, mr. dromedary, dromedary, and BCMorant Image and video hosting by TinyPic And here is the AG medal photo: Dromedary, Bruce, and Ed Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ed is my running club friend and we do a lot of local races together. He's also a hardcore Hasher so he's a nutter (sorry Bruce if he was too rowdy, I am totally used to him by this point).
      Nice pictures, dromedary. Thanks for posting them. TomS
        Thanks.....Great pictures! And you better write more.... I see something hanging around your neck Smile
          Great picture!s.....Thanks. We are patiently waiting on the report.......(tap.....tap.....tap.....tap.....tap)....PATIENTLY WAITING! Joey
          Vista
            Here's the rest of the RR: stats 115 out of 127 2 AG (40-44) Time:1:08:19 pace: 11:02 I was determined to run the 10K in spite of the heat. It was hard to breathe but I followed Spareribs’ advice and took it easy. I kept my pace slow for the first 5K (I think it was 34 minutes since Lew got to the end of his 5K around 33 minutes). The 2nd half of the 10K was totally empty. I think there were maybe two women ahead of me, and I passed them both. I enjoyed this neighborhood run around Lomita since I usually drive though it on my way to San Pedro or Palos Verdes, and usually don’t have the time to look around. I learned there is a cute little rail road museum in this town since I ran by it twice. People were very friendly. I saw a lady shaking some bells on her porch. I also saw a lady with 2 little kids who high fived me as I trotted by. My favorite sight was a cage full of parakeets. They were squawking very loudly at all the people running through their neighborhood. I told Bruce in an email before the race that I did not expect to get any medals because all the women in my AG are smokin’ fast. So I just do the best I can and try to enjoy the journey. I was pretty surprised to find out I got 2nd in my AG. There were only 3 women in my AG running the 10K. I wasn’t last! Thanks for reading, dromedary
              Thanks for the report. Good job and that is neat the you got a medal. It heralds a lot of things that we all do that even gets us to the start line. You ran smartly and let the race come to you. Congratulations.
              Vista
              wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks for the pictures and report! You did a fine job despite the heat - I'm not sure how you managed it! And as I found out recently, age group awards are not about speed, they are about who shows up to run! That means you get to say, "I'm one of the fast wimmin in my age group!" At least for that day and that race. Cool

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Super report dromedary and way to go in the heat and all. Thanks for adding the photos too since it brings it all to life and the smiles are priceless. Display that medal with pride. CNYrunner/Karin
                  nowor

So I just do the best I can and try to enjoy the journey. I was pretty surprised to find out I got 2nd in my AG. There were only 3 women in my AG running the 10K. I wasn’t last! dromedary
                    Drom, Well down on a hot day. You look great w/ that medal around your neck. I keep looking for the sweat but you just look sweet. Now you are one of those fast wimmin in your AG!
                      nowor, I sweated (that shirt is soaked). I'm a bit amazed still athe AG medal because we all know it's ILENEFORWARD who gets all the AG awards around SoCal Wink
                        Hey you deserve a medal just for showing up and sticking with the 10k in all that H&H. I got my only AG award last winter when it was like -15 degrees outside. All the fast people who usually show up stayed home but it doesn't say that on my trophy now does it Wink Great job and what fun meeting some famous RA people. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

huskydon

Dromedary, It was great to see you and Mr Dromedary (and Bruce) at the race. I didn't realize we lived so close to each oher. You ran well, with so much heart and determination, you didn't even notice the heat until Bruce & I mentioned it in our reports. Everyone is glad that you remembered to bring a camera and we have evidence of yet another boomer gathering. (I thought we would look more wiped out after the run, but there's me again complaining about the heat). Congratulations on the AG win! The medal does look good on you! Some one told me that you are supposed to wear it at work too, the following Monday. You are so observant about the neighborhood and neighbors, yes, it was a friendly group. Hope to run with you again soon! huskydon
                            Dromedary, What a great race. Congrats on your AG. Well deserved. Thanks also for the pictures which is a real treat. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Thanks tselbs, SLOJim, vista, CNYrunner and Tallrunner! wildchild and hallar, thanks for the insights, I had no idea that just showing up would reap such benefits Wink. I have a half marathon in Maui this September, so I need to get used to H&H. This race was a good experience for me. huskydon, thank you and good luck at the 5K in La Palma (July 4th). Hope the weather is cooler for you Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

Congratulations on your AG award, especially in that heat - great job! And I love the pictures - thanks for share with us!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."