Masters Running

Monday, June 28th Daily Runs (Read 659 times)

Good morning everyone.......

Three more running days left for June and a holiday weekend coming up.   The Fourth of July is on Sunday so probably many will be getting Monday off.   After all......you can't miss a holiday.     Meanwhile, Canada Day is also this week.....July 1st.

I ran yesterday in the heat that was showing 101 degrees.   I picked a nice shady trail here in the city but still only managed 4.35 miles when I had hoped to do 8.   Oh well, it still was a nice run with more runners out and absolutely NO bikers.    Usually there are a lot of bikers on that trail.

How hot was it yesterday?      I put a couple of hamburgers on the grill in my back patio area and wondered why they were cooking so slowly........then I realized I had forgotten to turn the grill on!!!

Stay cool (those in the heat)....and enjoy your summer days.

Vista

H&H....there's a lot of that going around.

I got to run very little this weekend, so was happy to get in 4 this morning. But I ran through pea soup-like humidity.

Maybe another round this evening. walt

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Wow that's hot, Vista.  No triple digits here in CT yet, but it was 75 and humid at 4 this morning.

Tried lifting this morning, and could only do light weights.  Then did spin class, and things loosened up.  The shoulder is feeling better now.  I'll run tomorrow.

It's been too hot here to be running outside...110...most days...So my runs have all been on the tread mill O Death.   Had a great Sunday run (15) followed up by a great Monday run (6). 

The legs are feeling great, the breathing is smooth and even thought i get off the treadmil "rode hard and put away wet"  I'm feeling a good transition as I move back into some serious base miles. 

Hope everyone's Monday is smooth and in the zone!

Hugs

Karl

Morning, gang!

Joey - that is definitely hot!  LOL!

PBJ - good news that your shoulder is better!

I was in Chicago last week for a conference.  DH and I ran along Lake Michigan every morning.  We had one great morning with reasonable temp and low humidity - the rest were cookers.  I'd forgotten how hot and humid it can be at 6:00 AM in the Midwest. 

Speaking of heat and humidity, it was high 70's and wicked, evil humid here this morning.  I was thankful for the nice breeze off the Sound.  6 dirt slow hilly miles with 152 AHR. 

Our strawberries are nearly through for the year, so I made an angel food cake yesterday.  I bought a  loaf pan especially for making angel food cakes.  I think I'll have to try lining it with parchment paper next time.  I loosened up the edges of the cake as directed, but the cake was stubborn and I ended up breaking it half when I finally shook it out of the pan.   Not a big deal since it was just for DH and I. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mariposai

But I ran through pea soup-like humidity.

6 miles at 5...in 70F and 69% humidity...just the way I like it. Camping was fun, we did a little bit of walking around in the woods, our friend is terminally ill so we could not be too active for his sake. Nono, I thought of you as I read "The art of racing in the rain by Garth Stein. Great story told by a dog...a very easy and relaxing read.

Hydrate well my friends!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...sweet mari//......you're a good friend.....

storms rolling in today

poolrunning after work......leg is good, I think the orthotics are gonna help

.....................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Squats and bench presses followed by a 5.5 mile easy run (8:34 avg pace) in the oppressive humidity. it'll be in the 90s today but the T-storms will clear it out tonight. I actually felt pretty good this morning considering the crappy night of sleep after 2 days of landscaping.

Marathon Maniac #957

Lots happened over the weekend, I see.... 

TomS – it’s good to see that your DW is so well recovered from her meniscus tear and surgery, and was able to race well in her 5K walk.  Very nice race for you as well, beating your goal by a huge margin!

Divechief – congratulations on your 30th marathon!

PBJ – ouch!  And you still ran 16 miles after that!

Enke – I love Blizzards....

Halllar – you had me picturing the possibilities of running in full mosquito netting...

DG – “it was hard but nothing hurt much” – that sounds like a successful LR to me!

Aamos – golf-ball sized hail?  Ouch!

CNYRunner – congratulations on 1st AG and 2nd woman overall in your 10-miler!

Vista – even I will admit that there is such a thing as “too hot to run.”

4.3 easy-paced miles for me this morning, followed by some core work and upper-body weights.

We had a great time at Put-in-Bay this weekend.  Took the ferry over at noon on Saturday, putted around in a rented golf cart, visited 2 caves and a winery, hung out on a friend’s boat drinking beer and watching people at what seemed to be a non-stop marina-wide party, and went dancing at one of the bars that night, finally catching the 11pm jet-ferry back to the mainland and our hotel.  Overall, a great time with good friends.  Saw some craziness in the marina, where folks just seem to climb from boat to boat, drinking all day long, and one woman in particular kept pulling up her top and flashing everyone every few minutes. 

Nope, it wasn’t me.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning RA!

Lots of heat for sure. But running in 101°...I don't know about that)

Isn't CNY running great these days!  Keep it rolling!

Last week i had a good balance of water and land running 3:55:00 WR and 3:14:39 land.

Only one problem... I now have a heart rate monitor tan line!

6 miles in another muggy 73° at 9:38 pace.. Cooler temps/lower humidity starting Thurs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Saw some craziness in the marina, where folks just seem to climb from boat to boat, drinking all day long, and one woman in particular kept pulling up her top and flashing everyone every few minutes. 

This is a weekend occurance on our lake in what they call "Hanky Pank Bayou".   I believe they even have their own website.   We used to go there all the time on our boat before it was taken over by all the drinking crazies, then it was no longer "family appropriate".   

Scheduled rest day for me.   After my rain drenched run yesterday, DD and I went to a movie, and when we got out the sun was out in all it's glory.   Oh well ..... DH let me drive his motorcyle around, so it was a good end to the day.  (no - I didn't dump it or scratch it in any way).

Lots of good running over the weekend!! 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

CNY.......Awesome !

Hey......Somebody is having a Birthday this week.....who is it ?

7.7 for me this morning.....no long run yesterday......I wimped out due to the H&H...no HTFU here.

and one woman in particular kept pulling up her top and flashing everyone every few minutes. 

This post is useless without pictures.

This post is useless without pictures.

totally SHOCKING Behaviour holly//.........who would do that at a race????

....and EGH's right. we need pictures......

it's tougher

to be Shocked without pictures...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I now have a heart rate monitor tan line!

This post is useless without pictures, too. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."