Masters Running

West Coast Wednesday Wakey Wakey (11-20-13) (Read 42 times)

I have to run - - oh wait . . . GET to run - - 10 miles before work.  So here I am at 3:50 a.m. trying to wake up.  Cup of coffee and a piece of toast, and I'm about out the door.  It's been a long time since I've had to run this many miles in predawn, prework hours.  . . . . not likin' it so much. Joking

Loved the pic from yesterday ~

Roch - We broccoli eating, dirt washing trail runners tie stuff around our waists all the time. Big grin

OK - I'm outta here.  Hope to make it the 4 miles to Safeway before nature wakes up.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Have a nice run, Leslie!  I hope Safeway is open, this early...

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Wowser - a couple of earlier-than-early risers this morning!

Did Leslie make it safely to Safeway??

Hi Mike!

Sorry your back on the DL, Henry. Heal quick - stay in touch.

Mariposai, I hope you're talking to your volunteer artist about the number of colors you want to print on your shirts for the half - remember that more colors = more expense. Greta job of signing up the HS band - live music on a half course is ALWAYS welcome, and helps a race stand out.

We're all pretty badass around here, in the nicest way...

Last night's meeting (#2) was very productive, and relatively short at 1 1/2 hours. We're signing up 2 new members to our conservation commission, which is good news.

5.8 racewalking and running miles at 4 o'moonlight this morning. Yes, the moon was still high in the sky and shed it's everlasting light on me. It was cool (29F) and quite breezy, but still a delightful morning to be out for a workout.

Have a greta Humpday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

4 miles in the same weather that Jay reports.  Feeling only mildly badass.  Waiting for the first decent snowstorm for that.  Or single digits.  Whichever comes first.

Remember, Leslie--"What would we do without bushes".

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

OK guys,it is hug a runner day today!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487706518010353&set=a.314374095343597.75162.314008132046860&type=1&theater

Butterfly hugs to each one of you!

Leslie, up at 3:25 now that is dedication! How can you stay awake and function after being up that early. Did you make it to Safeway?

No running this morning, but I did show the abs who is the boss Clown.

Off to a Community Success Summit. I have been part of the organizing team for over a year now (work related). Long, but exciting day ahead. I will be ready for a run at the end of the day, i am sure.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Quick visit today from me and back to work.  Got in 5.5 at easy pace at the park.  Webinar this afternoon for a client.  I get way more nervous doing these than when I'm on-site.  Interaction is harder in the webinar.  Spareribs

Dave59

The doctor has told me that getting to the gym a couple times a week and lifting weights is good for me, so that is where I was today.  I missed a couple weeks because of the wedding, the move and all the leaf raking so I was dreading it, but I feel pretty good now.  I did some time on the ARC trainer and then hit the weights.

(Roch and I added entries to the book club thread today.)

HUGS to all my runner friends!

Yes, I made it safely to Safeway.  It's conveniently located at approximately 4 miles, so plenty of time for ye ole intestines to wake up and greet a new day. Smile

I haven't run that far on pavement in a very long time, and my legs let me know.  Ugh!  I'm already slower'n snot, but I felt excessively slow this morning.  I think I finished in 1:54, not counting the Safeway visit.  Oh well - at least I was out there!

Posie - It's going to be a challenge getting through the day, especially since I have Bonkos tonight and won't get home 'til around 10:00.  I may have to indulge in some caffeine in the late afternoon.

Oh and BTW Posie re all the volunteers and the Omak HM - With you being beautiful inside and outside and assuming you also have somewhat of a delightful accent, I dare say it would be hard for anybody to tell you no.  Smile

Dave - Good job getting to the gym!

Okay - I gotta get some work done.  Later ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...hang in there henry///...........PoolRunning  is a good alternative.......

============

that said,

34mprnb

...............good running guys

.............ps.............STILL getting those damn ''better surf'' pop-ups and I clicked ''deactivate'' on there website

any suggestions??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

(((All runners, active & inactive)))

Thanks for all your encouragement. Went to the gym and did a little of everything, stationary bike, elliptical, therapy pool "walking". Met a guy one month older than me (do I look that old?).  He's given up cycling and skiing-afraid of falling and breaking limbs-common age group fear- but he goes to gym faithfully- "use it or lose it".

Saw doc. He agrees with my diagnosis of arthritis. Feels I can get back to running if I continue what I'm doing a bit longer.

C-R

Oh my busy busy in here.

Glad the Safeway was there for you Leslie.

That moon was wonderful Jay. DW and stared at it a bit last night after we put kids in bed.

Good stuff posie

I hear the gym is a nice place for workouts. Is it like Average Joe's from Dodgeball?

10K at lunch today. getting ready for monkey I guess I should taper. I'll taper on Sat with a 5k in Nashville.

Got a good laugh at dinner yesterday. The pics from last weekend's race were posted yesterday and there were a couple of me. Kid quotes - "You look old in that one dad." "Did you step on something. You look like your in pain." "This one's good. Its far off." Tough crowd.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

henrun best wishes in your travels back to running.

Spareribs I should spend some time getting your views on how to make a virtual classroom type setting work.  I am scheduled to experiment with teaching a course in which there are both students on sight and in classes around the planet.  If this works Big grin  . . . but if it does not what a mess the semester will be!

Ran 14 today.  Same route I took Mariposai on when she came out for the Reach the Beach Relay.  Like all my routes it is one that goes from my house to a beach.  The only question is which beach or beaches.  I am so boring.  But if I go away from the water it is hilly!  (Okay, not wildchild hilly, but still.)  So, off to a beach I go each run.  Cool

In non-running news:  I broke down and sprang for a new phone (an LG G2) which will hopefully get shipped in the not too distant future.  This morning I was particularly glad I decided to pull the trigger.  Less than 8 miles into my run my phone battery died leaving me musicless!  Angry  This happened even though it was fully charged when I left!  I sure hope my new phone's batter does a LOT better.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Henry—sorry to hear about the arthritis but glad you’re staying active at the gym.

C-R—have fun at the Monkey…I guess it’s hard not to.

2cat—good luck with the phone. That one's on my short-list but I’m holding out for the holidays.

Ribs and Twocat’s posts remind me to mention that I’ve accepted a new position at my old university.  I’ll be working to develop online and hybrid courses, so I should be learning a lot about educational technology issues.  After being self-employed for a decade, it was time for a new challenge.  I’ll be working part-time from home, part-time on campus so I should still be able to get some regular running in—though I’ll likely cut back mileage with a commute now.  I’m working part-time now as I wrap up other projects and will go full-time in January.  I’m looking forward to it.

Gorgeous 35F this morning for a sproinky 7 miler this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

... Went to the gym and did a little of everything, stationary bike, elliptical, therapy pool "walking".

A buffet at the gym!

Met a guy one month older than me (do I look that old?).

No

4 miles on a route that I am particularly fond of. Morgan and I discovered this route during a snow storm and ran it for many years. It is a bit far for Little Walter. I start with an uphill past some of my favorite restaurants - Middle Eastern, Turkish, and Mexican cuisines. Then run past a neighborhood where John and I used to live. I turn right to get to Mystic River. On the way back there is one street I am not so happy with as it is a long stretch without trees and cars zoom up it - well wouldn't you know. They put a bikepath along side of it, so i had a lovely 0.5 mile trail run added to the course. Oh happy days.

3:30 is early - that is dedication!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

henrun, good luck getting past the knee problem.  wild, I like the poster.  MS, your mom is amazing.

Nice long runs for Mike, fatozzig, and Twocat.  Good job on the speedwork for deez.

Yesterday, we babysat our grandson.  It was fun but there is a reason that mother nature doesn't let almost 70 year olds be parents.

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and there was just a light breeze, I did 4 miles at an 11:02 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS