RunnerKSA 3.2 non-Garminized then 2.3 with Garmin

Dave59 is sick and having thermostat battles

Tammy possible stress fx

Spacityrunner 3.5

pfriese 10.5 total with the bulk being 6x1 mile intervals @ 8min/mile

Henrun 3.2

tomwhite 40 min poolrun

HollyS 6.4 total but 3.4 were sand sucking miles on the beach

Anzio 21 (makes me think harder about retirement to do a long run on a Tuesday)

Wildchild 6 cold and windy

Twocat 10 miler (and not to neglect the previous day, ran up and down flights of steps to get coat)

Mike E and evanflein took well-deserved rest days

Mariposai 10 mile bike ride

I got in 8.5 total via 3x2 mile intervals (kind of wimpy on coll down and warmup)

Apologies if I missed someone.

Starr- I thought I was drinking a bit too much wine for a while; just sort of fell in the habit after work. I just stopped drinking for a full year. I'm sipping moderately now. Show your husband a YouTube channel called Alcohol Mastery. Irish guy who had a whale of a drinking issue who quit and offers his thoughts on stopping. I listened to a lot of his podcasts.

Mariposai- have fun sorting out scholarships. I write a lot of letters for my students and know these committees often have tough choices.

Scheduled rest day today; maybe I can catch up on life.

Tailwinds!

bioguy

And lest I forget, Have a greta Wednesday.

Thanks, bioguy!

2.5 early treadmill miles before flight to Phoenix.  Bad storms last night, but no damage right in my neighborhood.  Dark and cold outside, but that will change at the other end of the flight!   Going to be a long day-  I'm doing legal training sessions for the first two ships at our distribution center south of Phoenix and touring the DC, which is our newest one (my husband gets the tour, too).  We're meeting old friends for dinner and then need to find our hotel in Scottsdale.  2 hour time change always does me in. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' Bioguy and KSA, and everyone else.

Sorry about the 'class from hell,' Bioguy.

Busy day, indeed, KSA. I hope you get some time to enjoy Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Last night for dinner we had salmon with caramelized cabbage - sounds like s strange combination, but it worked out nicely.

I went 6.8+ RW miles this morning in 37° temps, and in a wind-driven mizzle that fizzled but then rekindled. I didn't feel like I had any speed in me, so I didn't try to fight it, and I had a nice moderate workout, despite the weather.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

If I didn't feel so tired and I wasn't coughing up gobs of foreign material I would go for run. Guess it is another rest day.

The exercise challenge started at work this week. I don't want to let my team down so 3 times yesterday I turned on my Gamin and shuffled around the condos. Got credit for 68 minutes of exercise. 

This is the first year I set a goal on the running log. 1000 miles for the year.  I was building up a lead on the rabbit and then came the vacation, the NY office trip, and now this cold. Makes me wish that I didn't set a goal because now I think about losing ground instead of just resting up.

Tramps

Upper 60s this morning with a front bearing down on us.  I got about a mile and a half into my run before it started pouring, so I headed back...and by the time I got home it had stopped, so I headed back out, piecing together 5 miles.  I forgot to turn my Garmin back on, though. Ah well.

Be safe. Be kind.

I'm not sure if I should be offended that I was left off the recap, but I guess I'll accept bioguy's apology.   After all, 2Kitty's stair climbing didn't get included yesterday and he *cough* wasn't *cough* offended *cough*.

15 min of stat biking this a.m. with some intervals thrown in (so far so good on the butt), followed b 45 min of core/ST.  This run I foolishly signed myself up for in July has me a tad freaked out, so I'm adding in some decent step work to work on leg strengthening.  My coach also sent me an email telling me that if I average a 13- to 14-min mile for the course, I can finish in 7:15.  He wants me to start working on what that feels like in my LRs.  I'm a pretty speed walker, it's the climbing that gets me, and there's a nasty 3-mile climb at the end of that race.

Okay - enough of my whining over my stupid decisions.  We have somewhat decent skies today, but tomorrow the rain returns.  . . . yay . . .

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

bioguy

Sorry! Lots of folks to sort through.....

I'll try harder.

Sorry! Lots of folks to sort through.....

I'll try harder.

More is expected from someone who is teaching the future world leaders.   (just kidding . . .  Wink

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Starr- I thought I was drinking a bit too much wine for a while; just sort of fell in the habit after work. I just stopped drinking for a full year. I'm sipping moderately now. Show your husband a YouTube channel called Alcohol Mastery. Irish guy who had a whale of a drinking issue who quit and offers his thoughts on stopping. I listened to a lot of his podcasts. 

Thanks a lot for this, bioguy.  I will listen to the podcasts and see if he will listen.  I could watch youtube on our tv, so maybe that would be our "date night" - ha!  Actually this is going on day 3 without any drinking. He did agree to cut back, which has done.  I know it's not a solution to the underlying problem though but it's nice to be somewhat back to normal.

We got six inches of snow and the wind dropped down to 28 by 5pm. Obviously I didn't get any running in but man, oh man, did I clean.  The basement was a disaster since contractors have working down there over the past 4 months. That sheetrock dust is the worst.  I worked on cleaning every box in one of the store rooms, trying to get rid of stuff along the way. I think I overdid it -- my arm is hurting more today.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

I am going to have to find some stairs to run up and down in my jacket and slacks if I am going to make tomorrow's recap! Well, I did a half hour of weights. Plan A was to get up early and go on the elliptical. That got nixed when I decided not to set my alarm to get up early. Still, I had a half hour so the gym for a few minutes seemed like better than nothing.

Hmm, looking through today's posts I wonder if getting offended at fatozzig not messaging me to join the relay team would work in rectifying that? May be worth a try.

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hmm, looking through today's posts I wonder if getting offended at fatozzig not messaging me to join the relay team would work in rectifying that? May be worth a try.

I wish I could!  But my Sept is done gone and been planned already.  

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

And in case some of you men were not aware, this is the new fashion trend for men.  I expect pictures from those of you man enough to sport such an outfit.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, I made a new friend today!

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Anzlo

Just 2 recovery miles today.

Have a great rest of the week !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD