Masters Running

HAPPY TGIF Master runs and such... (Read 413 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

I can't sleep very well right now, so I thought I would start off our daily....Luv you all very very much....you really have no idea right now. Stress test in the AM to get my HR to max out, to determine whether I can do speed work right now....I know I will be fine. I cycled 56 miles last night with my Roadie Friends, and got my HR way higher than I should have...but all is good as I have NOT felt I "funky" heart beat in quite some time now. I am looking forward to working hard to my "A race" in Nov where I want to finally BQ...I will do it. It was so great meeting so many RA folks at Seattle. Thanks for the ones who encouraged - nagged - pleaded for me to go. I would be kicking myself in the butt right now if I didn't go....thanks to all, really. Kinda disappointed about something right now, but I am HAPPY Timbo. It was sooo very nice getting all the hugs I did at Seattle....so very nice. This was a trip of a life time which I cherish Dearly. Bill, RR will have to wait....sorry as things have changed Fren. Your Fren TimBo PS: Wish me luck on my test tomorrow...I will do great I know. RA Rocks!!!!

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Whew - I thought I got lost in some time warp and it was already Friday. But it's dark out, so thought maybe we have a total eclipse going on . . . But it's just insomniac Tim trying to mess me up.

Hope your test goes well tomorrow! Let us know as soon as you can. . . remember . . . Who Loves Ya Baaaaby?!

Finally, 6 days later and I'm heading out for a run tomorrow a.m. I have the day off work. So I can finally contribute something running related. Not sure on distance, but I'd like to get a slow hour on my feet. We'll see.

night.

Tammy

Good luck today tomorrow - good luck with your test!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Whew - I thought I got lost in some time warp and it was already Friday. But it's dark out, so thought maybe we have a total eclipse going on . . . 

Ok, these sorts of statements usually just totally mess me up... but good thing I was recently down in Tammy's neck of the woods so I know of which she speaks. Oh... it's 10:38 pm here now and still broad daylight. I love summer here...!

I'll post race reports soon, both Seattle and tonight's race... but I rarely get such a good picture of me running and DH got this tonight. It was the mile race I do every year and it was 80F at 7:20 or so when I started (time is a guess, I didn't have my watch). I knew I wouldn't PR this race--not even close so soon after the marathon and after weeding the garden all afternoon--but I figured I'd do ok and I did. Not a PW at least... DH took this at the start of the second lap:

The end of the "fast men" heat was pretty good. A friend of ours who has won the Equinox marathon several times (4? 5? I forget) took the lead from a younger (high school?) runner after the third lap and just smoked him. In the close chase is the coach of the track and XT team, and my boys' math teacher... Mike (lead guy) ended up winning just over 4:20 or so...

And thanks for all the well wishes for DH and his recovery. He's doing really well! Here he is at the race, taking pictures and talking to so many people who were surprised to see him on crutches after his great half marathon time... 

And for the record, this was after 7:30 pm., the sun was still high in the sky and it was at least 80F out there!

nonoruns does it help that I was there for a conference?  Ok, a lot of fun when not busy conferencing. 

evanflein good picture?    You look spectacular!

I have to read the Seattle race missives later on.  Right now I have only 45 minutes of internet connection here in the Athens airport before they cut me off.  Happy running all!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Twocat... I get it... thanks.
              dg.

Erika,  read the next part!    & you did .     You look mahvelous!

Twocat, not so much.  Safe travels anyway.  :-)

Hope all is well today Tim.

I have to go!   just thought as long as i was up & so was the pc (& there was a daily started, thanks Tim!)  I'd pop in & say good morning.

Good Morning!

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - what a great picture of you!  And both feet off the ground, too - very nice!

Scheduled rest/x-training day for me today, and DH and I are both off work.  Probably will do some light weights/core stuff, and DD wants to go for a bike ride later.  Lots of errands and chores planned, as we prepare for our big annual party tomorrow. 

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks for starting us off Tim! Sorry about the disappointment and I hope the Happy Tim prevails.

Erika---that track shot is a keeper. I don't think you could look anything but fabulous, but it is a keeper of a running shot--nice stride and I am gazing at that sun.....Twocat, please bring some back to the Northeast. 40 days and counting, where did that Noah get to?!

I am not usually such a grump about weather---yeesh, I grew up in Syracuse, NY after all, but this rain is making me Ms. Cranky Pants. I was up at UNH yesterday for work and the drive there and back in torrential rain on 495 amidst the trucks was a wheel gripper. I had to pull off at one point last night because I couldn't see. (to clarify---the truckers were fabulous, it's the $$#@@%% folks in  cars who weave at high speed in between the trucks---hydroplane and then hit their brakes right in front of me) Okay.....whining off

I have lots of work today so I was awake early and busted out for my run at 5 am---6 miles at 8:30 pace with 10 strides. Felt good and hope that continues for tomorrow's 4 mile race.

Enjoy the holiday folks.

Renee the dog

I am not usually such a grump about weather---yeesh, I grew up in Syracuse, NY after all, but this rain is making me Ms. Cranky Pants.

Can completely sympathize.  I was starting to garner support 'round these parts for a mass suicide, when the 7 weeks of rain finally broke. (Well, we're still getting rain, but overnight, where it belongs....)

Fartlek day for me.  Turned in 4 1-min sprints at the top of each mile to and from the boardwalk.  That's a 4.5 mi route, so 4 sprints...felt pretty good. 

Had another boardwalk encounter...this time with a bunch of man/boys who gave me a woof-whistle.  I didn't think it was for me, but after the second one, I turned and yelled over my shoulder, "That can't be for me.  I'm 45!"  To which a couple of them shouted back, "Keep it up" and "That's great."  More evidence that my last encounter on the boardwalk was an aberration.

Didn't think anything more about it, but at the end of the boards, a man about my age on a beach cruiser bike yells out, "Hey, 45! Looking goooooood."  I laughed my head off at that! 

Bayside and Renee are heading out now for a run.  I should probably get coffee going.  Have a great day everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Slo

Erika.....great shot ! Lookin very atheletic !

No run yesterday but I did get out for a 28 mile spin. Just a casual ride. Then beers and chips on the patio.

Knocked out an easy 8.5 miles this morning. The air was cool but the humidity is creeping back up.

I'm at the plant. Production is down today. I need to update some control screens and then I'm outta here. Not much planned for the weekend but I have plenty of beer, rum and vodka on hand to handle what ever may come up.

Wishing great runs to all !

Nice pictures Erika.  Having the sun up that high at 8:30 PM is weird.  I'm winding down for bedtime by then down here!  (I'm old.)

Today is a rest day so no running.  So I took the opportunity to do a swim.  1600 meters.  I felt okay even though I haven't swum but once since before Bayshore.  I'm hoping to swim every week on the rest day - unless the legs just don't want to move that week!

Nono, the evidence seems to suggest you're a "Babe".  Enjoy it.

Slo-Hand, my guitar playing is coming around.  It's amazing just how much I did not learn when I was young.  I'm a lot more analytical about it than I was an 12 years old.  Then it was memorization, now I want to know why.  The agility isn't so ggod though.  (Did I mention I'm old?)

TimBo, good luck on the TM.  Don't break it now.  They'll put it on your bill I'm sure.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Tim—hope you get good news today

Erika—glad to hear your husband’s doing so well.  Great pics, too!  Enjoy the sunshine; you deserve it after those long dark winters.

CNY—hope the weather improves; my relatives in NH were complaining about the same thing but we managed to get decent weather for our hiking.  When we drove up from VA to NH, though, we had rain the entire way; never turned off the windshield wipers.  Yuck; that gets old fast.

Nono—sounds like a friendly bunch at your boardwalk.  Hope they're not too friendly!

Slo—sounds like you’re ready for anything.

It’s a little frightening how quickly I can gain weight when not running.  And now DW’s got a big barbeque planned for the weekend.  Oh oh.

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

I'm winding down for bedtime by then down here!  (I'm old.)

me too.   (me too)  ;-)

Nono,  Big grin

Things keep getting better, little bits at a time, I guess that's how it works.  The plan was for 1 mile at recovery pace, 2 at 10K pace with a 2 min. recovery, (i think) & another mile of recovery.  One thing I'm learning, (just now, & slowly) along with something Ribs said once, is you don't have to do all you possibly can each & every run. duh.  Prepare for the next one.  Don't know why I've been so slow to get this.  Anyway, I more or less followed the plan, but since I'm still dealing with a few things & haven't done any of the previous workouts like this in this plan (although it isn't much!) I only did 2 x 3/4 miles of the faster pace.   But all body parts seem to be ok.  I'm so relieved.  Smile.     Drank a mini portion of Endurox R4 because I just got it & had to try it, came home, put on a robe & had breakfast.  stood in the kitchen, looking around at things (bleh) & started moving things &  washing windows & walls & floors.    I think I'd better get in the shower before I continue, at least for the sake of the poor neighbors that can see this hag like person standing on a ladder. 

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good luck Timbo

Erika.. awesome picture.. athletic for sure!

DG..progress is good!

Slo.. nice 8

4 Miles EZ ready for 4 miles of torture tomorrow.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova