Masters Running

The "I Can't Think of a Catchy Title" Weekly Weigh-In Thread (Read 458 times)

148.  At least I'm consistent.  

Tried to put on a pair of work slacks the other day that I haven't worn in, oh, a few months.  Reeee-diculous.  Also took a bunch of pants to my seamstress to have the hems let out (I have a hard time finding pants long enough).  Put on one pair and they were plenty long.  Why did I have these in the stack? Then I remembered - Oh, they use to be loose on me and I was gonna have her take 'em in a smidge.  They came back home with me. 

*sigh* I'm going to go brush my teeth so I don't eat anything before I go to bed.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I do that sometimes too, Leslie - brush my teeth shortly after dinner so I won't snack.

I did weigh myself this a.m. and I'm only a few tenth's of a pound up from what I was last Thursday - which was the last time I weighed myself before the marathon. So I figure even though I ran a marathon, but then with all the eating I've done for the few days after that (and the cookies from satan I've been eating the last few days), and to only be a smidge above where I was . . . well, I'm okay with that.

Tammy

SteveP

For the first time in quite a while, I'm less than 200 lbs. Last night. DW and MIL ganged up (in a  restaurant) on me saying I'm too thin. MIL very much isn't. I've had two doctors tell me to loose weight.. ....OK, I'm working on it. I asked MIL to see her diploma....Not a good move....We were out, as well as FIL. They wanted desert....I didn't...They could have had some...S'all good.

199 LBS!

Before

After

SteveP

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Your looking good Steve!!   Wink

I'm down 4 from my all time high last week!   I'm not ready to post the number yet as it is still higher than my high should be.  Sad     I'm workin' on it though!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

im finally down some too - i hit 140 - not a good look on a 5'3" (almost) frame ......today 137 - would really like to see 135 (or less) by July 4 then work on more from there

denise

Steve,

If you laid backwards over a stability ball you would look just like the guy all the wimmin are goo goo over.

166 for me , down 6.5 pounds but I did break my fast for a few days as my runs were getting pretty carpy. Last night I am sure the nachos and beer took care of at least 2 or 3 pounds of that loss. I will start back on the very low calorie diet on Monday and try and pop off a few more quick ones. (probably the ones I will gain this week end)

Good luck to everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein

So Larry... all things in moderation is a foreign concept, eh? 

Hey Steve, that guy on the ball has nothin' on you. Good job. Your next assignment is family harmony, right?

Leslie, I have a hard time finding pants long enough too. But my main problem is finding sleeves long enough! Those are harder to let out.

Hanging out at 140 still. Would like to drop a couple, but apparently not enough to sacrifice anything for it. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Every pair of pants I try on are too long....I'd rather have the other problem....

I didn’t weigh last week, since I was carb-loading for a 50K and didn’t want to stress on weight, but this week I’m down a pound to 115.  Still leaves me 4 lbs to go to “comfortably buttoning pants” weight.  Plus we’re having 3 other couples over for dinner tomorrow night, followed by an outdoor concert of a local band called The Menus – I suspect eating and drinking will be involved. 

On a healthy note, I have been munching more raw veggies this week, bringing carrots, broccoli and sweet peppers to work to nibble on, and have started putting a spoonful of Chia seeds and ground flax seeds into my morning oatmeal.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

How tall are you Leslie?

I think Erika might even be a bit taller than me. maybe by an inch?

I'm 5'9" and shrinking. In fact, last time they measured me I think was 5'8.34" - I used to be 5'9.5".    (but I'm sticking with 5'9" and saying I just didn't stand up tall enough when they measured me at the docs office).

I don't like shrinking.  Although my DH (at 55) is shrinking faster than I am. He used to only be a tiny smidge shorter than me and now the top of his shoulders come to the bottom of my shoulder. It's much more noticeable and yeah, I'm a little self-conscious about that. Heels are not even on my radar anymore when we go out.

I have a hard time finding pants long enough also and pretty much just stick with Dockers because they have those in long length.  Same with shirts Erika - long enough sleeves. and if I'm going with long sleeves, I like my sleeves to be even longer than my wrists. Running shirts are another hard one - finding them long enough through the torso. I like the Nike dri-fits for this reason - they come in a longer torso .  Gee, I'm just a big problem all around - pant length, sleeve length, torso length . . .

Tammy

evanflein

Tammy, I think we're actually the same height. I have really really long arms. I love the Nike Dri Fit stuff because the sleeves (and torso) are long enough. I've never bought the "official" Boston jacket (Adidas brand)  because the shoulders are too narrow and sleeves too short. The next size up is baggy around the middle. Oh well. I save money this way.

Tammy and I could share a closet. I like the Eddie Bauer and Ann Taylor Loft pants because they come in talls, and Eddie Bauer sells almost everything (shirts, coats, etc) in Tall sizes.

TammyinGP

I forgot about Eddie Bauer - when I lived in Seattle, some of my pants were E.B. because of the long length. But we don't have an E.B. down here, i don't think? The Gap was where I usually bought my jeans - for the same reason.

I still have some of my size 4 pants I wore back in my skinny days, but that was when the styles were for waistbands to sit higher up, so even though I can get my legs/hips into those pants, I could never button them again. After a baby, my waist will NEVER go back to being like it was - that's why I like pants now that sit a bit lower on the hip.

Tammy

I'm 5'8".  I need an inseam of at least 31.  One time I got so frustrated looking for work pants around here, I went to every store I could think of and measured the inseams of all the slacks - 29".  This is one of the reasons I sort of go nuts when a conference is within driving distance.  Shopping!  I like JC Penny's because their clothes are very reasonably priced and wear well, and they have short, regular, and tall. Talls are too long, but if they fit in the waist/butt, I'll buy them then have my seamstress hem them.  She's does a really good job and is very inexpensive.

I do pretty well at JCP's for shirts, too.  Usually I have a problem combining the right arm length with the right shoulder width.  The look I'm real tired of is 3/4 length sleeves (if I want short sleeves, I'll roll them up) and that blousy/empire waist stuff.  I think it makes women look like they're pregnant.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, I know women's clothing is a lot harder to find proper sizing in, but try finidng a 36" inseam for jeans.  Actually my pet peeve on pants length is with the sleep/lounge pants.   unless I get an XXL (and have to grab 6" of the waist to keep them up) i find it very hard to find something that doesn't look like a pair of capris after the first wash.  They all appear to be sized for guys that are 5-8, 250.

on more weighty matters, i did hit 185 on Tuesday, but DW made pizza pockets last night and I didn't want to know the damage this morning.

Congrats on breaking the 200 barrier Steve.  It's all downhill from here.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Last week, scale said 167-169. This week it's 165 - 167. Waist measurement in December was 39". It's down to 37 or so now. Getting down to 165 was step 1. Next step is 160. Then from there, on to 155 and hopefully a 34" waist. So, down a couple pounds and feel good. Getting down from 183 to 165 has dropped like 30 seconds per mile off my easy pace. Just cutting the beer, anything sugary, bread and most pasta. Took my girls for ice cream after soccer last Friday and didn't get one for myself. My discipline is getting better. I had BBQ last night but skipped the bread, macaroni salad, ertc. and anything starchy. Stuck to collard greens and green beans. Had the leftovers for lunch with, again, no starchy carbs. And i don't feel bloated - which happens with pasta and bread. I've had two elevated fasting blood glucose tests and my Mom is a Type 2 diabetic so I have some motivation to say no to sugar and carbs. But beer oh beer, why must you torment me so?

MTA: Stumpy, that's weird. I'm 5'8" and all my lounge pants are too long. And why the hell can't I find a pair of shorts that fit? 32" is too tight, 34" is too big. Guess I gotta lose more.and Fatozzig, I'm also a 31" inseam too. Many of my khakis are either "floods" or are too long. Yeesh, why is 31" such an ordeal for clothing manufacturers? Same with dress shirts. I'm a 33" sleeve. Have to somewhere that has exact sizes or shirts are too short or too long.

Hi Y'all,

I've decided to start weighing in.

I got serious about losing weight just over a year ago and have dropped close to 30 lbs.  A couple months back I hit 178 but have since plateaued.  This is now the second multi-month plateau in a year, so it is time to get serious again.  Running-wise, I'm in a base (re)building phase right now and hope that upping the mileage, mindful eating habits, and doing the 100 pushups/200 situps programs will help push down toward the ultimate goal.  I'd like to lose another 19, to make it an even 100 lbs since the all-time high of 262 in 2000.  Regardless, every lb lost makes a BQ this Fall at Duke City or Tucson more likely.

DW wants to lose a few lbs too so that helps a whole bunch.  And just like the 40/40 thread, joining this one is great added motivation and moral support.

SteveP -- Why do fat relatives tell us that we are too skinny?  But then it is extraordinarily inflammatory to tell them that they are too fat!

Pant Problems -- 5'9" DW often has size/length problems.  Dillards has a nice line of pants called Investments that comes in different lengths and styles.  Also, Ross, TJ Maxx, and other close-out type stores often have name-brands that fits just right, because pretty much all they get are the odd sizes.