Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 4.10.18 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (2.1 miles with some right leg issue)
    Jlynne (5.75 miles in balmy 26° temps with some right leg issue)
    Dave59 (3.04 miles with snow)
    Tomwhite (50 min HH on Greenway)
    Pfriese (8.4 km for Henrun’s birthday)
    Deeze (1.5 TM miles + upper body circuit + 1-min plank)
    Anzlo (13 miles in IRC)
    Fatozzig (45 morning min of core/ST)
    Tet (14 Jacuzzi minutes + 8:24 Sauna)
    Henrun (84 min cold, sunny, birthday morning run)
    Bioguy (4 post-work miles)
    Wildchild (8.4 km for Henrun’s birthday)
    Surly Bill (5 miles at 7:51 pace)
    Spacityrunner (5 trail gang miles in sunny, high 60’s temps)
    Mike (8.4 Henrun miles, including 4X1.5 at ‘strength’ pace)
    Evanflein (3.45 post-work elliptical miles + .5 track walking miles + planks & bird dogs)
    Steve (2 EZ post-work miles with canine company)

Nice “Big” meet-up, KSA. As with Tet, you never know who you’ll meet on an elevator or a plane.

I don;’t think there is a downside to dry needling, Jlynne, so why not give it a try? Can you ask the birds for donations?

Sorry David didn’t get the scholarship, Tammy, but I’m sure he’ll do great on the other 2 interviews.

Sounds like a great birthday, Henrun!

What a bummer, Twocat. I hope you figure it out and heal well and quickly.

I went 6.6 quasi-fartlek RW miles this morning in 31° temps, with a slice 'o moon playing peek-a-boo in the clouds.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.  Kept it flat and stayed in on the treadmill for 2.1 miles- very slow-  lots of work on my hamstring/leg and trying to keep the streak.  Did OK- did I mention slow?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Quick post -- amazing what sleeping in until 6:30 does for my body!!

7.7 miles - felt great!! Heading up to OOB to check on the camper for the day -- I so miss Maine!!

Anyone running Portsmouth 1/2 marathon 4/22?

denise

Quickadder

5.4 recovery miles this morning with DD. She had run a HM on Sunday and I had run my LR probably too far too fast.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Started working on hamstring rehab this morning. Alas, I know the drill all too well. I will see how it goes over the next week. I have one doctor who is pretty aggressive about treating it (think higher risk strategies) and last time his prescription helped to break the log jam. If I do not see things moving along on schedule (and a slow schedule it is) I will go see him again.  O.L.D. is a terrible disease. But as they say better than the alternative!

Yes, I am still planning to have a relay team! I am also still planning to run the Chicago Marathon this October. Both are some time off.

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

2Kitty - Dang, Dang, Dang!!!  But you know what to do and that's a positive, and you're tackling it head-on.

SteveP - How can employer not provide hand towels and soap in the bathroom?? That's a health code violation.

i ate too much sushi last night with my friends for one's bday dinner, which made me nervous about running this morning . . . if you get my drift.  Hence, I will get in my 5 miles after work, when I know my colon is good and empty. 

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Easy 6.7 mile run in the park.

Paul

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

TC--sorry to hear the horrible hamsting is back again.  Hope it's caught early enough this time to preclude another long layoff.

I was thinking this morning, that no one has been using the fartlek term recently and then Jay jumps right in.  Anyway, I've come to the realization that I'm pretty much running just to keep running and showing little improvement.  So this morning, I did about a mile's worth of two-phone pole fartleks.  And pretty much proved that thesis.  felt it in the legs, for sure.  Have to do that a little more often.  That and a few more miles than just the 3.1 around the lake.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Anzlo

TwoCat - Sorry about the hamstring problem, but it sounds like you know how to get over it.  I hope you have a speedy and complete heal.

So, the word "fartlek" shows up, interesting.  My regular run/walk routine is a lot like repeated fartleks with the run part being around 10K pace give or take 10 seconds; I do the run part for about a 40 second interval then walk about 30 seconds normally on easy days.  On recovery days or really long days I often run the same but take two consecutive walk breaks periodically if I want to slow my pace.  I have a tendency to run a little too fast of an overall pace sometimes  Today's run was 8 miles in showers doing the later since I had covered 13 miles yesterday.

Have a great week folks !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just stopping in to say hi.  This was a scheduled rest day so I did a light weights workout.

I guess that's all I've got to say.  I wish my upcoming trip to Delaware was more than just a 2 day thing.  I would love to get away from here for a while...like a year, or so.

See ya!

Good luck with your hamstring recovery, Twocat.  Mine sort of moves from back to side to front of upper leg.  I can get it stretched out, but it comes back.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wildchild

Carolyn

Sending healing hugs to all the injured masters!

I went for a 4.5 mile hike in the local state park with DH this morning, then ran 7.1 miles around the neighborhood this afternoon.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

hi all. nothing for me today. had another treatment on my shin - cupping, laser and taping. now i have a board meeting.

Tammy

bioguy

Hi

10 mile Tuesday; 4 x 1.5 intervals with 0.5  mile recoveries. Trying to trust the Hanson's plan.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hi

10 mile Tuesday; 4 x 1.5 intervals with 0.5  mile recoveries. Trying to trust the Hanson's plan.

Trust it.  It works.