Masters Running

Friday, May 23rd Daily......kicking off the weekend (Read 425 times)

Good Morning. Here is a long weekend staring us in the face. Actually it looks like a very pretty face staring back. Holiday weekends always are exciting and show so much promise. I trust you have plenty of nice plans ahead for you. I am still in the midst of my baseball tournament with three more games today. These are great but you do get weary after a while. I found myself driving up and down the highway too often to my liking. Anyway, I will focus on the positive. It really is a great chance to enjoy the nice weather and watch some quality baseball. Tall......good luck on the racing. Hopefully you are feeling better by now. Twocat.......congratulations on the accomplishment. Savor the experience and don't be afraid to do something special for yourself with some of the money. Evanflein......So the hotel never called back but you FOUND your Garmin huh?......Hmmmm. I might be tempted to call them again and offer a $500 reward to them if they return the Garmin. You know they won't find it but the thoughts of them scrambling now to find it will at least give you a smile. I couldn't get a run in yesterday, but did manage a nice walk. Today shows more promise to work in a run between games. Good luck to anyone racing over the weekend. Enjoy the time with family and friends (for those with this on the agenda). Make sure to RUN....and check back in here every so often. Joey
    Vista

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I think I'm going to run a 5K race tomorrow. It'll be my 4th year at this local town race in which I took 1st in my AG the first time I ran it . . . what a fluke! I'd love to win it again and feel good about it! Smile Scheduled rest day for me. Things are so screwed up at work. It is a father/son thing and a while ago they brought on the step-son too. Talk about an idiot! (the son is not much better) Thinks he's some hot shot and you cannot - cannot teach him anything because he already knows it all. So many people unhappy. I've come to the decision this morning to have lunch with the father next week and try to have a heart to heart. Hopefully he'll be responsive. Makes getting up in the morning pretty difficult. Well, no, I still enjoy my runs - more than ever in fact. Other than that - Happy Friday!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Memorial Day weekend here in the States and the racing season is starting in full swing in most areas of the country. Best of luck to all these MANY racers! Smile 5/24 halllar - Bayshore Marathon. Traverse City Michigan 5/24 mrbill - Bayshore Marathon, Traverse City MI 5/26 marathon derrick - Bayshore marathon 5/24 Mariposai - Mazama Fun trail run, WA 5/25 fatozzig - Forest Park Trail Run 50k, Portland, OR 5/25 Soundrunner - Forest Park 50k, Portland OR 5/25 Tallrunner - Ottawa Marathon (A) 5/25 charleygross - Vermont City Marathon 5/25 busiman - Vermont City Marathon, Burlington VT 5/25 SueT48 - Vermont City Keybank Marathon, Burlington, VT 5/25 mainerunnah - Boston's Run to Remember 5 Miler, Boston MA 5/25 deez4boyz - Boston's Run to Remember 5 miler, Boston MA 5/25 CNYrunner - Buffalo Half-Marathon, Buffalo NY 5/25 Jlynne - Christie's 4 miler 5/26 Jim24315 - Marin Memorial Day 10k - Kentfield CA 5/26 fussyrunner - Cotton Row 10K, Huntsville, Al 5/26 hermosaboy - Brian Kraft Memorial 5k Lake Nokomis 5/26 huskydon - Laguna Hills Memorial Half Marathon, Laguna Hills CA 5/26 Mtnchk1 - Bolder Boulder 10K, Boulder CO For me it was a 6 mile GA run this morning in 54 minutes. I couldn't get myself to run easy (or easier). Evil grin A friend/co-worker of mine told me yesterday that he's running his 1st full marathon in a couple of weeks - it's a rails and trails sort of thing somewhere out west - gotta go look it up. I had no idea he was training for anything though I knew he was a runner. But he told me his longest run has been 15 miles. He said he "didn't want to get injured running 20". Roll eyes I told him politely and carefully to go very easy early on and take some short walk breaks. He's a new runner who has some talent - he ran a 1:57 half marathon a few months ago - but I'm worried about how he'll end up. Sad Bil

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

The Jogger

Morning Gang Well Friday is here and for all you mon-fri it must be great I had Wed / Thurs the weather was good and got some gardening done, so that was good and off Sunday. Now, enough waffle, I did a little recovery after yesterdays 11 hilly trail, glad I did and all as it felt a bit of a drag. Woody was probably quite relieved too as he doesn't like over doing it the older he gets Anyway: 3m 34:18 @ 11:26 pace AHR 146 67% Good Runs All Roy Vista beat me Tongue Good luck to Hallar tomorrow and Mr Bill and Mariposai

Marathon Maniac #957

from Twocat:
            In nonrunning news some work of mine won a very prestigious prize.
            I don’t have to know the exact nature of the award to say a big CONGRATULATIONS!!! I always knew you were one of the smart guys. {{{{Tall}}}} Seemomgo – I was hoping the fall, 2009 meet-up wouldn’t be quite as challenging as Denver. You seem to have lots of cold weather (I hate to be cold), and your altitude would be tough on this sea-level-dweller. Undecided No run for me today – light x-training instead: superman lifts, front raises, push-ups, leg lifts w/ankle weights, face-up and face-down, reverse flies, various crunches and oblique v-ups. Good luck to the weekend racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thank you for all the best wishes everyone. Had a decent sleep and the aches are gone or mostly. Still have a bit of a fever but drinking like crazy. Stomach aches still a problem. Overall better than yesterday. Can I run a marathon...not sure yet. But I will pick up my kit at the expo today and hope for the best today and tomorrow. Have a great day Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Renee the dog

Tall, I'm pulling for ya! Eliz, drive safe now coming down this way. Now if you were coming in earlier, I'd say "Let's go running!" But, by Noon I hope to be putting a second coat of stain on my back deck and then spending some time over at the new house figuring out the punch list so the builder and I can call the construction complete. Did 3 1/4 this morning -- planned on a bit more, but even going out at 6:30 I was getting fumed to death by cars. And, Renee and I can no longer run on the boardwalk now that it is "season." A bad day or two will convince me I need to set the alarm even earlier, and motivate me to get out of bed. I have a feeling I'm going to be a 5 a.m. er or an 11 p.m. er this summer, but regardless, I will achieve my goal of getting in the miles even if the shoobies tourists are here and driving their cars too much. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Good Morning all, 6.5 miles at a relaxed pace for me (no watch, so who knows...felt relaxed) with a few strides thrown in for the last 2 miles. I ran to my alma mater and around the campus---it's reunion weekend, so tents dotted the lawns and everything looks great. It's reunion, commencement, prom, Paradise City arts festival (Jenny Lind called Northampton, MA "paradise" after she sang here all those years ago) Oh and Memorial Day weekend, so lots of races and such and other plans. I am heading over to super granny's place in a few hours. We're driving to Buffalo today and will stop first to plant flowers at my grandfather's grave---a memorial day tradition. Then we'll hit the NYState Thruway singing the Erie Canal song all the way (okay, maybe not the whole way). Good luck to all the racers this weekend. Good Luck Tallrunner....try and rest as much as you can. A 2009 gathering would be great! Take care all, I'll "see" you Monday Karin/CNYrunner

Hill Runner

Morning all, 10.17 miles of hills @ 9:06 pace, wonderful morning, great run today but I had a hard time getting out of bed...glad I did. Great runs to everyone today!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning! I hope all the weekend racers have a great time! Be safe on the roads if you can even afford to drive this weekend Shocked Yesterday I had a sore inner thigh that hurt to walk. I streteched it a bunch and did some strengthening (just 20 leg curls, front, back, sides). Today it was all gone! ... so 6 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 57:12 (9:31 pace, AHR 145). the first 3 miles were rusty and the last 3 were silky. Have great runs! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Top 'O the World!

Morning Folks, 3 blustery park miles in the wind last night - didn't know we were having tornados! Shocked now catching up on the news.....back out shortly C
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          Enke, congrats on your fastest 10K run (and when you were planning to run slow). nono, sorry to hear about your aggravations. Twocat, congrats on your award. hopeful, good luck with your boss re: his son and son in law. Tall, I hope you bounce back quickly from whatever got you. Nice long runs for Teresa (longest yet), henrun, Roy (with twin of Teresa's), and Peter. Nice speedwork for mari and BC. This morning, it was in the mid 30s when I went out and nearly 50 when I finished. I got in 6 miles in about 58:30 for a 9:45 pace. Things didn't feel too bad. In a few minutes, we'll be heading out to meet our daughter and go cheer her on in her first marathon. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                            Good morning, all! Vista - hope you get that run in between games! Tall - glad to hear you are feeling better -take care of yourself! Mary - best of luck with the 5K - hope you get that age group win! TomS - hope your daughter enjoys her first marathon! Interesting that most of you indicated that the crib was your first memory. Mine also, but not a pleasant memory. I remember being awakened in the middle of the night. I was a bedwetter, and my Dad was standing over my crib threatening to hook up an electric cord to the bed so I would be shocked when I had an accident. They wondered why I began stuttering as a child...... A blessed rest day for me -actually got to sleep until 6:15. No workouts planned at all for today. Good luck to all the weekend racers. Everyone have a wonderful holiday!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

King of PhotoShop

"low bridge, everybody down..low bridge for we're comin' to a town...and you'll always know your neighbor, you'll always know your pal, if you're ever navigatin' on the Erie Canal." Enjoy your weekend Karin. Nice going twocat! No running today. Going to rest after a monster week in the PNW. I'm tired. My foot felt wonderful this whole week. Maybe a breakthrough coming. Spareribs
                              Mariposai

From my garden to you. Happy Memorial day weekend to my American friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard