Masters Running

www.rnrseattle.com - Saturday, June 27, 2009 (Read 345 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

just announced today with $47 registration today only should be lots of fun and we promise the reunion of reunions! www.rnrseattle.com

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

xor

new Seattle Rock N Roll Marathon: 6/27/09 The Seafair Marathon: 6/28/09 Huh. Do you suppose Seafair will fold? Do you think that we'll have a great double opportunity next year? Well, by "we'll", I actually mean "you'll". I'll be out of town that weekend. Sigh.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I usually don't plan this far in advance ...but I'd rather run this than Seafair... or both... better not tell Rod though...not yet at least! So... Jon,.. see you on the 17th ? Francesca
        TammyinGP

Shocked

Tammy

Shocked Shocked bye bye seafair.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

I'm in... and Tet guess what...! Peter is too... yep, for the full. Should be fun!
                maybe it's time for a trip to Seattle Smile
                Mariposai

I am in toooooo. Already registered. Soooooo happy that Erika and Peter will be there also.....this is going to rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait a minute! I just went back and re-read that posting.......Peter is in for the full marathon???/ Now it is time to open that reserve I have stacked away somewhere in the office (just kidding)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm in... and Tet guess what...! Peter is too... yep, for the full.
                    OMG erika, as much as I love peter for all his getting lost driving to the carbos, Alaska-style midnight hot-tubbing, and fantastic support on the courses with you, that is just absolutely terrible. I’ve been used to running weekend events for the heck of it for so long without worrying about being competitive or minding at all being a slow back-of-the-packer on as little, if any, training as possible but there is no way I’m going to let a someone who hasn’t run in the same 30 years I’ve been doing at least a marathon a year (and now 10-12) beat me in an inaugural marathon in my now hometown. I don’t know what I’m going to have to do to do it but I’m going to do it. Peter! - before I contact divechief for the kind of modified Pfitzie that kept me up to ilene in the Portland Marathon a couple of years ago (well, at least for the first mileBig grin), how about let’s run together and whoever is faster will stay with whomever is slower? I promise I’m much more organized that you saw with my somewhat late start at the bellymary and won’t ask to “borrow” any more of the goodies you carry for erika along the way. Secret message to divechief: pasa liamey bemt cat noce saelp ps for King Robert - even if we have to find the red-eye of all red-eyes, there's no way after your already doing 178 marathons/ultras we want you to miss the chance of doing Saturday/Sunday marathons in both of your Seattle/Kona home towns. The goddesses and the rest of us are already planning to honor your accomplishments. Mariposai - now it will be our turn to honor you too madam running butterfly. SloJim - 30 minutes off your chip time for every SoCal goddess you bring with you. <>dromy/ilene)>>> franci - see you on the 17th, . . . and on the 24th, and first, and next year's 27th, . . . plus a certain ultra up-and-down a couple of Mt. Rainier's foothill mountains on july 25! enke - it's useless to resist. tammy - perfect introduction to marafunning after serious training/doing #1 at Eugene.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Jon, I wrote the third check of the day ( so to speak ), and even broke the news to Rod, who said..."Good." Thank you for updating Ilene with all the races. I'll have to cancel the SJJ half though: since it is my one and only opportunity for a day off ,and consequently an overnight trip with the kids, I booked the family at the Lodge at Crystal Mountain.......so I'll drag them all for a long hike and check out the trails for the next White River 50M....I think I'm trading the Half for a good cause...!! Francesca
                      evanflein

Geez taper boy, relax and enjoy the day or you will suffer karoshi Dead It would be horrible to be talking about you karakatta. Cry Araska Boy Big grin

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you again ilene. I've never signed up for just a marathon a year in advance but this one's gunna be a big funfest. as one of the soon-to-be-many Seattloe RnR Funfest Boomer Reunion's co-chairs, I can certify for sure this time that it's okay to add evan's DH too. 6/27 evanflein - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA 6/27 Mr. Flein - Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon, Seattle WA
                          I'm in... and Tet guess what...! Peter is too... yep, for the full. Should be fun!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

how about you and yours too?

#artbydmcbride

I'll have to check. Smile

Runners run

srlopez, The RNR is actually replacing the Seafair Marathon.