Masters Running

MrMunch vs. Copperhead (Read 217 times)

munchkn883

Last night DH went out to put some new fuses in our air conditioner and when he rounded the corner of the house he stepped on something. Since he was near the waterhose he thought that might be what it was. Seems it was a copperhead snake and it bit him on the foot. We went to the Duke ER and he'll be there until probably later this afternoon or evening. He's had two rounds of anti-venom and may have two more. His foot is rather large and very painful...morphine is helping the pain. GD was spending the night with us and she usually goes with him everywhere. I am so thankful I had put her in the bathtub and she was not walking with him.
      ...munch//.........you and Steve have WAY too much excitement in your lives........ glad he's ok, unless this is just a Shameless Ploy to get out of yardwork hang in there pal.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

((((((Healing vibes to MrMunchkn))))))))
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my, how scary! I'll be thinking about you guys. I was always afraid of snake bites growing up in Texas, but we got lucky. Our neighbors killed a couple of rattlers one year, though, and there were water moccasins at a 5th grade picnic I went to. Another reason I like Maine - no poisonous anything.
          evanflein

Oh Munch, this is scary stuff! Glad you got him to the ER right away and your GD was in the bathtub! I'm with Teresa on this one... nothing poisonous here in Alaska either!!
            coastwalker

Yikes! Good move to get Mr. Munch to the ER right away. Staying in the hospital on drugs wouldn't be my first choice of ways to spend the weekend! Tom - I think I'd rather be doing yardwork... I'm glad he'll be OK and, like you, very glad that it was a good time for GD's bath. Maybe you want to get him a flashlight for his next birthday... Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Wow, munch, that's scary. I'm glad that he got treatment right away. I hope he'll be recovered quickly. TomS
                  We have had several rattlesnake sightings and a strike here on the bikepath so many of us use--it's been really scary, and the city's posted signs at various places. I agree, way too much drama--just glad he was aable to get good treatment fast. and yes, how lucky GD was not with him <shudder>. take care, A</shudder>
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  DickyG

Certainly hope husband is OK...glad he got prompt treatment. I know it doesn't tickle...I've been bitten before by one of things on the golf course..they are nasty. DickyG
                    SteveP

Snakes are not kewl. You guys have been through quite a bit. You should move up by us. It's usually too cold for air conditioners and snakes.

SteveP

#artbydmcbride

Yikes! ((MrMunch)) Its not still out there is it?

Runners run

munchkn883

We're home!! MrMunch ended up getting four bags of antivenom (I think that's what it's called). His foot is rather swollen and hurting...especially when he puts it down. He's on crutches as he can't put weight on the foot yet. No work for him tomorrow! He's suppose to be flying out to Montana this Saturday morning. The snake is still out there so we'll be very careful walking in the yard. My son-in-law will be coming over to cut the grass for us. I don't like snakes!
                          TammyinGP

That's pretty scary Munch! I'm so glad your granddaughter wasn't with him. I hope his foot heals up quickly and thankfully you were near a good ER to treat him.

Tammy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

What a sweet, brave SIL! Big grin I hope I get one of those... Glad your DH is OK! I was thinking about him earlier.
                                Glad to hear MrMunch is home!! I grew up in rural Arkansas near the Buffalo River. Some friends and I decided to raid a watermelon patch along the Buffalo and we were walking barefooted through the brush. I was second in line, and the girl behind me grabbed me just as I was about to step on a pygmy rattler. Talk about heart-stopping! I'll never forget that! I really don't like snakes.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous