Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING THREAD W/E JULY 27TH (Read 276 times)

Only a day late as usual... Dutchie42-15.4K + 39K bike eliz-8.5 miles + 3.6 walking + kayaking + sailing evanflein-52.1 miles + 4 walking fatozzig-9 miles + 1 hr.bike + 1 hr.core + yardwork lyndenrunner-62 miles nowor-3 miles +walking + yoga + enjoying life pfriese-8.25 miles + 91.5 Bike tetsujin-3.5 miles + lots of well needed tapering
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:04 Tue-8@8:12 Wed-4@8:15 Thur-7@8:13 Fri-3.7@8:35 Sat-8.5@7:48& 6.6@7:25 Sun-4@8:11 Total=46.6 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Mon - 1 hour strength/core/knee PT Tues -45 min on stationary bike Wed - Couldn't drag my rear outta bed day Thurs - 1.5 hours strength/core/knee Fri - 1 hour stationary bike, 1/2 hour core/stretching Sat - 1.5 hours at gym (learning the ropes); 3.64 mile run (35:58 min/9:53 av pace) Sun - Welcome to a new week, everyone! Big grin

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! Have fun at that Relay this weekend... sure wish I was doing it but I think I'll be doing the Phoenix Ragnar Relay again next February... I think everyone should try one of these at least once. This week will look sorta like last week, but Sunday's run will be easy vs. last Sunday's trail race. Monday: Plan is 3-4 recovery pace.....4.5 Easy pace, too many hills Tuesday: Plan is 5 EZ.......................6 miles Easy effort, nice run Wednesday: Plan is 9 ....................9.5 hillly miles, ran home from work, legs felt good! .6 mile walk Thursday: Plan is 5 with MP............6 mile tempo run, 8:01 avg pace Friday: Plan is 4 EZ/Recovery.........4.1 miles EZ pace Saturday: Plan is 9.........................10 on rolling hills, 8:15 avg pace; 2.5 miles walking Sunday: Plan is 19 EZ pace............17 at 8:23 avg pace, foot said that's enough. Total: Plan is 54-55.....................Actual is 57.1 (highest mileage week ever!!), a little over 3 miles walking.
          Dutchie42

Thanks Gordon. Last week did not go well. Lots of hard rain. And no dogs to force me out the door. Kids are back and so are the dogs. You think I'll do better? Mon.... 6.5K with Spooky in the rain. And a 30min chest w/o. Tue.... 10.175K with Spooky in the rain again, a 30min back w/o and 20min for legs. And I'm not even sore. Yet. And biked to work (=13K). Wed....4.7K intervals and bike to work (=13K). Thu.... thought of an unplanned rest day. Was tired and headachy this morning. But it was gorgeous outside. So changed my mind and went out for an 8.75K run. And a bike ride to work (=13K) Big grin Fri...... 4.5K recovery run with Spooky. Another gorgeous morning. Plus a LB strength w/o. And biked to work (=13K) Sat.... 6.5K with Spooky. Humid here. Were soooo not used to that. And a LB/UB strength w/o. Plus all the usual Sat stuff like groceries Big grin Sun... 15.5K very very slow. Hot and humid today. Should've gone out much earlier. It was a really tough run. Total: 56.7K this week.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Miserably hot and humid here, even on the island, and niece is coming with her two kiddos for a few days, so I'm not making a plan this week - just going to try to move and get the HR up without melting into the sand every day. Monday - kayaked 2-1/2 hours; about 1-1/2 at a fairly good pace; the rest slowly for maximum bird watching Tuesday - REST Wednesday - kayaking 2 hours Thursday - kayaking 2 hours Friday - beach with my niece's kids Saturday - kayaking 3 hours Sunday - drove home to PA Gee, maybe I better start running again, or y'all will send me off to some kayaking board?!?! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks lynden.
                Fri-3.9 . Sat-8.8 & 6.6
                isn't there a goddess story in there? I'm hoping for one two if the Oregon goddesses come through Seattle. Sunday (7/20) - 17 miles including Bare Feet 5K Fun Run (in thongs) Monday (7/21) - taper Tuesday (7/22) - taper Wednesday (7/23) - taper Thursday (7/24) - taper Friday (7/26) - taper Saturday (7/26) - 31.7 miles ==================== thanks leslie. I think I've got you beat now with DNF'ing in three of my five ultras so far this year. It was a great run though and my experiment to try this daunting two-mountain ultra this year on only flat ultra didn'tt work so I'll include do a couple of our Cougar Mountain Runs like I did last year before next year's edition.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Good luck tomorrow, Tet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big grin

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

nowor

Go Gordon. I know you'll have a fun time and run well. Mon-3.5 mi humid, slimy run Tue-gym Wed-3.5 just as humid run Thur-core/ball class AM; yoga PM Fri-4 mi, hot and humid Summary-11 mi + gym +yoga I'm dreaming of winter.
                    pfriese

No plan this week, just reporting in.
                      DayMilesComment
                      Monday5.1 miles running - done
                      Tuesday5 miles running - done
                      Wednesdayrest day - done
                      Thursday5 miles running - done 10.5 miles bicycling - doneam pm
                      Fridayrest day - done
                      Saturday8.1 miles running - done 14.5 miles bicycling - done
                      Sunday67.1 miles bicycling - done
                      Total23.2 miles running 91.9 miles bicycling DONE DONE
                      Paul