Masters Running

Sunday Trails (Read 481 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sneaking a look at the Vermont 100-mile Endurance Run with 14,000 feet of up and 14,000 feet of descent with very little flat in between, francesca made the 30-hour cut-off missed by almost 100 of the 300 starters, including her dear ultra-friend who talked her into it in the first place, . . . as if francesca needs any talking into anything with three digits in the distance.  Congratulations Francesca.  How's your sore knee? Enjoy it back there. Opposite of when it was Enki's inaugural event, it was being called Julyuary for this morning's Swedish SumerRun. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Forgot to mention that yesterday about 3 miles into my run, I saw my first bobcat.  He was trotting down the logging road like he had absolutely no worries in the world.  I followed him for probably 3-4 minutes before I started slowly jogging again, at which point he heard me and just trotted into the trees.

very cool

Love the Claire cross training.

Erica, the dancing cross training sounds exciting.

domestic duties cross training.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Ended with 2:22 something, first in AG, and 8th woman overall. That works. But man my legs are toast.

Sweet!

Are we going to have video of the dance competition?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

(((fawns and bobcats and trail runners everywhere)))  I ran 13 miles verrrrry slowly with a college friend here in Germany, on bike paths near the Neckar River.  It was a pretty hot day, and neither of us wanted to add speed toward the end, for fear of not being able to finish.  Whew!  Time for some Nutella.

BTW, attagirl, Erika!