Masters Running

and now SunnySunday........ (Read 43 times)

.did I mention I HATE this bicycle??

fell off it about 30-days ago, and bruised my heel on the Other Leg.....

today,

I had A Plan,

dropped the SeatLockThing......swung gazelle-like over the frame and set the lock (now located BEHIND me)

to about where I THOUGHT it should go

basically

Standing Straight Up and Down it occured to me this is EXACTLY how I fell off the DamnThing a month ago

deftly

dropped the SeatLockThing (as you may recall, located BEHIND me)

re-locked it

and

about 30-pedals later it unlocked itself and I am now going down the road SIDEWAYS on  the seat.

a truck

driving up behind me gave me A LOT OF ROOM when he passed

(I had that DerrangedLook at this point)

reset

it yet again after I arrived at the school parking lot

(like I'm gonna ride this ON THE STREET)

returned home

later without incident

I can see why the neighbors avoid me.

==========

ShorterVersion-

.20min bike ride

.......................good running guys..................avoid people with DerrangedLooks.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

about 30-pedals later it unlocked itself and I am now going down the road SIDEWAYS on  the seat.

Where is my IPhone camera when I need it?  Just kidding Tom - glad you didn't get hurt.

Glorious morning here. Sunny, no wind and a nice temp of 37° when I took off at 6:00 AM.  Capris, no gloves and just a light jacket. Eight and a half miles at 9:54 pace. If the yard is dry enough I may spend the afternoon cross training with a rake. Sad end to the Badger game last night. Was hoping for a buzzer beater but it wasn't their year.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Tramps

Glad to see TW's having a typically interesting day. ;o)

Well, I ran 4 miles today.  That's the best I've done in several weeks.  I've had a nagging foot injury that I eventually feared might be a stress fracture.  I finally went for an x-ray and was cleared to start running again after a couple weeks totally off.  So...2 miles on Wednesday and Thursday (no pain), 3 miles Friday (no pain), 4 miles yesterday and today (no pain).  So far, so good!

My post-injury diagnosis is either the unfamiliar stress of rocky trail runs (I was doing more of those just before this started) or the impact of wildly inconsistent running (I have to learn that any previous fitness has long ago disappeared and think like a near-newbie: slow and easy.  Can't just head out for an easy 12 without a base).

On the upside, it's made me appreciate running all over again!

Miss you guys.  Hope you're well.

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

tw.... phew!     ok, your turn      (btw, I could use some tips on being a deft gazelle..)

nice run Jeanne Smile

yay Tramps.  hope it continues this way!   Tuesday my ortho doc said that it takes 4 weeks to regain what we lose in 1.   grr.     Patience, patience!

wondering about Holly.

Mariposai

DG, you are so funny!

Tramps, glad to see you are starting up again. Sorry about the injury. As runners, sooner or later we all face and injury. How is TriBee doing?

I am thinking of Holly, I wonder how she is doing on her marathon.

Erika, what a long trip  you had yesterday. Enjoy your run in shorts.

No running here yet, but I did a lot of cheering this morning. The not  so Easy Pacer told me that we are running 8 miles this afternoon. He is getting ready for the Ave of the Giants 10k . .

Enjoy your spring Sunday!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

coastwalker

Howdy, everyone!

TW, I enjoyed the long version so much more than the short. I'm glad you are OK. Thanks for the warning about the DL folks...

Nice weather, nice run, Jlynne. Have fun cross-training - I need to do some a lot of that too!

Congrats on starting your way back, Tramps. Injuries are a pain as much for the process of regaining conditioning after them, as for dealing with the discomfort and inactivity they cause. My swimming coach from years ago said it takes two days to catch up for each day of training missed. But be patient (as dg. said), and it'll come.

Nice bubble-boy photo dg!

Enjoy your run with EP this afternoon, Mariposai!

12.4 RW miles at 4:15 this morning. I started in pitch-dark and finished after sunrise. It's always fun watching the transition from night to day. It was 35F and very windy, so I dressed a little heavier than I would have liked, but it was a good choice. Like a lot of other folks, I have lots of chores this weekend. I have two newspapers that I'd like to spend some time with, but they are both sitting on the counter, unopened. Maybe I'll have a little time after dinner tonight. So it goes.

I hope everyone, especially our racers, is having a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Glad to see TW's having a typically exasper, . . . I mean interesting day. ;o)

Get that new hip and you can join the triathlon gang.

geez, erika, it only takes nine hours to fly to Japan. .

At least they speak English where you are.

nice wake-up walk again jay

have the police ever stopped you

I think you said they did once but it wasn't about you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

{{{{ tramps }}}..........sorry you're hurting, but check in,,,,hell, if they let ME keep posting, You're a shoe-in

hiya jlynne and tet and jay and mari//............and a Special Howdy to ''Bubbles''...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TW, looks like I need to come down there and give you some tips on setting up and riding a bike. Whew!

Finally felt like my running legs are coming back for the season this morning at the club run. Our own Perchcreek (having already run 1000 miles so far this year!) is tapering for a marathon next weekend and since his taper pace is about my current stretch pace (9:30) we stayed together for the 6 miles around the lake. It was a rare day with sun and absolutely no wind and the temperature rising from 28 when we started to 36 when we finished (and 44 when I left the park an hour later).

Also had three encounters with birds attempting suicide: slowed down for a goose crossing the road on the way to the park; then swerving to avoid a HUGH turkey by the side of the road at the park entrance; and finally stopping in a line of cars to let a Mr. and Mrs. Duck slowly waddle across a main road in town. What's with all that?

Have a good week everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

Speaking of ducks, the "fuss" they make over the Peabody Ducks here is pretty silly. The lobby was packed at 10:45 when I got back from my run. They make a grand entrance at 11 a.m., and then waddle over to the fountain where they spend the day. Waddle back to the elevator for their trip back to their penthouse coop (or whatever it is up there by the roof) at 5 p.m. Every. Day.

Good to see you, Tramps! And yes, re-entry is always a bear, but glad to have you on the road back.

Easy does it there, tw. Most people get their bike all set up before they get on it. But then again, the deft gazelle thing might be easier with the seat lower, right?

Hi Dg! Nice bubble wrap. My kids would've loved a bubble wrap party...

I too wonder how Holly is doing?

Jlynne, well, the Badgers took out the Wildcats earlier, so no love lost that they're not continuing. Sorry... DH is avid AZ fan, once they lost the whole series lost a lot of interest for him.  Glad you got out for a nice run today, with no gloves!

I got out a little later than planned but it was all fine. Had an open schedule this morning and was tired (Tet, it's not only the flights but the downtime at airports that kills me....). It was bright and sunny but kind of breezy this morning, so I started out with my jacket but about half way thru I had to (Ribs, don't look...) take it off and tie it (yup) around my waist for the rest of the run. But how nice: shorts, short-sleeved shirt and no gloves or hat! Wow, felt so light and free! Smile  Ok, so I had wanted to go run along the river, something called "Mud Park" or some were calling it "Riverside Park" and the concierge got me started in the right (really?) direction. Took a few turns here and there, ran through SW TN Community College, over a freeway (or two, lost count), and down a few roads that looked less traveled. The sidewalks here are in horrible shape. I sure wouldn't want to run here in the dark! The plan was 10 miles for the day, but by 8 miles I had just found the park I was looking for! So, an out-and-back along the river, then back to the hotel. 13.2 miles total, and 44 and change for the week.

Kinda nice, weather was good (could've done without the wind though), sun was bright (oops, forgot my sunscreen), trees and flowers blooming. I took pictures, stopped at "high spots" to look around, and generally played tourist. Hey, when you're just out for a run and no training goals other than vague mileage targets, it makes running so much fun. But overall, I don't find Memphis (at least where I am) to be a very runner-friendly town. At least I know where to go next time.

NHLA

5 miles 59 min Rufus Morgan Trail & long rock   Long Rock

What are you doing in Memphis, Erika? I know what you mean about non-runner-friendly cities -- some places are just not geared to travel on foot of any kind!

I just tried looking for Holly's results, but no luck. Anyone find a results page?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

NHLA

Rufus Morgan trail

Mike E

MM #5615

I saw Holly with a medal around her neck on Facebook.

Brody and Addison had to leave right after lunch, but we had a great time with everyone. I took the kids to the pool with their mamma yesterday.  It is a challenge to keep Brody away from the tv, iPad and computer. I, and his parents, would rather he play with real toys.  We read lots of books.

I got a kick out of the bubble wrap picture and Tomwhite's bike adventure. Nice race for Ribs yesterday. Tramps, you are making a sensible comeback after laying low for a while.  Erika, I am going to Memphis in two weeks, the musical, that is!

Well, spring has arrived in SW MN, yippee, skippee! I was getting worried about my long run of 7 miles today, but it went OK, not easy peasy like you all can run, but I was out there for 1:41:39 running oh, so slow.  55 degrees and no wind to speak of. Training has gone from zero miles to 7 miles in just a month so I can't complain. I have lost 10 pounds and MrStarr 20 in 4 weeks (notice him in the photo in the background).  I am so glad his diabetes is getting under control without me nagging. Hopefully when we switch to the next phase better eating habits will stick.

The half marathon in Deadwood, Sd is just 8 weeks away. Luckily it is mostly downhill! I think I will be ready.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich