Masters Running

TGIF 12/18 - one more week 'til Christmas runs & such..... (Read 422 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

3 miles on the ole' treadmill this morning - 10:38 pace.   Didn't have it in me to go any further after tone zone class last night.  I did keep a water bottle at hand though and drank the whole thing while chugging away.    Hopefully that will keep the headaches away today. 

My puppy families liked the Christmas picture I sent to them yesterday.   I wanted antlers like Tag has, but couldn't find any. 

TGIF - my baby girl will be home from college today - yeah!!   Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning Mary.  Glad your DD will be home soon!

6 easy miles that felt like I've never run before - 9:22 pace.  It's scary how fast the conditioning goes when you've only run once in the past 6 days.  I have a 5K tomorrow (late afternoon), but I don't think there's any chance I can do anything more than maybe run tempo pace or something.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!

Mary - I really liked your photo - I don't think it's a do over!  Glad to hear your daughter will be home for the holidays - have fun!

dg - I waited in the whirlpool this morning, and now I'm starving.  When's breakfast???

Sorry folks, no Jesse treadmill pictures to post this morning.  I searched for them last night but must have deleted.  She'll be happy to jump on the treadmill this evening to pose for additional pictures.........

My premature sympathies to anyone living in the path of the snowstorm headed up the east coast.   I saw on the news this morning that Connecticut is almost the unhappiest state in the union - only the New Yorkers are more unhappy than the Connecticutters.  The Louisianans are the happiest followed closely by the Hawaiians. 

14 degrees and windy here this morning - the forecasters said no wind today, but they lied.  6 slow miles on the treadmill @ 10:30 and 149 AHR.  Another long one planned for the TM tomorrow.  Oh goody!

Good weekend and good runs to all! 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

Day off today.

Tons of errands to run, finish Christmas shopping, a small run to squeeze in........Probably should do a little house cleaning and earn some overdue Spousal Approval Units.....that bank account is close to being overdrawn

Enjoy your outings !

Henrun

mary - always good to have family come home or over - that's sunday's activity for us

4 brrr miles in 9 deg - henrun's waiting until it warms.  only sighted one other runner - very unusual for boston

marj

Good morning good people. Only 7 days until...

Mary - have fun with your DD. Is she driving home or do you have to pick her up?

Great to have Bill back at it again, though I think you're being too hard on yourself. You're probably just not feeling 100% yet and that's why your run was a little tougher than usual. Take care so you don't relapse!

Sue - keep looking for those pics (or better yet, take new ones, maybe of Jessee in a Christmas hat running on the treadmill?

Slo - it's good you're depositing in the sposal unit account! I'm sure your DW appreciates you sharing the load.

Rest day here as well. 2 sets of wine glasses to get painted before Monday, Christmas shopping and cookie/candy baking to finish up, ring the bell for the Salvation Army this afternoon and a neighborhood party tonight.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Spousal Approval Units.....

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

Probably should do a little house cleaning and earn some overdue Spousal Approval Units.....that bank account is close to being overdrawn

Jlynne and Leslie – my patience at the doctor’s office was only because I had some running mags that CNYrunner had brought me to keep me occupied.  I so rarely get a chance to sit down and read these days, I was enjoying that break.

{{{Breger}}}  Take it easy on yourself, my friend.  Being sick takes it out of you for a bit, but it will come back after a few days of running again.  Training for Boston doesn’t even begin until NEXT week.  

TomS - good luck to your DW today at her surgery. 

2.3 easy-paced miles on the TM, followed by core and upper body workout (dumbbell presses, flies, lying hammer curls, dumbbell curls, superman lifts, glute raises, lateral raises, butterflies, push-ups, chin-ups and stability ball crunches).

Glute raises - ever try these?  Lay, face-down, balancing on hips, over a chair (grabbing the legs) or sofa and raise your legs straight out behind you until parallel with the floor or higher, hold, then lower.  These things are excellent for your upper glutes and lower back.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Byll.. during your race warmup do a couple 200m fast strides.  If they feel powerful, then go for it in the 5K.  You might be surprised how your rested legs feel.

2 miles with Tory and Sadie at 10:55 pace and then 5 miles at 9:13 pace followed by strength work.

I am taking a USATF Level 1 Coaching School at UNC starting this evening through Sunday afternoon! and... we have a Winter Storm Warning starting this afternoon... yikes!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

lamerunner

Good morning:

More miles than degrees, for the first time this season. Thermometer said 0 at the house, 4 at Pappy's on Elm Street, and there was still some wind, though lighter than yesterday. Very clear though and once my feet thawed, very tolerable.  One neifghbor stuck his head out the car window and told me I was "not well".  .. hey it's winter in NH , some cold is to be expected.  It is early in the season for 0 though.

I hear rumors about snow but no official forecast. I think it may be scheduled to fall south of us. We shall see.  It supposed to be sunny and more seasonable this weekend with snow early in the week.

Have to work a ski race all  day tomorrow so I hope it is moderate and not snowing, though snow would be better than rain or ice. We always wonde what the USSA ( based in Utah) thinks of the soggy  ski race documents coming out of New England after a rainy ski day.  Tomorrow is an FIS race so there will be some very good racers and we shall have to enforce all the regs.

I need a continuance on Christmas...

lamerunner

P.S. Perch, enjoy the school. I keep meaning to do that.
                        Mariposai

Enjoy the school Perch. Great to see you running with Tory again.

SteveP...great description of your run last night..."the stars closed enough to touch" just very cool.

Slo, you are so funny.

That was a great picture of Mary, her DH and the dogs yesterday.

5am, balming 33F and icy road. I ran 1:30 minutes at a 12' pace...how is that for slow base building miles.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

It was six degrees this morning, so I took it to the gym.  Heard an awful Christmas tune and a great Christmas tune while spinning.  Mr. Grinch and Dominic the Donkey.  You decide which is which.

I can't wait to get outside and run tomorrow - before the snow.

I'll try to break the curve on the unhappy Nutmeggers statistic.  The PBJsters got some good news yesterday - PBJster #2 will be the Queen of her school's medieval fair.  Huzzah!

Marathon Maniac #957

The PBJsters got some good news yesterday - PBJster #2 will be the Queen of her school's medieval fair.  Huzzah!

Very kewl!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

yay PBJster#2!

Nancy those were some mighty fine base building miles! 

Jlynne, what a great picture Smile

Sue, you must be all pruney by now!!   Big grin.   I'm sorry, I lost track of time.   am allll ready now.  

oh boy, finally Jesse pictures.  have only been begging for what, a year now?

((('Carolyn)))..... please be careful!

Bill, I agree.  You are solid & fast.  You just had a rough week.  and stoopid rain.

gotta get back to work so will just post my run ... went to the gym, even though it was IRC at 30F!!!... had to get an earlier start today than I"m comfortable with on the river path.   Today was clockwise day.    2 miles on the track, 2.5 on the TM  (a   loooooong way to go to learn to like that thing)   then another 1.5 on the track.    I did some intervals on the TM, & ran the last mile or so a little quickly (for me).  Foot pod is still out of commission, so I counted laps.   miles, best as I could tell, were 10:29, 9:58, 10:36, 10:06, 9:17, 9:28.   AHR 165, max 182.