Masters Running

MARCH Challenge Update!! (Read 57 times)

jeffdonahue

Let's use this thread to track progress for everyone

I started with 15 today.

TammyinGP

I started with a practice burpee.

Then I did a real burpee.

You set the bar high and I set it low. Now we are balanced. Big grin

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm with you, Tammy.  I did 5 burpees the day before yesterday, and then 5 yesterday, but with a jump at the end, and I swear my legs were sore this morning.  Boy I am a big fat cow these days.

Anyway, I started with one today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

jeffdonahue

So when i was at the gym today, I did a quick run and then went into the stretching area to do the burpees.  I got through my 15 and was pretty wiped out, and this kind of older guy says "Wow, jumpsquatpushups, I havent seen those in a long time.  We used to have to do those in the army.  But what a great workout."  then he walked away before i could correct him and tell him that they were called Burpees now.

wildchild

Carolyn

I started with 8 today.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

I kind of like jumpsquatpushups...sounds tougher, somehow....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hoodoo Guru

I haven't looked at the master's forum in a long time, but checked it yesterday and saw this challenge.  I'm in. Did my 15 last night.  Or at least I think it was 15. It got hard to count at the end with all the heavy breathing.  Plus, my form was terrible. I assume that will improve with time.

The tangents are moot.

Mike E

MM #5615

dallas--you said exactly what I wanted to say, last night, but all I could get out was..."15".  It was really hard to keep count, for some reason...maybe because of all the different steps.  I'm actually hoping that I did more than 15 because, if that was only 15, it's going to be a long month!  Which leaves me with 2 questions...why did we have to do this challenge in a month with 31 days in it...and...who the heck let jeffdonhue be in charge?  Wait...did I already ask that question?  Okay, since I'm thinking about them, I think I'll go and get them over with.

Mike E

MM #5615

Marathon Maniac #957

Only 2 for me.

Someone's got to bring down the average....

TammyinGP

i did 2 last night (hi holly!). and I felt my form was awful also, so like Dallas, I'm hoping that improves. Haven't done my 3 yet today, but I will.

i'm a pushup weenie - there is no way I could more than 4-5 regular pushups. i can't even imagine the damage I'll do to my face if i do a standard pushup once we get beyond 3/5. are girlie pushups okay?

Tammy

Hoodoo Guru

I think "girl" pushups are definitely OK, and for some, skipping the pushup may be the only way to keep increasing the numbers.  My sets the last two days were felt in my legs this morning as I did my track workout.

The tangents are moot.

Marathon Maniac #957

3 for me today.

I think form is important, and am kind of doing my slow, because I'm afraid if I do them without thought, I might pull something. (I'm always a little nervous about injury during marathon training season.)

Mike E

MM #5615

These burpees are a pain in the butt!  Seriously--my glutes are pretty sore.  I did 17--then went and did a speed workout--dang butt hurt the whole time!