Masters Running

MARCH Challenge Update!! (Read 57 times)

TammyinGP

These burpees are a pain in the butt!  Seriously--my glutes are pretty sore.  I did 17--then went and did a speed workout--dang butt hurt the whole time!

and this is why I decided to ease into this. Although it may only be a handful of burpees now, I know that soon enough I'll be cursing at jeff like a sailor and why spend my entire month of March doing that? I'll save that for just the last couple wks. Big grin

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah, I got sucked right into that one, didn't I? ”If you want a challenge like me,” he said, ” start out with 15.” Dang that dastardly jeffdonahue! Dang him!
      jeffdonahue

If it makes anyone feel better, these are sucking for me too - having problems keeping count too so I think I may have done an extra one or two because I tended to go back to the last number I could remember counting.  and my form is pretty good for about 6-7 of them, then it diminishes and I start to realize that my legs aren't quite kicking back at the same time.

I have been doing my runs before my burpees though, just becuase I am afraid something will hurt if I did them before.

Havent posted, but did 16 on Saturday and 17 yesterday.

Anyone else find themselves not breathing during them.  I was doing them last night and realized after the second one that i was holding my breath.

Mike E

MM #5615

I have found that by counting the pushup, I am able to keep track of the count better.  I also slowed way down from the first time I did them.  As far as breathing...I don't think I hold my breath during them...I'll have to pay attention, tonight.  I do know that, when I'm done, I feel like I just ran a 100 meter dash!

jeffdonahue

Did 19 today at lunch.  Tried a new way to count.  I tried increasing the pushups with each count, doing up to 5 pushups on the 5th one, then starting again at one.  This worked until the 14th one when I couldnt get 4 pushups done and I went back to one per burpee/jumpsquatpushup.

Marathon Maniac #957

You guys are amazing!  I did 4 today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Huh...huh...huh...I...huh...huh...huh...just...huh...huh...did...huh...huh...18...huh...huh...and...huh...huh...I...huh...did...huh...the...extra...pushups...

whew--I'm finally catching my breath.  But, yeah...I couldn't let Jeff do more than me (although, I don't know why he did 19)...so I added 1 pushup up to 5 then started over again...I did manage to go all the way...but it was tough.  Okay--time to do the easy stuff...run.

jeffdonahue

I did nineteen because I can count but apparently I cant add.  For some reason I looked at my watch, saw that it was March 4th and added 4 to 15 for the total I needed to do yesterday.

So I guess the question is now, do I get to do 19 again today or do I have to add one to it and do 20 today and live with my screwup.

TammyinGP

I knew it! it's not just me. the monthly challenges are not only physical challenges but they cause mathematical challenges as well.

whew! I feel better now.

I did 4 last night after my run.

See, there's another reason it's good to just start at one. I really don't think I can screw up the math on this challenge!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

See, there's another reason it's good to just start at one. I really don't think I can screw up the math on this challenge!

Wait 'till we get into the double digits.

Hoodoo Guru

My form has gotten better.  I count out loud during my jump, which helps me.  My 13 year old daughter did 9 with me, then laughed watching me finish.  She is a dancer, and her studio does a good job of working their core and upper body, so she can do a few pushups.

The tangents are moot.

Marathon Maniac #957

I did 5 today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

19 with the added pushups

jeffdonahue

19 with the added pushups

Ditto - and I actually made all the pushups this time.

Mike E

MM #5615

20...with the added push-ups...this month is getting longer by the day...