Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 6.20.18 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I woke up late (4:35) this morning, but still squeezed in a relatively quick (11:30 pace) 4.3 RW miles in 54° temps.

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

We could train together, Jay- except I'm running at not much faster than that these days!  Smile

3.2 miles this morning.  Humidity is brutal.  Butt not too bad.  I think this last round of dry needling helped a lot.    2 miles on the treadmill after work to recover from the day.  Took it easy.  5.2 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning, all.

Tet--a pleasure to be mentioned, but this trip was only graduation.  wedding is a bit down the road.  Although DD and DW did spend some bonding time at a couple of bridal salons yesterday.  no one has showed me pictures yet, but i understand that there is a good possibility of my retirement being delayed just a BIT further. 

Me, I got to get off the redeye yesterday morning, repack, and drive to CT to help support the crisis that came up while i was on vacation.  Joy, joy.  Turns out that a problem with one piece of equipment masked a problem with the piece of equipment that controlled it.  Now spending fun times trying to get THAT piece functional.  it's outside my meager skill set, so we're a bit captive to the factory for assistance.  And they seem to be having a bit of a problem in grasping our priority.

oh yeah, none of this includes any time for running.  Somehow i need to get home by 11pm this evening to pick up DW at the airport.

Enjoy the day and if it involves running or doing something you like, so much the better.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Hidey Ho Folks.

Headed over to the park this morning but the entrance was blocked off. Police were tracking a shooter. Checked the news when I got home to see that a 29 year old fired 5 shots into a home near here.

But before I checked the news, I headed out for 4 miles along the local roads. I usually stay off the roads on weekdays because it isn't very safe. But school is out, and it is WV Day, so traffic was light. First 2 miles felt great then the humidity started hitting me.  Lots of walking in mile 4.  (On this date in 1863, WV became a state. State and local government people have the day off. The rest of us carry on.)

I took a quick dip in the condo pool after the run. My first time in the water this season.

pfriese

A nice morning rain shower delayed my morning run today. It was nice & cool for the first 45 minutes then the sun came out & it instantly became muggy. Still a great day to run... 12 miles total of puddle splashing fun for the run.

Paul

30+ min of core/ST this a.m.  Nothing else too exciting to report.  I am, however, getting ansy about buttin' outta town for a few days.  I love volunteering at Western States.  Friday can't get here soon enough!

Okay.  Back to it.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Someone needs to write a television comedy/adventure series starring these two.  The possibilities are endless.

I'd watch. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Someone needs to write a television comedy/adventure series starring these two.  The possibilities are endless.

I'd watch. 

+++1!! 

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

living in a van with them for a weekend was certainly comedic adventure for sure!  

hottest day of the week right here. mid 90's. I think I'll go slog through some trails after work. 

booked our Hawaii trip in December. got a pretty airfare deal too using my free companion fare ticket and some miles for a discounted ticket. averages out to only about $350 pp RT. 

and then bought some concert tickets and booked an AirB&B for DH and I the weekend after we bring David to college to head down to Sonoma, CA. It'll be shortly before our 19th wedding anniversary too - so sort of a weekend getaway for that, but probably more like trying to find something fun to do since it'll be our first weekend w/o david around and we'll both have a tough time with that one. 

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, hope you have a great trip to Hawaii!  Yeah, the empty nest thing was pretty hard for me, too.   At least David will be in the same state.

Leslie, isn't it supposed to be super hot at Western States?  Have fun volunteering!

My legs felt recovered enough to go for an easy 5.5 mile run in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  "Easy" is kind of relative, since there was a 1200 ft elevation gain/loss, but it's gorgeous out there and I took it slow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet--a pleasure to be mentioned, but this trip was only graduation.  wedding is a bit down the road.  Although DD and DW did spend some bonding time at a couple of bridal salons yesterday.  no one has showed me pictures yet, but i understand that there is a good possibility of my retirement being delayed just a BIT further. 

Huh, you mean my second jay attempt still wasn't perfect either?

Hope third time will be the charm but. since I'm blowing

a planned triathletic spinning/TM/and fitness center swim

tonight for a library book club, I'll have to try

to find something else to comment on.

I'd watch. 

:

Whew, I think tramps saved the day.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

That is an awesome picture.

Have fun at Western States, Fatozzig. I think it's always hot there for that. I ran that "She Rocks the Trails" 50k back in 2013 (I think) that starts and ends in Auburn, CA, and part of it is on the Western States trail. Some very steep parts...

Empty nest? We love it! When DS2 joined the Marines he never really came back, except for visits. And now he owns his own home. DS1 moved in with his GF several years ago and then they moved into our apartment (and for awhile, with DS2) so they were renting from us but lived separately. We required a knock and an invite before entering (although they'd go in when we weren't home and grab furniture and stuff from their respective former bedrooms, and sometimes raid the fridge). Now he and his now DW (one year anniversary tomorrow!) also bought their own home. DH and I took to the empty nest thing pretty well, but it did help having the kids close by. Sort of weaned me off of them, in a way.

6.6 miles today in what is probably our hottest day so far this year, although apparently we officially hit 80° yesterday (but I didn't see that). We'll be upper 70's and maybe 80 today. We should be having several of these days, and some in the 80's, by now but this summer has sucked so far with cold temps, windy conditions and way more rain than usual. My garden is so far behind it's not funny. Oh well, it is what it is, right? Today's run was a bit of a struggle because I'm not acclimated to the warm sunny conditions, but I got it done.

There's a heat warning for the Auburn area this weekend.  Saturday it's supposed to be over 100, which means it's going to be frigging hot in the canyons, which come before the river crossing.  The canyons can be the "make or break" factor of the race.  Makes me glad I'm working at the river! 

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

:

I agree with Tramps!

Have fun in Hawaii, Tamster. I have never been there.

Wildchild, you are just amazing. I hope to have your wild heart once I retire.

As for me, today was day one of "swimming lesson" for my butterfly wings. No, I am not going tri. But during my injury in the last 6 months I figured out I missed so many exercise opportunities because I am not a strong swimmer. I am making an amendment to that this summer since I am not cleared to run a lot of miles yet.

cheers to all.

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Morning, all.

Retire now and explain to DW why she needs to get a 2nd and 3rd job.

SteveP