Masters Running

Sunday - NYC Marathon Day! (Read 395 times)

It looks like a great day for the marathon in NYC.  Cool, cloudy and the rain stopped!  The runners should do great.  I am tracking CNYrunner and maraposai on what can only be described as the coolest on line runner tracking system I have ever seen at the official web page!  Kudos to the folks at the New York Road Runners for putting it together.  I would track our other runners if I knew enough to pull up their information!  Any help out there!

As to local running my DW headed out for 7 today I resumed strength training after taking time off after my last try at a treatment.

Good luck to all our racers today!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

thanks Twocat!

I'm tracking them too Smile.   Don't know enough information for anyone else either. 

best to DW for her 7, & you for strength & healing.

I wonder if we can track Perch?  I haven't had a chance to look yet.

10.08 miles for me today, 10:06 pace.  harder than I think it should've been, but at least I did it.  Just had to. 

Still want to catch up, even from Saturday.  maybe later!

Go Racers! 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks twocat.

We used to have a NYC sister marathon in Washington commemorating the 9/11 running but it seems any use of the name requires a big license fee so we'll let Mariposai do the honors for real this time.

However, how many hours do they fall back back there for standard time as not too many results seem to have been posted yet even at nearly 10am EST.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps

Very cool, Twocat.  Thanks for alerting me to this.  As I write this, CNY's in my old neighborhood near Fort Greene Park...and flying! 

Torrential rain this morning and I just wasn't up for getting drenched again.  I'll do a shorty later and will get up early to do my LR tomorrow.

Go racers! 

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning good people. I hope everyone enjoyed their extra hour of sleep this morning. It's light again at 6:00 AM! Out early to get a run in before my house full of weekend guests woke up.

Twocat - continued best wishes with your healing process. How was the strength training today? Your DW sounds like she's doing well.

Nice run for you this morning, Deb. Was this the first 10 miler since your marathon?

Tramps, hope your weather clears. We've had that torrential rain here for a week. It's been miserable.

Encountered some weird things while I was out: chased out into the street by two ankle-biting dogs. Scared the sh$# out of me as I didn't notice them until I was right in front of the house. Ran by an apartment building with 2 guys sitting on the grass drinking beer (this was around 7:00 AM, temps 36°) Not sure if they were continuing on from last night's Halloween partying or getting an early start on the Packer tailgating today. As I ran by Lambeau Field, I was stopped by a Minnesota Viking fan looking for a place to park. He was in full Viking purple, wearing a purple #4 jersey.   

The K-Mart parking lot across from Lambeau was already full of motor homes and tailgaters at 7:30 and the game doesn't start until 3:15.

Anyway, thought I had a 10-miler, but when I came home and mapped it on the computer, it was only 9.74, 9:35 pace. The first nice day of weather we've had in several days. Sunny, no wind, 36°. Hope it stays this way for the game this afternoon.

No Will news yet this morning. He's having an echo test done tomorrow, which will determine how quickly he'll get sprung from the hospital.

Good luck to all our NYC and other racers today!

dg.

Tet, just an hour fall, but they didn't start until close to 10, depending on the corral.

thanks Jeanne.  Yep, first one since the marathon.  Nice one for you too.   I'm glad you didn't trip over the ankle biters!   I was so so happy to see your Baby Will update. 

oh yay, Nancy just updated.   She is running strong & steady.   Perfect pacing!

Checked Perch's race website, they started at 7, so too late to track.  Hope it went well.

Tramps, cool to know karin was flying (& she sure is!!)  hrough your old neighborhood!    Hope those rains stop.  We have had just about enough too. 

this is so much fun. 

Wow!  CNYrunner just pulled off a 7:40 mile at mile 16!  I have to run to get stuff for lunch.  Wish I had way to keep tracking while I am gone!<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

they are doing great!!!

me too, Twocat.  have to go out.  may have to figure out how to use my cellphone.  ;-)

Exciting day with all of our racers running. Looking forward to the results and the RRs.

Twocat,

I for one will have a party on the day you actually get to start running again. You have really hung in there and have much more patience than Iwould thats for sure. Continued healing and hopefully it will pay off in the near future.

I decided today to try and pick it up a little as I try and get my regular training pace back. My usual slow pace is around 9 mms so I thought I would try 4 miles at that pace and see how it felt. I finished in 34:00 so 8:30 pace instead so I am encouraged by this. I start a more structured training plan starting next week and am excited to get to some more serious running again.

It's a great day to run,

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Head Procrastinator

Glued to the marathon here on News 4 NY

CNYrunner is in 3:26:30

Did not find a way to track Perchcreek but he is done and said it was like Amica (wet?)

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

CNYRunner - Way to go, girl!  And a big "Woo Hoo" to the rest of our runners.

JLynne - Had to smile at your description of the tailgaters.  Sounds like The Hub and his friends when they go down to the Bay Area.

Twocat - What?  No muffiins this morning?!?  Slacker.

Did my own HM this a.m.  Had 13 on the schedule, so went ahead and extended it by .10.  I haven't downloaded my run from my Garmin yet, but the second half definitely went better than the first.  I forced myself to concentrate on my form and arm movement and, by golly, I ran better!  (Actually had Ribs' straight as a rod form in my mind.)  They were all road miles so not much climbing which, after yesterday's fiasco, was nice.

Hope Halloween went well for everyone.  We had one trick or treater.  Had I known he'd be the only one, I would've dumped half the bowl in his sack.  Not sure why none of the neighborhood kids were out, but it was pretty drizzly, and this area has a lot of community parties where the kids can go and play games, etc., and the parents know they're safe.

Have a great Sunday ~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jlynne, it sounds like the news on Will continues to be about improvement.  That's great.  tet, nice job on your marathon plus distance and Franc sighting.  hallar, good going on being able to pick up the pace this morning as you continue your recovery.

Nice long runs for nono, buehrle, fatozzig, dive, wild, dg, and jlynne (and quite a memorable run it was).

This morning, it was in the mid 30s and almost calm.  I got in 6 miles in about 57:30 for a 9:34 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

Good for CNY and Steve.  Karin is very tough and that's a heck of a time.  Wish I knew how Nancy is doing.

Ran the Dallas Running Club Half Marathon this morning, signing up at the last minute.  This is my first race at this distance since you know what.  IRC and a hilly but very fair course.  I targeted 8:45's as a pace since I had no idea what I ought to run.  Turns out I ran 1:54:18, or 8:44's, very steady the whole way.  Pleased with it.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Good afternoon!

Jlynne – good news about little Will!  Sorry about you and the ankle-biters.  They scare the dickens out of me, too.

Dg – don’t worry, your sproink will return.  I've noticed that 3 weeks is normal for me for my LR energy to hold out again after a marathon.

Yay for the NYC runners!

Spareribs - very nice!

14 miles for me today, the first 12 surprisingly sproinky at (9:28 ave), before my energy ran out rather suddenly.  Luckily I was almost home.  The last 2 were with the dogs, much slower, with many stops at mailboxes and fire hydrants. 

My glues and hams are pretty sore today, so I guess that Gold Medal Glutes workout yesterday must have been pretty good, although the Explosive Upper Body workout had several shoulder moves from a lunge position and some leaping upward stuff that might have been the culprit.  I won’t try that jumping and leaping stuff when I’m marathon training, for fear of coming down wrong, but I can be more adventurous at the moment. 

Here's a shot of DD in her hippie costume last night.  She said to me, "Will people know what I'm dressed as?" 

DH and I went out and bought some Halloween decorations for next year at 75% off, and some jersey sheets to try for the cold weather.  Now I'm off to do more tax homework before making Twocat's Grilled Jerk Chicken for dinner.

Happy Sunday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Nice, Spareribs. Always nice to have your results a little better than your plan.

Cool photo of DD, Holly. Who's boots was she wearing? Awfully cute hippie you have there.

CNY is a speedster. How many times has she done this race? I know it's quite a few. I see Mariposai came in at 4:11:54. I can just imagine the "kid in the candy store" approach she probably took to this race. My friend Roger (aka Wilson on KR) fell off the tracker after the 18 mile update, I sure hope he's ok.

I think I've lost my  mojo. Can't seem to get motivated to layer up and get out for a run. Sure is a pretty day out there, clear, sunny, bright snow and 14 degrees out there now. It was so windy yesterday it was easy to head to the pool for 30 minutes of pool running. Today I'd like to get out for some miles, but not sure what will happen. I'm feeling very unmotivated...