Masters Running

It's the Friday Daily! 3.24.17 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday’s tumultuous workouts:
    RunnerKSA (6 pretty, not-too-hot, Ft. Myers mile with old people and dogs)
    Holly (5 morning TM miles before today’s slow fasting)
    Trump (10 rising sun, cool trail miles with great views & music)
    Dave (3 sleepless, brain-tired miles in bright sunshine)
    Eke (5 EMPLOYED miles up Cougar Mtn with Remi and a complaintless knee)
    Tet (5 more rain-free miles)
    Tomwhite (40 min, PoolRun with stuff, and hitting golf balls with OFB)
    BerthaSlayer (4 X 1 miles on the flats around Bertha)
    Henrun (4.3 optimistic miles)
    C-R (8.75 miles with a new GPS Soleus - pushed a few buttons&hellipWink
    Mike (7 EZ, “no big deal” miles)
    Mariposai (10 pondering miles)
    Tammy (7 EZ, post-work miles)
    Evanflein (5.3, sometimes foot twingey, miles)

Good strategy for dealing with the cough, Dave.

Flying through JFK to Boston, Stumpy? Plenty could go wrong, but I hope nothing did.

HOORAY FOR ENKE! A new job and a good run are certainly worth a beer or two!

Congrats on your streak of dry miles, Tet. I hope I didn’t just jinx it.

Love the title, Towwhite - can’t wait to hear the lyrics.

Keep up the good work, Henry.

Travel well, C-R!

I hope you are ‘over’ tomorrow, Twocat.

Good questions about Tom & his brother, Mike.

You’re a great boss, Mariposai.

EZ is EZ, Tammy.

Evanflein, ‘hard’ feeling shoes could mean that the midsole is compressing and not doing what it should be doing anymore.

I got up a little early this morning, went for a tempo RW 10K in 25° under some stars and a thin slice 'o moon that was rising as I was finishing. I did a mini fast this morning, and am on my way to have blood drawn and tested, and then to BWB (breakfast with the boss) at our favorite dive before I head to the office.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Trump (10 rising sun, cool trail miles with great views & music)

Et tu, Jay?  Calling me names...after I got you national day of appreciation?    No cake for you next year!

Good day for Mariposai yesterday and an even better one for Enke.  Woo hoo!

And Henry's looking good these days, too.

Nice to have some good news.

EZ 6 this morning, waiting for a promised warm-up today.

I'm heading out for a long weekend to be TriBee's head cheerleader and backup sherpa for her first tri of the season.  She's been rebuilding her bike this week but won't really get a chance to test it out in advance of the race. What could possibly go wrong?

Have a good weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

Et tu, Jay?  Calling me names...after I got you national day of appreciation?    No cake for you next year!

Great news on the job Enke.  If you like the job I hope it leads to full-time work.

Nothing for me today so I'll just share some tapeworm humor and be on my way:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2910/33493664641_eeeae5302a_z.jpg

Hooray for Enke and her new job!

My first post since Sunday and no hope of keeping up with everyone. We've been busy with our final selections for our "limited" remodeling of our kitchen countertops and makeover of the downstairs "powder room" half bath. After it all, I'm wondering if in her own mind my DW actually thinks that I have any say in the final decisions. My studies in "Husband 101" has taught me to be good at figuring out which choice she really wants and then to say "how about that one" so we get instant agreement. It sounds better than "whatever you want, dear." 

Weather really yo-yoing here as is typical for March and April: warm enough for me to take a ride on the bike on Tuesday afternoon, then back to low 20s and windchill in the teens for a 4-mile run on Wednesday. Yesterday a workout at the gym, and today it will be back into the 60s for a bike ride this afternoon.

Tomorrow is my first 5K of the season. Wish me luck since I'm still not back in my pre-vacation condition...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Actually had my transfer gates within 100 yards last night.  that NEVER happens.  So a relatively painless trip.

Of course, getting home just before 10 and then up at 5:30 this morning, led to a "who's stupid idea was this?" run today.  But it's done and turned out to be not QUITE as bad as I felt at the start.

That sounds almost as bad as racing in a brand new pair o' shoes.

Happy weekend to come.  DW and I are planning on going up to Maine for Maple Weekend.  A lot of the sugarhouses have open houses with all sorts of maple stuff to try and buy.  Haven't heard yet whether it's a good year yet or not.  Weird weather that's been about probalby leans towards the not.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I am pretty happy!

Since I don't start for a week, I booked a trip home next week to see my Dad, who is in a nursing home now (91).  I haven't seen him in 2.5 years.

I interviewed in person for 10 jobs before getting an offer.  I couldn't believe how bad my luck was.  Many times I was told I had been their second choice!  It was heartbreaking each time I thought I was going to get an offer, and then didn't.  The good news is at least I was getting interviews.

Jay - I believe C-R did 8.75 km, not miles - in 44 something minutes, else he would be extremely fast!

Henrun - that sounds like a great run on the new knee!  As they say, speed is over rated.

It's raining here, but I might do something easy later.  I am excited my knee was good yesterday.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

Can we flip the title, and have Daily Friday?      Oh, I guess that's not a good idea, we'd never get to the weekends.

Hi.   :   D

I have a  local friend who is running her first marathon Sunday, and I remembered the thread Mary started before my first.  I actually found it,(2009) & shared the link with her, because it was so wonderful.      You are all so great, I had to pop in and say hi, & maybe I'll manage to stick around this time.  I'm trying to resist going back & catching up, that's always the hardest part.

Wow, even a TrAmps sighting... which may not be unusual, I wouldn't know.   Yay Tribee!  If anyone can handle a bike break down it'd be her.

A new job for Enke?   boy am I ever behind.   What will you be doing?   I know... I could go back & look....

Hi Doug.   You are very wise.    (almost contacted you about a vms issue a couple of weeks ago!)    Good luck!  Which 5K?

uh oh.    back to work...     Am running,  not lots but not giving up.    Yesterday just 4 because I overslept, which I almost never do!  But I got to run with someone just back from the Antarctica marathon!

Hi Doug.   You are very wise.    (almost contacted you about a vms issue a couple of weeks ago!)    Good luck!  Which 5K?

Welcome back, Debbie! I started posting here again a few months ago -- lots easier in winter when I have fewer distractions. Once the good weather arrives I really get obsessed with having to be out in it whenever possible, even if it's just sitting in a chair on the porch reading and having a coffee.

The race is the annual "Bill Roney 5K" in Utica, sponsored by the Hansons Running Shops. They have day-of entry if you're interested. Just get on M-59 eastbound and take it until you cross Van Dyke -- it will be starting right on the northeast corner at 10AM! I'd also like to do an event in AA again if there's any local interest down there.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

I interviewed in person for 10 jobs before getting an offer.

Mike - you listening to this?  Don't give up!

Tramps and Dave -

C-R going to Europe - very cool!

Is Carolyn back from Italy yet?

Dg - don't try to keep up, or to shout out to everyone (it's okay) - just great to see you!

Annual physical, fasting bloodwork, banana, then 5 miles on the TM.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Congratulations, Enke. Job hunting sucks!

4.2 flat Florida miles with my husband. We rarely run together, so that was different!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

Happy Fri-Yay All!

100% chance of lots of rain all day long, so I guess I'm glad I can't do a run today, even if I wanted. But I did do 7 miles last night. It was also in the rain, but not heavy rain like we have today.

all day at work, then time to do a public presentation this evening for the non-profit I'm involved with. So, it'll be a late night for me.

David is on spring break next week and normally I take some time off, but he'll still be busy with school most of next week, and we have nothing but rain in the forecast all next week too, so I'll probably save my bajillon days of vacation time  for nicer weather. He leaves for Portland the following week for State FBLA Competition, so he and his group (2 partners) will continue working on their Business Plan project all week.

Have a good day friends!

Tammy

catwhoorg

Labrat

Yesterday had errands at lunchtime, planning on running after work, but got a call from day care and had got go collect my daughter. She was having ear ache.

It miraculously cleared up by the time we got home though, so she got to experience the no computer/other devices when sick policy.

If you have to come/stay home from school your electronic entertainment is limited to lying on the couch and watching TV or a movie.

Still meant no running for me.

Today ran 6.5 mile at lunchtime, and am planning on running after work to get caught up.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

spacityrunner

2.1 windy pre storm miles around the neighborhood.  I kept it easy peasy but dang I don't like all those hills!  

Trails Rock!

Happy Friday friends!! MRI yesterday was interesting -- arthrogram first and that felt weird. See the ortho on Monday for results.

Today - Body pump class -- intense!! 2 pain free miles on the treadmill followed by my PT exercises and some core work.

Justin is back in the hospital - this time voluntary admission to McLeans for alcohol abuse and psych med adjustment. This kid has so much potential it breaks my heart. I am hopeful they can set him up with some better supports following this stay.

Enke - congrats on the new job!! Hope you have a good visit with your Dad!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congrats on your streak of dry miles, Tet. I hope I didn’t just jinx it.

Nice try again jay but, since it's going to happen

anyway, I won't give you any credit for this morning's

five miles in a light drizzle.  Actually, it wasn't so bad,

especially in light of this afternoon’s predicted

hail and a rare thunderstorm.

Took advantage of yesterday’s sayonara sun to get back

in time to watch the champions of the historic West

fall to the champions of the real West.

With the Oregon Ducks attired all the way down

to shoes and socks in full maize yellow usually associated

with the historics, it looked more like the Wolverines

were winning instead of losing in the last seconds.

oh well, Go Green Ducks, . . . I think.

Did Mariposai come to Seattle for sushi yet?

Where is Woodland for her upcoming marathon?

ps - good luck to trump's DW on her rebuilt bike.

Hope she takes plenty of repair tools.

note: make sure any tools, water bottles,

power bars, etc. are secure and won't

fall out to incur penalties, e.g. bend

in the water bottle holders

to be tighter, etc.

pps - how did you decide on tramps?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)