Masters Running

Saddidey, 3.11.17 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

It's 7F outside, and the wind is blowing pretty good, so I'm glad to be heading out in a little while for a racewalking training session on an indoor track. The track isn't all that well heated, but it'll be a lot warmer than 7, and there shouldn't be too much wind (except from the fast folks blowing by me). Then I have to make a quick stop at Trader Joe's and then get to Rye Harbor by noon to pick up 5 lbs of scallops, fresh from the boat. I'll try to check back in with you all a little later, or it'll be tomorrow morning if I don't get a round toit today.

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead! (I hate this - we early morning folks will be back in darkness for another 2 months before we finally start to see a little daylight in our workouts. I complain about this every year, but no one ever does anything about it. Harrumph.)

Have a greta Saddidey!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay//.............looks like we're stuck in Knocksville,

the weather radar

has a big GLOB of snow in Golden Eagle Country,

and it's heading our way

.were supposed to head to Sevierville today but they're scheduled for 3-INCHES

so

I think we'll spend the day sledding

...............hunker down guys and watch your footing

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

tomwhite - We're blowing through Knoxville in an hour or so. Are we going to have trouble?

Snowing hard (and sideways) in middle Tennessee.  I couldn't face it outside- it's been a long week.  5.4 on the treadmill while I watched Grey's Anatomy.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It's a 20 with a feel like of 7F out there. Brrr.

Ran 8.5 miles. Waiting for hubby to finish his up. He's running 15 and will be coming back cursing.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Catch up day in the office today. I'll wait until it's REALLY cold tomorrow before I head out.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I joined the rest of the north east crew in the tundra this morning. Totally freezing! Normally when it is below 20 out I go for the TM. But the thought of doing 16 miles on a TM was too much to bear. Instead I ran to the beach to meet up with the local Joggers Club. Ran a bit over 7 miles with them and then ran back home.

coastwalker what are you doing with 5 pounds of scallops? That is a lot of scallops!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Sorry for the cold you guys are having (sort of). We've got clear sunny skies and above zero, with highs forecast for the upper teens today. Absolutely a beautiful day out there!

And, as nice as it looks for an outdoor run, I'm not going to. Heading to the pool at noon for a pool run, then a real run tomorrow. Foot feels fine this morning after yesterday's little test run, and I want to keep it that way!

catwhoorg

Labrat

Mile warm-up

10K in 44:06 and winning my AG.

*boom*

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

It's 7F outside,

I read this as 75 . . . not, once, not twice, but three times.  I was very confused . . . . 

I'm at work today trying to figure out the rat's nest that is called "Application Fees" for our MMRSA clients.  *sigh*  It's going to be a long day.

Thanks for the opinions re my SIL.  Social media has made us forget how important actually personal contact is.

Okay - Off for a brain overload with numbers . . .

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

And, as nice as it looks for an outdoor run, I'm not going to. Heading to the pool at noon for a pool run, then a real run tomorrow. Foot feels fine this morning after yesterday's little test run, and I want to keep it that way!

+1   I swam laps and pool ran for an hour yesterday. Today was another hour on the elliptical and 25 minutes of weights and core. Unfortunately, unlike Erika, my foot is not feeling better. I bumped my heel against the side of the pool yesterday and I almost started crying because it hurt so bad. I'm thinking this might not be plantar fasciitis (she said, watching the pace bunny disappear in her rear view mirror....)  I was trying to not get medical intervention because of my $7,000 deductible, but DH says it's time.

From Holly's pictures on FB, it looks like she's having a blast!

DH and my grandson Ben share the same birthday - March 16. DH will be 72  and Ben will be 6. We decided to celebrate tomorrow, and Ben requested chocolate cake. That's what I'll be doing this afternoon. Oh. And cleaning. Lots of cleaning.

We watched "Jackie" last night. I was hoping it would've been better than that. Anyone else see it and have an opinion?

Still no running - worked 3p-3a yesterday so I could go to the ortho appointment.....very weird shift to work!!

X-ray shows no apparent fracture or arthritis  thank goodness ..... next step MRI/arthrogram to look for possible labral tear.

No workout at all today but had a wonderful late breakfast catching up with a good friend - way better than a run on this bitter day!!

denise

mrrun

we joined the no run northeast crew.  visited Henry's DS and GD in Kittery ME for a lovely visit.  Normally we walk on the beach or in the woods but passed on that today.  came home with birthday fleurs   marj

C-R

Social media has made us forget how important actually personal contact is.

Can I get an Amen from the congregation. That's one thing I really enjoy with our running club. Post run talks at the coffee shop or bar or whatever. Need to make sure kiddos get off the tech more often.

BTW - so sorry Leslie. Thoughts are with you.

12 miles on trails today. Longest in more than 14 months. Beat me up but felt great to get over this hurdle. It was sunny and 30 here with windchills in the teens but no snow. Good luck to those south and east battling this one.

7 Jay. Good call on indoor track. 5lbs? That's a heaping amount of seafood. You cooking for all of us in here?

Nice AG win cat and excellent time too.

Good to hear no crack or break Deez. Hope you find a solution soon.

Well, I have a leaky faucet to change this afternoon. Home ownership is all glamour.

Cheers and stay warm.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

C-R, good luck with the leaky faucet. You are a handy man Smile. Nice to see you running up to 14 miles again. It will get easier.

Jlynne, sorry to hear about your foot.

RunnerKSA, nice TM running. I hope you can run outside tomorrow

Flat? where are you?

Bertha Slayer, nice 8 miles. How did your DH do on his 15?

twocat, way to endure 16 miles in the tundra.

Erika, glad you hear that your test run went well.

Labrat, great job on your 1st. place in AG!!!!

Leslie, you are so right about social media. Hugs dear sistahh.

Denise, great news about the no fracture. Hang in there my sweet friend.

It sure is great to see Holly having such a fun time.

My butterfly wings wanted to run long, like 20 miles long, but my cold said...nope. I did run 4 miles with the easy pacer at an slow pace for me.

Carpe Diem, my friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard