Masters Running

Sunday, 11.29.15 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I hope you had an easy shift yesterday, Deeze; especially after the 16 hours you worked the day before. Good for you for still getting a run done.

Tet, you continue to be amazing! It doesn't sound exactly like "IRC" that you've got there with the cold & fog. I hope you are nice to your feet today and give them a bit of a break from the cold.

Holly, it seems that the family lunch with your dad was the perfect Thanksgiving topper. I hope things continue to improve between you and him. Nice 13-miler too, despite the rain (what would Twocat say...).

Great job of taking advantage of the mild weather, Evanflein. Sounds like you've been doing some challenging but worthwhile hiking, and getting in some good wildlife-sighting runs.

A run is a run, Econo, and when the weather/temperature is challenging, a run can even be more than a run.

Congrats on your Turkey Trot AG hardware, Jlynne! Sounds like a lot of folks for a rainy race. I hope you did well at the craft shows. We went to a craft show yesterday - didn't buy anything, but did engage some interesting artists and took some business cards, so we may revisit them sometime in the future. We did support two other local small businesses, and were happy to do our part.

I took this morning off, just because I could, and stayed in and read for a while. DW's DS and BIL and one daughter will be leaving around midday (so they say), so we'll have to get them breakfasted whenever they decide to get up, and then we'll just stay out of the way, but be ready to help when they start packing up. This is our niece's family, and she'll be staying behind and staying with us for another few weeks until just before Christmas. She starts college in mid-January, so she may stay home until then.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning Jay and all to follow!

I took Debbie to the airport last Friday to go visit her sister in California for a week so, you would think, I would have more time to goof around on here.  Nope!  I have so much to get done before she gets back, it's ridiculous.  You know...it's not even stuff that she told me I had to have done...it's stuff that, if it's not done, she'll let me know that she's not happy that I didn't get it done.  Does that make any sense?  Then there's Eric to deal with, too.  But, at least, I'm running.

Speaking of running...I did 10 miles on Friday and 10 miles, yesterday, and I'll go out after church for another 6, I think.  I still don't have a marathon picked out but I'm kind of focusing my training on being done for a Jan 9th marathon which would be Mississippi Blues...we'll see.

But...speaking of church...I'd better get going.  See ya!

I have been pretty busy on a number of fronts. Translation, I have not posted much in the daily the last few days. I am just going to give up at that. I managed 18 miles today with 5 at wished for MP. Now DW is working on her mom's estate. I am working on well work. Later it is off to get groceries. We are, thankfully, nearly out of leftovers! I am pretty sure that after several meals involving turkey tonight will involve a steak!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

Yesterday's daily was so lovely; enjoyed reading each entry, and Jlynne And then Jay brought everything together.

Foodies, we had some downhome New England steamed crab (2 kinds, admittedly, one FL variety), some clams.....in Cocoa Beach, right by Cape Canaveral.  In the car now, DH is driving w/ Simon in his travel cage, taking on the backseat driving duties.  "I'm fine!" he just told us.  So 26.2 for me about 8:37 pace, I think.

Looking forward to catfish tonight.  DH was having a withdrawal attack from Nashville BBQ so we got him some before we left at a home BBQ place in Ft. Myers.  Serious stuff: cash only, ribs only, take out, no website, sign or adverts-all word of mouth.  (I had my Tgiving eggplant).

What have you been eating there in Hawaii, E?

Hope Seattle runners have fun, whatever the weather.

o Mike, I want to do that one; my TFA school was 30 miles south of Jackson and that's where we went to eat out, shop, etc , since Hazlehurst had Wal Mart, a good ribs joint and many churches.

Grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Tet, nice 27 at Wishbone.  Holly, it's neat that you had a good get together with your brother and another one with your dad.  jlynne, congrats on the 2nd in AG.  Nice long runs for Holly, Mike, and Twocat.

Yesterday morning, before we got to work on  my daughter and son in law's kitchen project, I went out for 3 miles at an 11:35 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

...mornin' guys....

back from knoxville, got a couple of 40-min HH walks in

===========

Mainly though,

I found a length of rope and Claire the CowGirl and I spent 4-days lassoing the cat

if any of you

have never seen it,

here is Will Rogers in action, with some AMAZING Roping Tricks

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=will+rogers

(meh, not working)

arrow down to '' WILL ROGERS THE ROPIN' FOOL''

..........good running guys........Flood Watch today, but maybe a work-out tomorrow

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

So 26.2 for me about 8:37 pace, I think.

She tried to sneak that in...and she had another age group win.

Marathon Maniac #957

Mainly though,

I found a length of rope and Claire the CowGirl and I spent 4-days lassoing the cat

Jlynne - 3000 runners and only 5 in your AG?  Well done, btw!

Amy - you are amazing!

Erika - sounds amazing.  Pictures?

A little crazy-ness when I realized today that my paycheck did not direct-deposit on Friday (I got a text from a coworker).  Apparently our office manager put it in a day late.  However, since my mortgage check may hit the bank in the morning, DS kindly lent me $1000 for a day from his savings account just to make sure it doesn't bounce.  Really nice to have Bank-of-Zak in the house. 

Just 6 recovery paced miles for me this morning in a windy 38 degrees.

Back to work tomorrow...how quickly the weekend has flown by....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

So it looks like most everyone survived Thanksgiving, families, etc.?

Holly - I was very happy to see that you and your family got together with your Dad.  Time and love will heal.

Tet - I agree with what the guy said about gloves, wool cap, but no shoes.  You are one tough hombre.

Erika - It's going to be hard going home to the cold. Brrrr!

No run on Thursday, but I did work with The Hub for a couple of hours and just about froze my freaking hands off.  We had to cut back some grape vines that were wet, and doing that in 32 degrees, even with gloves on, makes for very cold fingers.

Friday and yesterday were my first back-to-back runs in a long time - egads!  Yesterday I'm running and I'm thinking, "Why the heck do my legs feel so tired??"  It took me awhile before I remembered, "Oh yeah, I ran yesterday!"  (Duh)  We've had a quiet four days off.  Worked for a couple of hours on Thurs at one of The Hub's jobs, Friday spent about 5 hours cleaning out the computer room/myoffice/the room where everything we don't know what to do with gets thrown.  I got rid of  a LOT of just crap.  Yesterday was a lazy day after running, and this afternoon we will go work another job once the grass has had time to dry.  . . . . Then it's back to work tomorrow.  Oh well . . . .

Enjoy what's left of the weekend ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Amy, we've been cooking here. Hit Costco the first day and have been working through the supplies ever since. We did go out for Thanksgiving, and had a couple of lunches out but other than that... Oh, fruit and veggies from the farmers' markets too (they're all over during the week).

Holly, my camera is pretty full so I'm not taking pictures much. Also, I'm traveling light and not taking my phone on runs or many outings. Trying to be unplugged!

Jlynne, that's too funny. Nope, no deer in pickups here. I did see a whale this morning though! That was so cool!! Ran 8.3 this morning in sunshine and showers, a typical Po'ipu morning! Yes Leslie, it'll be hard to go back to cold and snow, but I do miss my kitties! Not looking forward to getting off the plane at 7, doing a quick turnaround at home and be at the office for an afternoon meeting. It'll be a short day at work, I suspect. We leave again on Friday for a weekend in San Francisco before settling at home for the rest of the year (I think).

moebo

Jay, you have so many house guests--you must be a very welcoming host!

Erika, very cool to see a whale!

Leslie, your weekend sounds busier than most people's work weeks.

Twocat, I am amazed that you were already able to do 18 miles so soon after getting over your injury.

And Aamos, you amaze me at least once a week! Congratulations on another successful marathon.

Tomwhite, I'd love to see a video of your and Claire's rope tricks!

Mike,  I hope you manage to get everything done before Debbie gets back...

Tselbs, it's great that you can help out on that kitchen project.

I got in about 9 miles running and another mile or so walking (I crossed paths with BF who was out walking while I was running, so we stayed together for a bit). It was 28 degrees and really windy, which was tough on the way out but great on the way back.

Now I have to get my head back into work mode. Good night!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Seattle Marathon - 26.2 miles - sunny/chilly. 
                          With sun never breaking through through the frost fog even all day long, temps only rose from 30-degrees at the 7:15 a.m. walker start to 37-degrees by my 1:23 p.m. finish.  That’s about 2X what amy did in her last appearance up here some ten years ago,  . . and still does.
                          Fortunately, kept warm and comfy for the duration not only with gloves and warm wool hat this time but also with split toe wool socks for my marathon monk straw sandals.  Better yet, at about 6:08, the duration turned out to be the least duration for 26.2 miles in the last three years,  more than ten minutes faster than Portland’s 6:21 last month which, at the time, was the best for that while.   yippeeeeee!
                          ps holly - compared to six hours-42 minutes of cold feet during Friday’s  27-mile Wishbone Run plus one-and-a-half hours of tingling toes trying to get ‘em warmed up afterwards, I kind of like this shoes/socks idea, after all, especially in the winter. 
                          pps la T - do you have any ditties for cold weather running?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein somebody is cooking this soon after Thanksgiving!  Well, I suppose not everyone is drowning in leftovers.

moebo not so soon actually. First it was 6 weeks off of running. Then a pile of more weeks to get back to where I am now.

coastwalker no meetings today? You are slipping. Maybe just call a family meeting to help soak up some time? 

tetsujin209 sandals? sandals? In 30° temperatures!  Can I suggest a few places that sell these new fangled things called sneakers? They come with closed toe areas. Socks plus feet can fit inside just fine. Really!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Aamos, you speedy lady.  You are a speedy runner.

I am still posting from a cell phone, so not much shout outs.

The weather has been awful here, cold and windy. After working over 12 hours on my agency's budget yesterday I decided that I needed time for me. 15 miles with 6 miles at MP pace with sparks on sunshine here and there throughout the run. After the run we joined a lady to clear up the entrance to Omak.  What an inspiring day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard