Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

House (Read 237 times)

The Thunder

I need your email address. Check your myspace.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

S&M Collector

Just senti it to you.
      Come across any cool medals lately?

S&M Collector

This seems like a good place to put this. I was going to put it in the Tupelo thread in the swamp, but thought it might be too anti-climactic for the masses........ I just had a bad dream. It was in regards to the Tupelo Marathon. From what I recall, I was running in the marathon, presumably w/Trent and JK, through an urban area....probably a half mile into the course. This is off base to begin with, since Tupelo starts outside of town and is ran in very rural areas. For some reason, I'm obliged to stop to go inside what appears to be a college classroom building that looked like a student union to give a presentation in front of a room full of people. I'm not sure why I have to give a speech, what class it was for, or what it was about. I don't even know why I dreamt that. I haven't taken a college course in over six years in real life. I'm also not sure why my mom is in the room. She lives in North Dakota.....1700 miles from Mississippi. Confused Anyway, I give the presentation and scurry my way out the room and struggle to find the right exit to the huge ass building. On the way out, I wonder if can even find the course and get started in the right direction again. I look down and realize that I am wearing flip flops for some reason. So, I have to go back upstairs to the room I was in. But, I couldn't find the room. The custodian said they had to move to a different room for some reason but he didn't know which one. I look down and my watch says 6 a.m. The marathon started an hour ago. A 3:30 is going to be tough at this juncture. So, I finally find the room, run to the podium in front of the room to grab my shoes from underneath, and scurry out the door. As I'm exiting, I notice that there is a little display, filled with PowerGels and Vanilla Bean Gu. I find it strange, yet but I don't have time to ponder this coincidence. Wait a minute! Free gels? I turn around and go grab a couple for the road, because who knows if the aid stations will have them. Big grin I quickly find a bench outside the building and put my shoes on. I realize that the shoes are mis-matched. They are both mine, but the left foot is one of my low mileage new ASICS 2130's. My right one is one of my older almost retired ASICS 2120's. Fuck! I go back into the building. No classroom and no students to be found. The building is dark. The custodian is using a wide push broom (on a carpeted floor) to push a huge pile of shoes, gloves, stocking hats, and throw-away shirts towards a maid cart. The pile looks like somethng you'd see at an early on aid station when runners remove layers. Not sure why they'd remove shoes though! I tell him I'm missing a shoe and by this point I'm almost in tears. He tells me to have a look. So, I'm frantically trying to navigate through this bundle of sweaty and wet pile. I couldn't find my 2130. And, then.....well, I wake up. MTA: I'm not sure what the meaning is behind all of this, but it makes me want to run a lot today!

Oh Mighty Wing

Don't overdue it too much Mr. Although that dream is pretty crazy! Maybe you are just nervous cause you want to do really well. But don't overdue it because you are gonna do GREAT!!!
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He teacher, I think the word you are looking for is this: overdo Wink

Oh Mighty Wing

haha sorry I'm definately in school mode aren't I?!

S&M Collector

Yes. Overdo would be the word! I probably shouldn't overdo. But, damn, I want to run today, or bike, or climb a skyscraper, but really shouldn't and don't need to. Tomorrow will be tough enough.

Oh Mighty Wing

Yes. Overdo would be the word! I probably shouldn't overdo. But, damn, I want to run today, or bike, or climb a skyscraper, but really shouldn't and don't need to. Tomorrow will be tough enough.
                  I bet you do! It's hard to sit still when antsy! Well maybe do a little something now - enough to get the jitters out but not enough to wear you out. Then you have the next 20 hours to rest.

S&M Collector

I bet you do! It's hard to sit still when antsy! Well maybe do a little something now - enough to get the jitters out but not enough to wear you out. Then you have the next 20 hours to rest.
                    Well, tomorrow is just a long ass training race. Wink Tupelo is in eight days. Good advice, though. Thanks!

Oh Mighty Wing

Well, tomorrow is just a long ass training race. Wink Tupelo is in eight days. Good advice, though. Thanks!
                      well I will be impressed with your self restraint then!!! I know i'd probably need to go for a bike ride or something. Big grin No wearing yourself out for Tupelo because it's not JUST Tupelo...
                        OMG sounds like the weird ass dreams I had last year before, though at least you had flip flops and shoe's later even if mismatched. I think I was barefoot every single time STILL haven't figured out WTF running inside has to do with anything

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

House, I interpret your dream to mean it's time to get some racing shoes. Running a marathon in your daily training shoes is holding you back. Maybe you should follow more closely what your mentor MJ is doing and getcha some of those slick haywards he wore at Hatfield/McCoy. Tongue

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

S&M Collector

Thanks, Pred. Unfortunately it's going to take more than racing shoes to get where I want to be! Wink You're right. Those are some pretty damn cool shoes. See you at the training run tomorrow?

Lazy idiot

haha sorry I'm definately in school mode aren't I?!
                              Yes, you definitely are.

Tick tock