Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

My first Olympic Distance tri... (Read 254 times)

Um...well it wasn't really a tri because they canceled the swim because the water was crazy (like 40 mph winds made it look like the freakin ocean) the first few waves of swimmers were being pulled out of the water left and right, and the lifeguards on the kayaks got tipped over, so they decided not to send the rest of us in to our deaths. So now I can't decide if I want to find another Olympic distance to do since I didn't actually do one (it would probably be far away) or if I should just wait until next year, do Olympic distances all summer...and then a 1/2 iron at the end of next season. Anyway...I won my division. Andrew thought I was gonna get on here and complain about my race. I'm actually happy about it. I ran well, and I think I biked well despite the constant headwind and almost getting blown off the bridge on my bike... I'm really really happy with the run actually...7:08 pace for 6 miles. I could have ran Franklin Classic faster last week. I told you.

Sorry to hear about the swim, but CONGRATS on the win!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

S&M Collector

Congratulations! That is awesome, for your first year of "tri-ing." So, what is the deal with the swim? Why did the eliminate it?
        Come across any cool medals lately?
          So, what is the deal with the swim? Why did the eliminate it?
          GETM

Sorry to hear about the swim, but CONGRATS on the win!
            Thanks Smile

The Greatest of All Time

Awesome!!!!! Way to go Candice. Proud of ya. My Monkey partner kicks ass!!!!!
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Why is it sideways?

Nice, Candice! Looks like it was a good thing I decided to skip it...

Oh Mighty Wing

GREAT JOB!!!!!
                    Wow--great run! Was the wind at your back? (Just kidding.) Congratulations on winning your division too!

Lazy idiot

Congrats, Candice! sorry about the swim, but way to go!

Tick tock

Congratulations Candice! Sorry the swim was cancelled, but sounds like it was a good thing. 7:08 for 6 miles AFTER a 23 mile bike ride is awesome!
                          Congratulations Candice! Sorry the swim was cancelled, but sounds like it was a good thing. 7:08 for 6 miles AFTER a 23 mile bike ride is awesome!
                          *cough* 27 mile bike ride

*cough* 27 mile bike ride
                            My bad...the team magic website said 37k...see I was rounding it up to 23. Well let's just say after almost 100 miles on the bike in the heat and humidity, into a hurricane headwind...ya done good. Big grin
                              I'm really really happy with the run actually...7:08 pace for 6 miles. I could have ran Franklin Classic faster last week. I told you.
                              Congrats! Would have been cool to see how you did with the swim too. Awesome pace for your run!!!

Michelle

Congrats! Would have been cool to see how you did with the swim too. Awesome pace for your run!!!
                                I know! Right? I'm bummed about that.