Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FAIL. (Read 291 times)

Evil plan = FAIL. My body has failed me. The calf thing is more serious than I thought. I made it 1/4 a mile this morning, and the pain literally stopped me going up a hill. It for real just, STOPPED me. So embarrassing. There was actually a witness, which I didn't realize until after i'd screamed the F word. Damnitt. Maybe if I just stay off of it today I can still do the 20 miler tomorrow. I'll let you know, Jeff. Failure. Fucking failure. Damn. Also - missed the bike class...probably a good thing for my calves.

A Saucy Wench

take it easy candice and heal fast.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Angry Sad Cry

Candice - I'm sorry about your calf and of course I'm not an expert, but you have to be in good shape to have ran such a fast recent HM. It seems like the big thing for you to focus on is getting to the start line of the Monkey fresh and uninjured. Every time I run in PWP, my calves are sore for a couple of days, so with your problems, you may do best to just rest until the calves get better. I'm sure Jeff will have better advice for you, but hopefully you'll heal up soon.
            Doesn't matter what I did in my HM two weeks ago. That was two weeks ago. Doesn't matter what I did yesterday or the day before, it only matters what I do today....and what i'm doing today is sitting here in my running clothes (that I tried to run in 3 hours ago) feeling sorry for myself. I can't handle taking a forced day off. Days off by choice are much easier mentally. Oh, and PWP doesn't hurt my calves at all. Just sayin Wink

Doesn't matter what I did in my HM two weeks ago. That was two weeks ago. Doesn't matter what I did yesterday or the day before, it only matters what I do today....and what i'm doing today is sitting here in my running clothes (that I tried to run in 3 hours ago) feeling sorry for myself. I can't handle taking a forced day off. Days off by choice are much easier mentally. Oh, and PWP doesn't hurt my calves at all. Just sayin Wink
              It sucks not to be able to do what you love. I can relate to that. I have no answers, but hope you heal up soon. You have youth on your side, so hopefully healing will be quick.

The Thunder

At this pace I may run more miles than you this week. Just sayin'.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

That's not funny yet.

The Thunder

That's not funny yet.
                    No...it's not. It's serious.

Good for you. MTA: Seriously.

The Thunder

Good for you. MTA: Seriously.
                        Heh...that's funny.

Oh Mighty Wing

oh Candice! I'm sorry about your calves!!!
                            MASSAGE MASSAGE MASSAGE!!! I can't stress that enough! Good luck with your injury!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Why is it sideways?

Candice, I had a big day today and don't want to push things tomorrow, so I'll probably keep it light, flat and easy. Anybody can be tough, and lots of people are smart. But tough and smart: the rarest.
                                MASSAGE MASSAGE MASSAGE!!! I can't stress that enough! Good luck with your injury!
                                I can't massage. It hurt to shave my legs.