Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It only gets worse. (Read 347 times)

Elly.

So's I say, yesterday was a great day for a long workout.  Drove out to Old Natchez Trace and began my trip to Fly, Tennessee on my bicycle.  Coming back with 56 miles and again on said Trace, I hit a new pothole: 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Elly.

But then again ... It hurt.  Hit my shoulder, cracked my helmet........

Elly.

Cracked my garmin .... took out an elbow

Went to the hospital in an ambulance, got a CT scan of my head, neck.  Xrays of my knee, arm, shoulder and clavicle.  I'm on blood thinners so I'm mightily bruised up.  Old fartism sucks. 

Oh, well, it's better than the alternative.  I had a great uncle (in Holland) who died riding a bicycle at the age of 94.  

All I need is for the people that be .... patch the potholes and smooth the road.  Angry

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nice work there!  What's that, 9 stitches?  Where did yoiu go?

(Glad you are okay)

The King of Beasts

Sweet Hell !!

gald you are okay.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Elly.

Nice work there!  What's that, 9 stitches?  Where did yoiu go?

(Glad you are okay)

Ambulance driver wanted to take me to Vanderbilt, but we are closer to St. Thomas, and if it was that bad they could take me to Vanderbilt. 

Actually, I'm in a better mood now that I posted to pics... even if it's only in my old fart mind ... I'm healing. 

Why is it sideways?

Ouch! Dang!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why'd ya need an ambulance?

Glad you're ok.

That's quite a gash and lots of road rash. No broken bones? Very lucky indeed.

Damn ground is hard, isn't it?

Get off my porch

Elly.

Why'd ya need an ambulance?

I passed out...hit my head on the pavement and when I came to I could not see anyone except for stars and halo's. The sheriff called the ambulance, and I told her"no" but she was following "procedure". Then my husband and son came and the ambulance crew took their directions, not mine. Also had trouble breathing ... Hyperventilated like a silly asthmatic. I think I scared them.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, you needed an ambulance.

I hate it. It looks so painful. I'm glad you bounced fairly well.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Intentionally Blank

Oh, Ellie.  I am just this summer really learning to ride a bike.  You mave have set me back a couple of years.

I hope you are not in too much pain.  Will we see you at the annual picnic?

Hoodoo Guru

I'm glad Trent approved of your ambulance ride. Roll eyes  The "cracked my helmet" was enough to sell me. 

Heal fast.

The tangents are moot.

"run" "2" "eat"

elly!

getting hurt while cycling is about a million times cooler than just randomly falling down. you are participating in life!

looks like it's been what... 4 days? 5 days? hope you are healing well. the muscle soreness from a landing like that can be brutal. even though it doesn't show, it's as bad as the cuts and bruises. i've been in an ambulance, and i know it's no fun, but just take it as a sign that people care about you and want to keep you around.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams