Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Saturday August 2nd (Read 509 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

I will be in Nashville for the weekend visiting my SIL. Saturday Trent and I will be running the Freedom 5k and then finishing up whatever is left of the 11 miles slotted for my long run. If anyone is around and would like to join us I'd love to meet you! The only other place I'll be running is in SIL's neighborhood.

Oh Mighty Wing

Here is what Trent has planned for me:
      Spectacular. The 5k climbs the meanest hill in the entire park. You will climb it around mile 1-2. The six mile run we will do after also climbs the other meanest hill in the entire park. FYI, there are about 5 meanest hills in the entire park.
      JakeKnight

Here is what Trent has planned for me:
        No. He doesn't. He has you running the whole 11.2 + 0.6 after the 5k. Anything less is an insult to the park, to the monkeys, and to the decomposing Scott family. Trent knows this perfectly well. Frankly, I'm disappointed in him. I assume he's talking crazy because he's sick. And drunk. Unless I'm running an ultra in Memphis that day (the one Trent wussed out on), I'll be joining you. Try not to run away. I am not an animal. I am a human being.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Oh Mighty Wing

See we talked about this. I'm not sure I can do 11.2 + 3.1 -- hell i'm not sure I can do a race and then finish my long run...
          JakeKnight

See we talked about this. I don't think I can do both.
            You say that as if you have a choice.

Oh Mighty Wing

You say that as if you have a choice.
              no trying to destroy me if you aren't going to run and show me how it's supposed to be done!
              JakeKnight

no trying to destroy me if you aren't going to run and show me how it's supposed to be done!
                It's not me you have to worry about. The park has eyes. Besides, it'll be fun, its pretty, it'll let you know it better for the race, blah blah blah. But mostly I'd worry about angering the monkeys. Anybody who says they're not real - and scary - hasn't been out there very much.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

3.1 + warmup. + 6. If I, er, accidentally turn left atop 3 mile hill rather than right and we end up going 11.2 + LL, you'll forgive me. Won't you. And yes. Lots of eyes. Monkey eyes. Zombie eyes. Gorilla eyes. You do well to respect them. Sparky's days are numbered.
                  JakeKnight

3.1 + warmup. + 6. If I, er, accidentally turn left atop 3 mile hill rather than right and we end up going 11.2 + LL, you'll forgive me. Won't you. And yes. Lots of eyes. Monkey eyes. Zombie eyes. Gorilla eyes. You do well to respect them. Sparky's days are numbered.
                    Yeah. Sparky's screwed. I've seen his character in horror movies. He's always the second or third to get it.

Oh Mighty Wing

Oh I am very respectful! Trent, I will forgive you if you forgive me for crawling walking.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sparky probably wears a red shirt.

Oh Mighty Wing

Sparky probably wears a red shirt.
                          and here I thought a red shirt was a college freshman sports team member who doesn't play but is on the team.

S&M Collector

I might just be around for this whole thing, Shan. can't promise. Depends on what time my lazy non-running friends want to leave for Indy.
                            Come across any cool medals lately?

Oh Mighty Wing

I might just be around for this whole thing, Shan. can't promise. Depends on what time my lazy non-running friends want to leave for Indy.
                              ok I will not get excited... but common they can wait till 11:00 to leave...
                                My little sister might decide to have her birthday party at Laser Quest instead of going camping...in which case i'll be able to come run with you. If she decides to camp though, I won't. Anyway...if you plan to run the Monkey in November I would think that you can or should be able to run 3.1 + 11.2 + 0.6 right now. You can do it. Just do it Wink