Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Resolution Run (Read 354 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No longer a Striders event?

Now an IRFTP event?

WTF?

"run" "2" "eat"

the event was getting to be too much fun for the striders.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Hoodoo Guru

I heard Diana say they lost the bid on it.

Run with me in Mt Juliet on New Years Day.

http://mtjulietrunningclub.com/Resolution_Run_5K.html

The tangents are moot.

Running Rev'd

I'm sad about this and won't run it this year probably. $35 is a little steep for a 5K personally. I'd pay $30 and give back the crappy Michelob Ultra afterward.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Elly.

I heard Diana say they lost the bid on it.

I believe that was Diana being diplomatic. it appears that Emmit has systematically taking over races out about town. Nick Ged was more blunt about it: "We were told that our services were not needed." People want to party ala Hash House Harriers. It gets people out the door and exercising .... Which is good. Not so much for the more serious runners. Perhaps this will change now that Peter is president again. I think he is better at glad handing and convincing organizations to use the not-for-profit Striders.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Intentionally Blank

I thought the whole point of it was that it was the first race of the year.  Now it's on New Year's Eve.  Hmph.

I didn't realize Peter was Pres again.  Good for him for being willing to do another stint!  Was a year enough for Diana?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I think it was a bit much for Diana with working full time and doing all the other things Diana does. (Hello marathon every few weeks.)

Peter rocks.

I'm running the 5k (or 10k...) in Hendersonville instead. Emmitt can have his overpriced parade and bad beer.

the event was getting to be too much fun for the striders.

I laughed.

Elly.

I asked if I could photograph the Mt. Juliet run, and I received a "go". I'll be photographing this one. I think it will be fun.

Meh, $5 is $5...

I'm okay with the date since I hate racing after a night of drinking and debauchery.  On the other hand, not a fan of IRFTP.  

Who am I kidding?  I'll just do it because it's there.  Cause that's how I roll.

Elly.

Don't debauch so much. 

Besides, this run is going to start at 1:00 in the afternoon.  I'll be sleeping in....

Meh, $5 is $5...

Be glad you didn't run this. 15 minutes late on the start and mile markers were tough to see. This reminded me why I hate IRFTP. Racing under the weather already sucked and the late start pretty much defeated the warm up. Making it worse - post race was "beer" was Michelob Ultra (aka distilled piss) and awards are to be given out at the New Year's Eve Celebration downtown. Naturally awards won't be mailed out if, like many people, you have plans and don't show. What a joke.
                            Elly.

Well, did the Mt. Juliet Run.  JC was there and won it handily by something like 18:30.  I really thought the front runner had gotten lost.  I waited and got panicky and ran back to the start line to make sure the folks in charge had not gotten confused.  Jacob showed up eventually.

It was an old fashioned race ... lots of folks just proud to be out there and proud to have done a 5K. 

That ain't all bad. Wink

Missed you, Dallas. 

Hoodoo Guru

I went to Memphis to watch Vandy in the Liberty Bowl and didn't get back til about 1 pm New Year's Day.  Stayed home and watched the Titans instead of running down there to watch you take photos.

The tangents are moot.