Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

core work (Read 419 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

So as you all know I like to run. I really have no interest in doing anything else, but it's been pointed out to me many times I should probably do other things. Then last week after running on ice my whole body was tired - even my core was worn out and so I thought huh well maybe I need to work on that a little bit. So I'd like to add some core work into my week. But I have no idea how to incorporate other things without it taking away from my running. I need help! With regards to core work - how many times per week and for how long? Or am I just wasting my time and I should just focus more on running??? thanks in advance for your help!!
      Core work is very important in my opinion. You run mostly from your core. Call me.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh Mighty Wing

oh hey Trent thanks for the information this totally revolutionized my life! Tongue

Why is it sideways?

Hey Shan: I think corework is important, but only if you have time or energy after running to devote to it. As you just found out, the core gets worked while you run! Anyhow, I don't do much. Back in the day I used to do push-ups and sit-ups three times a week. I probably should continue to do this, but hey there are limits to my motivation.

Oh Mighty Wing

there are limits to my motivation.
            you hit the nail right on the head!! With that being said I'm willing to try it and see how I feel... course that probably implies that I have tried it... I have not - i'm leaning heavily on the I don't know how much/how often excuse right now!! Smile

Why is it sideways?

Yeah that's not a good excuse. It's just like running. Do first, then worry about how to do it better. MTA: I personally think you've got tons of gains to make with running before you worry about the difference that core work may or may not make.

Oh Mighty Wing

MTA: I personally think you've got tons of gains to make with running before you worry about the difference that core work may or may not make.
                that's what I like to hear! Smile and should I be doing something on my off day? (really I just want to run - can't I just do that and worry about the rest later??)

Why is it sideways?

Just run, baby.

Oh Mighty Wing

Just run, baby.
                    Big grin MTA: have you noticed I've been weening myself off the !!!'s

Why is it sideways?

Big grin MTA: have you noticed I've been weening myself off the !!!'s
                      So, you're not totally lacking in discipline, then. By the way, my favorite Ed Abbey book is Fool's Progress, but his most famous is Desert Solitaire. Be forewarned: he's a macho sort of writer. But I think that he captures the pathos of being a dude in a rich enough way for his sort of chauvinist comments to find their context if that makes any sense. All this is a long way of saying that it's cool if you think he's just an asshole.

Oh Mighty Wing

So, you're not totally lacking in discipline, then. By the way, my favorite Ed Abbey book is Fool's Progress, but his most famous is Desert Solitaire. Be forewarned: he's a macho sort of writer. But I think that he captures the pathos of being a dude in a rich enough way for his sort of chauvinist comments to find their context if that makes any sense. All this is a long way of saying that it's cool if you think he's just an asshole.
                        haha I exhibit discipline when it suits my needs. (either that or i'm just less excited lately) OHH I picked up Fool's Progress - read the first page and wanted to read the whole thing. Thanks for the warning - I actually tend to like "men's" authors (E.H. as an example). I'll probably start it sometime next week - I'll let you know how it goes!

A Saucy Wench

I've had children. I have 2 choices, do core work or pee myself when I run. You want to have children. Do core work now. Honesty is found in a bottle of Merlot

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Oh Mighty Wing

Honesty is found in a bottle of Merlot
                            I find many things in my bottle of merlot. Smile
                              Shan, really it only takes like 20 extra minutes a day. Just a few basic exercises.