Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Leash Free Dogs Allowed (Read 29 times)

Elly.

Dogs are allowed to run leash free in Edwin Warner Park from sunrise until 8:00 AM.

Discuss.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

This is a new ruling or something?

If it is, it's stupid.

So I guess this is allowed now? I was running in EWP this a.m around 7:30 and heard some guy repeatedly calling for his, apparently, lost dog. Which is why I still think this is a very bad idea.

I know Brody is far better trained than the average dog and you're an immensely more responsible owner, but this is bad news for a lot of pooches out there.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Elly.

It's in a test phase...from June until November 30. There are a bunch of rules, i.e. no digging, no harassing of other people and animals, leashes must be used at the Nature Center, picnic areas, parking lots. Also, it is only in designated parks.

I found out about it on FB from Zimmer. And he thought it was a huge annoyance. Trail runners seem to be annoyed to have to share the trail with a dog and a hiker.

I, frankly, am so very happy that Brody is allowed to run off leash, and my not breaking a law. He is high energy, and he needs this exercise to keep in good shape, physically and mentally. But then again, I quit hiking on the trails for the most part.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Well, to be fair , I think Phil was mostly annoyed with unleashed dogs on trails, and I would agree. It's dangerous. My family always had a dog and he or she was always on a leash ( for so many reasons)  when outside our home/yard. It's hard for me to understand how it could be safe otherwise.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Does it really matter? The people who believe their dogs don't need leashes never use leashes anyway, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So damned many dog poop bags on the ground aside the greenway. WTF people?

Seriously! I know that being lazy, self-centered, and rude is all the rage these days, but COME ON!  I counted 17 bags a few weeks ago.

"run" "2" "eat"

my bad.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I picked up 24 poop bags today. A few were within sight of a garbage can.

"run" "2" "eat"

maybe cut down on your bran intake? just a thought.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Fun facts from the past 7 days about irresponsible dog owners!

1. More bags of poop lining the greenways. Numerous unbagged offerings on roads/greenways.

2.  Running on the Blue Trail, Cheryl was nearly knocked down by an unleashed large black dog that barreled towards her full-speed. When she uttered a profanity, the owner asked, "You got a problem?" To which Cheryl replied, "There's a leash law." To which the owner replied (I kid you not) "Fuck you, bitch," and took off.

3.  Observed a runner knocked off her feet by a large unleashed dog over the weekend. This is about the 5th time I've seen this happen.

4.   Enjoyed being jumped on by an unleashed drop-kick dog this a.m. ("He won't hurt you! He's a sweetie!") and now have an attractive scratch down my right leg.

I'm about ready to call the Park Police every time I see an unleashed dog in the parks. I mean, it's illegal and obviously dangerous.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When I have discussed this with the park, they recommend that we call the Park police with any infraction

When I have discussed this with the park, they recommend that we call the Park police with any infraction

Well, that would be about 7 phone calls per park visit, but I'll keep it in mind for the super-egregious owners.

Today's Prize Winner was a dude with FOUR dogs off leash all traipsing in various directions through the woods while the guy flailed his arms and yelled the entire time.

Relaxing!