Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dec 22nd - 28th (Read 694 times)

The Thunder

I'm thinking that's a beautiful week for my first 100 mile week. Who's with me!? Jeff? I'll bet you are!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

We will see. I have some traveling to do during that time, but if you go 100, I'll go 120. Evil grin

Oh Mighty Wing

if I could run that much I would TOTALLY do it!!

Lazy idiot

if I could run that much I would TOTALLY do it!!
          I'm guessing you don't have school this week? Nut up and run, yo.

Tick tock

The Thunder

We will see. I have some traveling to do during that time, but if you go 100, I'll go 120. Evil grin
            Run BITCH!

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm guessing you don't have school this week? Nut up and run, yo.
              if I thought I could run 14 miles a day - even split into multiple runs I totally would.

Why is it sideways?

if I thought I could run 14 miles a day - even split into multiple runs I totally would.
                Alright, enough. Love the enthusiasm. But you know the 100 mile week is kind of a holy grail of running. It takes reorganizing your life around running. It means that you have always just run or are getting ready to run. It can be done as a stunt by the undertrained runner (right, Trent?). But to run 100 miles a week as a part of a training plan in order to take your running places you've never gone is not something to be frivolous about. It requires reorganizing your life around something pretty fucking stupid that no one gives a shit about except for you and even you doubt why the fuck you are running around in circles all the goddamn day. It means being constantly on the edge of injury, worrying about whether or not this niggle will turn into something more serious. It requires holding yourself back when you want to go faster. And it can break a runner. I've been running for a long time and I have run two 100 mile weeks in my life. After the first one, in my first training cycle, it put me in a hole that I am only now climbing out of. The second I handled more easily, but hte quad pain I am dealing with still now began during that time. Hopefully a few more 100 mile weeks are in store for me. Hopefully I will be ready. Hopefully I will not break my leg from the pounding. Hopefully I will not get too cranky from the constant glycogen depletion. Hopefully I will be able to write some good stuff at some time during the day. Hopefully these big weeks will allow me to hold 5:40 pace for 26 fucking miles. Hopefully. But not certainly. Not at all. So, yeah, you'd run a 100 mile week if you could. If you could. So would I, if I could, if I can, if I am capable, if if if if if if if if if if. Do not take the "ifs" lightly. Do not speak of them flippantly. That's why we're in it. For the ifs. It is a hell of a long way from "if" to "totally would." If I could run a 2:30 marathon, I totally would because hey you know sounds like fun.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thank you Jeff. Thank you for putting this into words. And thank you for reminding me that I should include attempt to be more articulate and not just write the shortest sentence possible. I am sorry if I have given you the impression that I do not respect this sport, that distance, and what you do every day. I hold you high distance fast guys on a podium I can't see the top of when I crane my neck. You do what I only hope to be able to do one day. I truly do believe that if I can work hard enough and pay off my debt slowly I will be able to lick that iceberg. But I am willing to learn and to try and spend the time to get as close as I can. Again I'm sorry for not saying what I meant - which is that one day, years from now, I hope to be able to do that. Again, I'm sorry, for offending you.

The Greatest of All Time

Jeff, what you wrote should be a in a book or something. Like for real.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Lazy idiot

And Shan, you know I was just kidding.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

And Shan, you know I was just kidding.
                        yeah, which is what I was doing back.
                          I hate you all.

Why is it sideways?

It's cool Shan. I'm just pissy because my quad hurts and I'm not running today.

Oh Mighty Wing

It's cool Shan. I'm just pissy because my quad hurts and I'm not running today.
                              i'm sorry your quad hurts and that your aren't running, but you do say some good stuff when you are pissy. Smile I know my unending optimism can be annoying especially when you can't do what you want to do. Part of my charm I guess...

The Thunder

Pissy Jeff is my favorite Jeff. Hey Jeff...TIR? Big grin Damn I love that hippie...fucking love that guy.