Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The run from M'effin Hell. (Read 292 times)

So I had a weekend class all weekend this past weekend which translates to no time for a long run. My friend Deanna had a triathlon Saturday, so she couldn't do the Striders run. We decided we'd run 20 together today...which is fine, except for the fact that she has to drop her kid off at school at 7:45. I was fine with starting at 8:30 even though I knew it would get hot the last half of the run or maybe even in the first half too (which it did)... Unfortunately she calls me when i'm leaving my house and tells me that she has to drive back home real quick and get her Garmin (which quit working 6 miles into the run lol). Well, we ended up starting at 9:00...the first 12 miles were okay except that I had like 3 massages in class yesterday so my muscles were like jello and it took me at least half of the first 12 to tighten up again. Deanna's legs were pretty sore from her tri on Saturday, but she was okay with that too (the first 12 miles). We didn't concern ourselves with putting water out since we were already running late... fortunately the route we were taking we knew where to find various water fountains (city hall, kroger, park, etc. - all of which we used). So anyway, the first 12 miles were great....the last 8 felt like 15. Somewhere around mile 14 I noticed my feet got really warm and started hurting, specifically the right one. I ignored it. I knew what was wrong. There was a blister. Most likely multiple blisters. I'm really awesome at ignoring blisters. It's one of my strong points in marathon training/running. Deanna kept saying she couldn't run anymore. And I kept asking if she wanted to stop...but she's like me, stubborn. We kept going. At the time, I cussed her for it. In the end, I thanked her for it. Then we both started getting dehydration symptoms...even though we'd drank twice (yea, probably should have drank more by this point in the run) My body started shaking and she kept cramping. We made it to Kroger at mile 18 where we got water and I took a gel to attempt to stop the shaking. It was pretty bad (the shaking. The gel was good.) I bought a gatorade out of the machine (which is bad for my stomach, but I figured the good would outweigh the bad - I only had two miles to go) The combination of the gel and the gatorade stopped the shaking. So we tried to start running again, Deannas legs wouldn't work right at first which was pretty funny, but we made it back to our cars. I honestly don't want to know how long those last 2 miles took us. I took my shoes off and realized that they were soaked in blood. I started the run off with white socks, ended with red Big grin Not only did I have a huge blood blister between my first and second toe (which actually looks like I grew a third, red, toe) but I had another one right beside it that had apparently burst and bled on my sock. Pretty much the same situation with the left foot, but not as bad. And then I have other various blisters on my forefoot. So now I feel like crap from getting overheated and dehydrated and it hurts to walk because of my blisters. But I got my 20 miler in, and that's really all that matters. The Monkey will be more enjoyable because of days like today. The M'effin run from hell... Roll eyes MTA: Oh, and all of this was under a 9 minute pace...which I just figured out. That's funny. Someone quick, be the first to point out I raced the run from hell Wink That was no race. That was death march.

S&M Collector

Nice work to both of you! I am inspired.
      Come across any cool medals lately?
        If you haven't already done so, be sure to forward this Training Race Report to your coach.

Why is it sideways?

Beautiful.
            If you haven't already done so, be sure to forward this Training Race Report to your coach.
            Still doesn't know about Monkey... Tight lipped

I know. I was being sarcastical-like and whatnot. Congrats on your run, though. Heat, the shakes, dehydration, blisters, and blood socks. Yep, the Monkey will be a pleasure cruise after that.

Congrats on your run, though. Heat, the shakes, dehydration, blisters, and blood socks. Yep, the Monkey will be a pleasure cruise after that.
                For real. I'm just glad I didn't have to add "candicing" to that list. Apparently I do good living off of baked lays. (I haven't been to the store lately... Undecided)

Why is it sideways?

...baked lays....
                  I always heard it was better when you're baked.
                    I always heard it was better when you're baked.
                    Were you talking to yourself again?

Why is it sideways?

Were you talking to yourself again?
                      It was an attempt at a crude and inappropriate joke. So, yeah, basically.
                        It was an attempt at a crude and inappropriate joke. So, yeah, basically.
                        You didn't get what I meant.... nevermind Wink