Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The official going away party for Candice thread. (Read 534 times)

Who was the doc?
    Dr. Irene Katsaitis Why do you ask? Do you think this was a misdiagnosis?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The diagnosis was almost certainly correct. The management is outdated. These days, folks with corneal abrasions typically are prescribed darkness and eye rest if they feel they need it, but are also allowed to go out with their friends if they think they can handle it.
        The diagnosis was almost certainly correct. The management is outdated. These days, folks with corneal abrasions typically are prescribed darkness and eye rest if they feel they need it, but are also allowed to go out with their friends if they think they can handle it.
        Trent - Deanna felt terrible (and still does) for missing the party even though it was something totally beyond her control. Candice, her best friend, is moving away, and she's already sad about that. You've always been a pretty nice guy in person, but I have to say, you come across as a bit insulting saying “the management is outdated”…because the implication is…her eye really wasn’t bad enough to miss the party. Why would she miss her best friend’s going away party that she planned if she was able to make it? I know Candice could make a long list of times that Deanna has been there for her, and not only for fun things like parties, but in the not so fun times when you really need a friend by your side. Here is a pic of Deanna's sock after the Boston Marathon, and she didn't complain at all. The eye injury issue has nothing to do with toughness - even really tough people have situations that they can't continue doing what they want to do. Saturday night was one of those times for Deanna.
          Hope Deanna's feeling better, Tony. I figured if she was in enough pain to cry, then obviously she couldn't make it to a party. That doesn't seem too outdated to me. Wink Hope to see you all soon. Sorry the marathon sucked for you. The Monkey's way easier and more fun! (And cheaper!)

Oh Mighty Wing

DEANNA - WE MISSED YOU AND LOVE YOU!!!!!! Hope your eye is feeling better!!!

The Thunder

If I may step in and be swamp mom for a moment. I don't think Trent was trying to say anything about Deanna...I think he was talking about the doctor who may or may not have given some outdated recommendations. No one here would ever doubt Deanna's dedication to those she cares about. She's a trooper and an absolute sweetheart! She was just being a good patient and following doctor's orders. Trent wasn't trying to evaluate her situation as much as her 'Diagnosis'. He's harmless.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tony, I did not mean to imply that at all. I know that corneal abrasions hurt like stink, and I know that she is one tough woman (I saw her tough out that BQ in Louisville, dude, that is one tough woman!). Candice and I actually tried to call Candice from the party so I could tell her that I might have recommended different management and that it would likely have been okay for her to come out if she wanted. We missed both of you. The intended implication of “the management is outdated” was that the advice she received was inappropriate. It had to do with the doc, not with the patient. Which is why I asked the doc's name. Turns out, she is not even a physician. Or, what Thunder said.
                  I never thought Deanna made it up. She wouldn't do that to me. She loves me, and I her Wink I'm glad she stayed home, I know she was in a lot of pain...so even if the doctor told her she could go out, she still wouldn't have felt like it. And I don't blame her...who wants to go out when their eyeball hurts. Trent also didn't seem to be implying that she made it up when he was talking to me about it Saturday night. Just that whoever examined her was an idiot for being so overcautious. And if I see a picture of her damn bloody foot one more time I might cry...i've already thrown up a bunch of times. I'm glad you didn't post a picture of the actual foot without the sock, im still trying to get over that one. All is good. Dee and I will go out for sushi before I leave.

Turns out, she is not even a physician. .
                    Anti-optite.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey