Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Leash Free Dogs Allowed (Read 29 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran the greenway today and did not see any poop bags. So there's that, at least

On the white trail a couple of weekends ago and two ladies with two dogs (one leashed and one unleashed) came up to me. The unleashed dog was going apeshit all over the trail and trying to chase squirrels and I'm sure my Resting Bitch Face was in MAJOR Bitch mode, because one woman was like... "ohhhhhh he's friendly! Unless you're a squirrel. TEHEEEHEHEHHHHEEHHHE." And me and my bitch face replied, well, the squirrels are precisely what I'm worried about.

2 years ago in the park, I saw a dog kill a squirrel in the park, while his owner feebly yelled "get back here, pooch!"

As the biggest freaking dog/animal lover in the world, nothing drives me crazier than entitled people in the park thinking that the leash laws don't apply to their "well-behaved" dog. Not only are they infringing on the rights of humans and leashed dogs to enjoy their park safely, but they are putting their damn dog in harm's way (not to mention the other wildlife in the park). Their precious "well-trained" pooch could easily get ran over by a car in the park or run out to one of the streets neighboring the park and get ran over. Plus, they're breaking another rule in the park, because you know that their off leash dog is shitting all over the place and of course they're not picking it up.

I always say I'm going to call the park police every weekend, and I never do. But, maybe I'll start.

It's a little embarrassing how much this issue irks me. So, I'll stop now...

end rant.

SING IT, SISTER!

And just in case anyone wasn't aware of it, Linda Eskind Rebrovick still allows her unleashed dog to run all over hell and back in the parks.

Nothing like running for mayor while publicly breaking the law on a daily basis. I'm convinced this is why she only got 6% of the vote.

I ran the greenway today and did not see any poop bags. So there's that, at least

I know! There do seem to be fewer bags than last week. Although I still saw a few and one lovely mound complete with a Dairy Queen swirly at the top.

"run" "2" "eat"

i avoid all this stress by riding a stationary bike located in my basement

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

riding a stationary bike located in my basement

This sounds kind of xenophobic. Are you a Trump supporter or something?

"run" "2" "eat"

yes. i am an or something.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

yes. i am an or something.

GETM.

"run" "2" "eat"

it seems you think i know what that means

Nice try, Waffs.

Elly.

Well, I have not visited the user groups in some time.

But, goodness such rancor for dogs. I guess I should have known since Cheryl and Tanya have not given me the least itty, bitty "like" for all my Brody pics on FB! Phooey to you!

But, of course, it is not the dogs at all; it is the dog owners. I too have stepped in poop on a downhill and landed on my butt. It was very shitty experience. And....I have picked up poop bags that are a blight to our greenways and parks. Simply put, folks take their dogs to Petco Puppy Class and consider their dog trained.

I have seen some equally bad manners from runners on trails, too. Silently running up behind me and the dog, running four abreast, leaving their bottles of water and spent Gu packages on the trails.

It all has to do with people being a little bit kinder, and considerate on the trails, parks and greenways. Can you teach that?

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

"run" "2" "eat"

Nice try, Waffs.

yeah, see, the correct use of "getm" requires the claimant be the sayer of something which directly results in the quotee having stumbled or otherwise caused a loss of points in favour of the claimant. that didn't happen; therefore, you used "getm" incorrectly, resulting not in my loss of points in your favour, but instead, in your embarrassing yourself. that's why i said i didn't understand -- i was trying to give you an out, which i suppose you're too proud to take. sad, really. i'll avert my eyes while you pull yourself together.

I'd love to respond to all this ire, but I'm currently vacationing at Lake Dilligaf!

This morning I enjoyed having a belligerent old potbellied blowhard yell that he was going to kick my ass when I politely informed him that there was a leash law. He had 3 dogs....Two of them pooping on the greenway even as he bellowed at me.

Good times.

"run" "2" "eat"

you enjoy being yelled at... fascinating.