Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

New PWP Race?!?! (Read 343 times)

Website

Flyer

Okay trent how do you get 9.32 miles in PWP and does this mean we finally have a trail race in the park.  based on what they are saying it makes me think possibly yellow trail.

rant on.

And just to add some wood to the fire?  What is up with these women-only events?  I just don't get it. 

Luckily the 15K "allows" men.  Hope you men didn't wanna do the 6k scavenger hunt.

rant off.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Interesting...

Sent them an email just now.

The information is too vague. It could be (15k) 3 loops of the x-country course for all we know. Otherwise, how have these outsiders gotten rights to hold a race on the trails of PWP, when no local outfit has had a race there (trails).

E-mail for more info zimmer and keep us posted.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Sounds like they are on the trails to me.  They talk about shade and tree canopies.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This time of year, the entire course is shaded pretty much.  They also talk about no strollers, etc.  If it were on trails I would think that would be obvious.
              The CC course isn't shaded the whole way, is it?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Diana writes -

The 15K is a road race, not on trails--course still to be determined.  I'm working closely with the RD for the 15K.  The Nashville Striders will be involved with several aspects of the event.  It's going to be a fun day for all ages!  Take a look at their website

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

BMenees

That looks like a world of hurt.

Great park to train in.  Terrible park to race in.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Terrible park to race in.

Amen, brother.  Amen.

BTW, if we reroute Monkey this year due to the broken road between mileposts 7 and 8, I will be sure to add more hills.