Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Research Participants Needed! (Read 266 times)

I'm collaborating with some folks from Scottland on a study that is looking at the non-exerciser's ability to match their steps to a metronome while walking in order to improve their understanding of what is "moderate intensity walking", or the minimum intensity needed to elicit health benefits. I have been recruiting participants for 4 weeks and have only had one person complete the testing... the fliers are obviously not working. I realize that all of YOU are exercisers, but if you know of anyone between 18-60 years of age who is not currently exercising but may be interested in learning more about the health benefits of walking, could you please have them call me (615-969-9552)? Spouses, co-workers, children, friends... whoever you think might enjoy learning about becoming more healthy (or if there are people in your life that you would like to see become more active, this may act as a good starting point - we will be giving them lots of feedback!).

Here are the specific details:

The research session will take place in the MTSU Exercise Science laboratory and should last approximately 1-hour. During this session, participants will be asked to complete a 3-5 minute walking trial on a treadmill at 2.7 mph, during which we will be monitoring step frequency, heart rate, and gas exchange (so participants will wear a mouthpiece and nose clip for this first trial). Following this brief session, participants will be asked to complete two 10-minute walks on the indoor track at MTSU. During the first 10-min walk, participants will walk at a self-selected "brisk" walking speed, whereas during the second walk participants will be asked to match their pace with the treadmill walking speed  (2.7 mph) by synchronizing their step rate to the cadence of a waist-mounted metronome.

It's easy, it's fun, and we will give each participant some nice schwag. I would appreciate you spreading the word for me!

Cheers!

Why is it sideways?

Hey Liz, by what date do you need folks? Would you still need them in late July?
        We're hoping to finish up this month, but if we don't get enough participants we will test as long as we need to.
          Gave the wife the info, perhaps she'll call you. Her name is Paula Hayes.

Get off my porch

Gave the wife the info, perhaps she'll call you. Her name is Paula Hayes.

Thank you for passing along the info! We'd love to have her come in. If she would like more information she can also email me at ackley dot holbrook at gmail dot com.

DIRK!!! I didn't realize that YOU were Oldman - how the hell are you? It was good to see you the other day (you are looking very fit and very fast)!