Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Attack on the greenway (Read 250 times)

Slice

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Hoodoo Guru

Here's a little bit more complete story:

http://www.wkrn.com/story/18609307/greenway-stabbing

Hope the guy is alright.  I would love to have a follow up to this story. 

And let it serve as a reminder to be careful out there.

The tangents are moot.

Why is it sideways?

Nice comments on that article. Roll eyes

"run" "2" "eat"

completely agreed, jeffer, but what do you expect? people who post anonymously on the internet are LOOSERS!

this tidbit from the article is for tanyo --

"Unable to speak, Jennifer said her father is doing his best to communicate."

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Hoodoo Guru

So this afternoon on the Stones River Greenway I see a runner just about get hit by a car in the parking area and a dog walker almost get into a fight with a cyclist. The runner had just finished warming up in the parking lot and was walking to the trail head. He was looking up at a passing plane and could not hear the car or me yelling at him due to his earphones. He looked back down just in time toscoot out of the cars way. The cyclist and the dog walker seemed to be arguing about the dog walker not keeping his dogs close enough. Dog walker pushed cyclist in the face, but cyclist did not rise to the bait. Good thing too since my money would have been on dog walker in this one. Has everyone gone mad?

The tangents are moot.

Why is it sideways?

Has everyone gone mad?

Yep, pretty much. 

BUT today there was a whole heap of kids out at the track, doing drills, running laps, and generally having good clean fun. No ipods, ipads, or anything like that involved.

Slice

Dog walker pushed cyclist in the face, but cyclist did not rise to the bait. Good thing too since my money would have been on dog walker in this one. Has everyone gone mad?

Dammit, you saw me do that?! Kidding... People really are crazy. I ran on the greenway today and was a bit more aware of my surroundings and had my pepper spray but I think 3 crazed homeless people on the greenway won't be a daily occurrence. I hope anyway. Crazy dog walkers and crazy cyclists are just visual entertainment.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Nice comments on that article. Roll eyes

I particularly enjoyed the doof who noted that, "Laws need to be passed to keep these people out of Tennessee!"

"Unable to speak, Jennifer said her father is doing his best to communicate."

EVERYONE HAS GONE MAD!!!