Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Where did Jeff go??? (Read 601 times)

Why is it sideways?

Hey Jeff, how ya doin? you feelin good?
    Yep. Feeling pretty good. Nice week last week, Shan. Out for a run.

Oh Mighty Wing

Yep. Feeling pretty good. Nice week last week, Shan. Out for a run.
      hey no this isn't about me - it's about you and your whole conquering of things that at one time made you possibly nervous... YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!! (but thank you...)

Why is it sideways?

hey no this isn't about me - it's about you and your whole conquering of things that at one time made you possibly nervous... YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!! (but thank you...)
        What was that? The dissertation? A defense date is set for the first of May. Lots to do between now and then.

Oh Mighty Wing

What was that? The dissertation? A defense date is set for the first of May. Lots to do between now and then.
          no you said a while ago that you had made an attempt at this before but it has resulted in injury. And now you went there 2x in 3 weeks and seem to be doing awesome!!! AND THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Why is it sideways?

Ah, the 100 mile weeks. Yes, I learned to slow down a bit and have gotten in tune with my body. I don't think it had anything to do with overcoming fear or nervousness, though. More to do with the heap-load of 80 mile weeks leading up there. But thanks for noticing. What really makes me nervous are my upcoming races.

Oh Mighty Wing

well i'm just glad you found what you needed to be doing what you've been doing because it is spectacular to watch!!!! A little nervousness is always a good thing.
                What really makes me nervous are my upcoming races.
                Your races make you more nervous than the thought of defending your dissertation? You're wheird.

Oh Mighty Wing

You're wheird.
                  hey hey no disrupting the love fest we have going on here... Big grin

Why is it sideways?

Your races make you more nervous than the thought of defending your dissertation? You're wheird.
                    No, the dissertation is more nerve wracking. The training is pleasure: coping and distracting. The races are nervous/exciting.

Oh Mighty Wing

No, the dissertation is more nerve wracking. The training is pleasure: coping and distracting. The races are nervous/exciting.
                      so I have my grad portfolio due on March 15th. I just started working on it.... I really should not have procrastinated... that is nerve wracking - not nervous excitement...

Why is it sideways?

What is a grad portfolio?

Oh Mighty Wing

What is a grad portfolio?
                          I have to put together a portofolio of work proving I met the standards for my masters program - complete with rational statements to tell why my evidence shows I've met each standard, and some samples of student work. All in all it's 28 standards - each needs evidence and a rationale statement. This is the last thing I need to do to get my masters degree.

Why is it sideways?

Ah, sweet. Kind of like a masters thesis, but more practical. Sounds cool. Good luck with that!

Oh Mighty Wing

Ah, sweet. Kind of like a masters thesis, but more practical. Sounds cool. Good luck with that!
                              I think it's more practical... i also think it's supposed to be easier as I should have been doing it all along... but i'm a slacker... oh well guess it's what i'll do this weekend!!