Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Coming soon to a tourist trap near you... (Read 448 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Me, the wife, and the kid.  We'll be arriving on Friday 8/13 sometime in the afternoon, and doing the typical touristy things people do with their families when they come to your wonderful city to visit.  We're also planning a day (or overnight) trip to Memphis sometime AFTER the 16th, and leave for home on the 20th by way of Pigeon Forge. 

Since this is a vacation, my two traveling companions will not be interested in rising very early, so I will have opportunities to get in some early morning runs, if anyone's interested.  I'm also trying to plan a weekend (14th/15th) late afternoon / evening run, or weekday evening run, in the Hills of Monkeyville, with Trent and as many of you as can make it. 

And I'll warn you all now that I'm a not-quite-PFDOS, midpack flatlander (meaning I ain't all that fast or all that good on hills). 

Anybody interested in meeting up with me?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So I can run with you over the weekend during one of the evenings (Sat or Sun) in Monkeyville.  And depending on your schedule, we can do that Crunky hot fish either on Friday or Tuesday-later the next week.

Hoodoo Guru

Woo-hoo!  If it fits my schedule, I'd love to.  Running with me almost guarantees that you will sight an actual Flying Monkey.

The tangents are moot.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I plan to firm up our touristy-trap itinerary stuff this evening, so we can get a better idea of schedules then...more info to you later tonight or tomorrow am.
          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Plans:

- Arrive Friday night (dinnertime or maybe later)

- Anyone up for Yazoo and / or dinner Saturday night?

- Run PWP with some of you Sunday AM or PM (I can also make it Saturday AM if that's better for most)

- Morning runs during the week. Would love to meet up with a few or several of you.  I'm willing to go as early as 5am, want to be done by 8ish. 

- Wed / Thurs - Memphis

- Fri - leaving to return home by way of Pigeon Forge and Dollywood - will spend Friday and Saturday there.

Our touristy plans are to visit The Ryman, the Country Music Hall Of Fame, Bell Meade and / or Carter House, the Nashville Parthenon, take a guided tour of the city, and see the downtown area where all the music halls / bars are.  And lots of good Nashville food.

Memphis plans - Mud Island, Graceland, National Civil Rights Museum, Lorraine Hotel, Beale Street, maybe National Rock & Soul Museum and Sun Records.  And more food.

(What's that hotel in Memphis with the ducks in the fountain?  My 9yo would probably like to see that)

Anything else y'all would recommend I don't miss? 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Add Hatch showprints to your Nashville touristy stuff...they do our posters:

They are right next to the Ryman, on Broadway.

If you want to run Monkeyville Sunday eve, I can likely do that.

Lazy idiot

Add Hatch showprints to your Nashville touristy stuff

Yes!  That was a really neat place.  There are also plenty of record shops right around there, and guitar shop or two if you like that sort of thing.

Tick tock

- Fri - leaving to return home by way of Pigeon Forge and Dollywood - will spend Friday and Saturday there.

You'll be about a 20-30 minute drive to some faaaabulous trails in the Smokies which, in my opinion, you'll need after spending any amount of time at all in Pigeon Forge.

We may see you in PWP Sunday a.m. if you're running then...A group is meeting at Deep Wells (ask Trent) at 6:30 and running a billion miles.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Sounds good - I may join you for few of those.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yah, so you can run with them Sunday morning when it is cool and humid or with me that evening when it is liable to be blistering hot.

Lazy idiot

Yah, so you can run with them Sunday morning when it is cool and humid or with me that evening when it is liable to be blistering hot.

False dichotomy

Tick tock

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Elly.

Nice meeting you, Mike.  I'm Elly and I was going the opposite direction of ya'll. Hope you enjoyed your little trip in Monkeyville. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

JEM

Nice seeing you Elly.  Mike, it was nice meeting  you this morning and giving you the tour of Monkeyville.  Great little- hilly place to suffer with friends.  Let's do it again.