Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Morning Runs (Read 410 times)

The Thunder

Why do people get up early before work to run? Damn this sucks.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I love it. I get all my workday runs done before 6am. But that's not the reaction you were hoping for...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Lazy idiot

Why do people get up early before work to run? Damn this sucks.
        Try not carrying your laptop with you while you run, it'll help. Seriously, though... I hate early AM runs, too.

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

Only way to start the day IMO. I always work out before the sun rises, whether it's running or just going to the gym. I think the ARMY made me this way. You do get used to it after a week or so.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          mikeymike

Because it's the only way to get it done. There's no way I could string together 5 days of running if I didn't do 90% of my running early in the morning, let alone the random streaks of 45, 50 days that it takes to make real progress. Back when I used to be a runner, anyway.

Runners run

Marcus,you also get up at 5am even if it's not necessary...for instance, even if someone lives like 7 minutes from the start of the race you're running that morning.

Because it's the only way to get it done. There's no way I could string together 5 days of running if I didn't do 90% of my running early in the morning, let alone the random streaks of 45, 50 days that it takes to make real progress. Back when I used to be a runner, anyway.
                Where'd you come from?

mikeymike

Where'd you come from?
                  Searching for Jeff's rant. Found it. The thread was disapointing overall though. The only worthwhile thing in it was cross posted so I confirmed I wasnt' missing anything. Back to the One True Swamp now. Mikey, out.

Runners run

The Thunder

Searching for Jeff's rant. Found it. The thread was disapointing overall though. The only worthwhile thing in it was cross posted so I confirmed I wasnt' missing anything. Back to the One True Swamp now. Mikey, out.
                    Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus,you also get up at 5am even if it's not necessary...for instance, even if someone lives like 7 minutes from the start of the race you're running that morning.
                      That's true. I like my early morning time. It's my time. I am always alone and I don't have to rush. Some people are morning people and some are not. I can't sleep late like I did when I was in college.
                      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

A Saucy Wench

Once you start you'll never go back!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Oh Mighty Wing

That's true. I like my early morning time. It's my time. I am always alone and I don't have to rush.
                          that plan would have been nice had another early morning person not been staying there as well... I get up at 5 and head to work. I'm at work by 6. If i had to run in the morning by poor DH would never see me because I'd have to go to bed even earlier than I do now (9pm). But i'm also lucky in that I can run right after school and it doesn't take any time away from my family (by family I mean DH).
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Because it's the only way to get it done. There's no way I could string together 5 days of running if I didn't do 90% of my running early in the morning, let alone the random streaks of 45, 50 days that it takes to make real progress.
                            Yep.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Running down the middle of the road before the sun comes up > dodging cars in the afternoon.