Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

16 mile training run - 8/10/2008 (Read 264 times)

S&M Collector

Wait! 6 in the f'in morning? Shocked Let me rethink this.
    Come across any cool medals lately?
    JakeKnight

Hey, Are any of you losers doing this one? I'm thinking I might actually run some miles next week. I'll bring the Miller Lite for post-race. Wink
      Sorta planning to. The problem is the 5k tomorrow. I'm happy to give up beer on one weekend night. But both? It's just excessive. Because what I really want to do is go PR that 5k tomorrow, then come home and drink beer all day and watch the Olympics, then sleep in Sunday. Shorter version: yes - but I may bail. MTA:
      Wait! 6 in the f'in morning? Shocked Let me rethink this.
      Yeah. That's the problem. Jesus, people, we won't melt if we run at 9:00 a.m., you know.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah. That's the problem. Jesus, people, we won't melt if we run at 9:00 a.m., you know.
        Uh...yea we will. Have you tried that lately? Shocked It's not pretty. Maybe that's just me though.

BTW...Sundays run is how i'm breaking the 10% rule. I may only run 14 though...since my longest run recently has been 12 miles. I don't like bumping up 4 miles at a time. It hurts. But if I drink more milk .....hmmm.

JakeKnight

BTW...Sundays run is how i'm breaking the 10% rule. I may only run 14 though...since my longest run recently has been 12 miles. I don't like bumping up 4 miles at a time. It hurts. But if I drink more milk .....hmmm.
            Dude. Seriously? You're 23 not 63. HTFU. Screw your bones, you're gonna give yourself an ulcer from all the stupid shit you worry about.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

S&M Collector

You know. I think know I drank more than enough last Saturday to tide me over for a weekend or two. I might actually be good-to-go and try to make this DAMN thing on Sat. morning. It's not quite running a marathon, Tanya, but it'll at least help my log go from 0 to 16 in about 145 minutes or so.
                I may do 17 on SB Greenway instead. Still tweaking over whether I'm doing the marathon in Oct. only 7 weeks before the Monkey.

S&M Collector

I may do 17 on SB Greenway instead. Still tweaking over whether I'm doing the marathon in Oct. only 7 weeks before the Monkey.
                  I would recommend Louisville, and THEN the monkey. Give you more time to train for a marathon....not that you really need to.
                    But then there'd be even less time between the marathons. That's my largest tweak factor. I ran Louisville in 98 (I think?). Great course...kind of hypnotic. I think I can be ready for the Greenway in 7 weeks. If not, I'll switch to the half. Or I could just treat the full as a training run. Yeah, right. What to do.... Damn...I never had these problems before joining the Swamp.

Seems like the swamp changes you. I've felt very odd all week long.
                        You're 23 not 63. HTFU.
                        Fine. Gah. I'll run 16.