Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Trying something / Tom King Photos (Read 576 times)

Drew's got it. Running faster = different stride. We were both running fast at that point--finishing kick. Go to the track and run a 200 in under 40 seconds and try to keep your knees low.
    Speaking of track - I went to the track last night and unbelievably it was pretty fun...and I wasn't last to finish every time.

Why is it sideways?

Speaking of track - I went to the track last night and unbelievably it was pretty fun...and I wasn't last to finish every time.
      Nice, Tony! Your log is looking pretty good. Running is weird like that: the better shape you are in, the more fun it gets. You've probably got good basic speed, given your weight background. Keep it up! But remember: the point is not to make yourself hurt, it's to run fast.
        Thanks Jeff - I'm hoping that if I get to the "edge" more often (once/week) my body will adapt to that race feeling and I won't have the "slow down or throw up" scenario every race.

Why is it sideways?

Thanks Jeff - I'm hoping that if I get to the "edge" more often (once/week) my body will adapt to that race feeling and I won't have the "slow down or throw up" scenario every race.
          I think that's the right way to think, for sure. But teach the body, don't punish it. That's all I'm saying. It sounds like that's what you were doing. The bad thing is when you die early in the interval and then have to keep pushing through while slowing down. That's punishing. Finishing strong and hard and aggressively seeking the pain, that's teaching.

The Thunder

Thanks for lumping me in with Jeff there with the "Speedy Lookin" talk. Yeah, we were both probably looking at the clock/jumbotron and going "Damn, I need to bring this shit in!". That's what kickin at the end of a good race looks like. Pain...pleasure...and some get em' speed.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

BMenees

I think that's the right way to think, for sure. But teach the body, don't punish it. That's all I'm saying. It sounds like that's what you were doing. The bad thing is when you die early in the interval and then have to keep pushing through while slowing down. That's punishing. Finishing strong and hard and aggressively seeking the pain, that's teaching.
              Jeff, you are wise beyond your beers.

Why is it sideways?

Jeff, you are wise beyond your beers.
                I like your list of how to make running more fun. Good stuff.
                  I like your list of how to make running more fun. Good stuff.
                  Where is this list? Running was no fun today.

Why is it sideways?

Where is this list? Running was no fun today.
                    Striders board, grady's thread about the book he is going to write. Candice, Ben is a freaking training animal. I know very few people that could handle what he is doing right now. Just saying, don't worry about trying to match his intensity... He's been working 2 years straight on being able to train this hard. So, if you are feeling tired, rest.
                      Striders board, grady's thread about the book he is going to write. Candice, Ben is a freaking training animal. I know very few people that could handle what he is doing right now. Just saying, don't worry about trying to match his intensity... He's been working 2 years straight on being able to train this hard. So, if you are feeling tired, rest.
                      I'm not trying to match his intensity... I'm ok Smile That said, I should stop bitching.

Why is it sideways?

I'm not trying to match his intensity... I'm ok Smile That said, I should stop bitching.
                        Or at least move it to the complain thread. Was hoping you'd be at the striders run tomorrow, but I guess not.
                          Or at least move it to the complain thread. Was hoping you'd be at the striders run tomorrow, but I guess not.
                          I would be, but i'm in MN. Ben is out running. I'm doing 20 Sunday.

Why is it sideways?

I would be, but i'm in MN. Ben is out running.
                            He does that from time to time.
                              He does that from time to time.
                              I know...it's so weird. Who runs?