Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

A Plan (Read 301 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Sounds good. I like the big picture outlook. Yes. But run some strides every now and then. If on an occasional day (once, maybe twice, a week?) you are feeling your oats and want to cruise the last 15-30 minutes of a run, that's good too. Just not most days. Enough for what? A PR? A PR is setting your sites too low. Consistent mileage is an end in itself at this point: more important than your time in this half-marathon is that you continue what you have started. The process of becoming a runner. I'd start at 90 minutes and cap them at 2 hrs.
    Jeff, A PR in this half is just an intermediate goal along a very long path. My path involves me becoming the runner I am in my mind. I know my journey will be long and will be filled with trails and tribulations and probably even an epic failure or 4. But I am ready to take the challenge. However, I also know that I am a person who needs goals and something to strive for. So yes while I want to go sub-2 for this half it is really something meant to help encourage me to get my mileage up and encourage consistency.
    Marathonjunkie

Ice Cream Man

I'm confused are you saying my goal is not realistic if I work hard? Or that I need more time? MTA: OMG seriously is that just dripping with sarcasm... I hate the internet.
      Perhaps I have cried wolf too often. SHAN...with you I am almost always serious. Well except when we get to kidding around about....well you know...when we are .....uh. Look I was trying to be nice. Oh nevermind. It just feels to DAMN good to be nice and I hate feeling good.
      Some guys will do anything for Ice Cream.

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruin a beautiful moment... No