Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gobbler Gallop (Read 112 times)

Why is it sideways?

The Plateau Gobbler Gallop started in the fall of 1979 but did not become part of the Running Tour until 1983. The race was called a 7 miler but the last mile was always short. The distance is not measured to be a 11K. However, I prefer this label because it is closer to the true distance than 7 miles. The mile markers are now fairly accurate, with the exception of mile 6, which seems to me a bit short. I concur with John that the distance is close to 6.8 miles (that is 10.95 Km).
    WTF?

The Thunder

Nice.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Flying Monkey started in the fall of 2006. The race was called a marathon but the last mile was always too easy. The distance is not measured to be a marathon. However, I prefer this label because it is closer to the true amount of pain than whatever the distance may be. The mile markers remain fairly inaccurate, with the emphasis on mile 19, which seems to me a bit short. I concur with many that the distance is what it is, and it is what it will remain. Also, Eslick once biked the course with a wheel and said it was correct.