Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Warner Parks (Read 33 times)

Elly.

Has anyone been there the last couple of days?  Mud, ice -- both?

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

As far as I know, there was no ice there 7 months ago.

Thank you for posting in this forum.

Sincerely,

Mgmnt.

Are any sections of the 11.2 closed to vehicles now? If so, does that increase my odds of getting wiped out by a cyclist?

Get off my porch

Where the 11.2 overlaps with the 5.8, roads are closed to vehicles, and there are gates up (with openings wide enough for people/cyclists). Other portions of the 11.2 that lead to the 5.8, like 9-mile-hill, have signs up indicating that no motorized vehicles are allowed.

We ran there yesterday and noticed that some cyclists were particularly crabby (I mean, more than usual) and for whatever reason are now riding in the opposite direction. In general, I would think shutting down the 5.8 to cars is probably upsetting to cyclists, because the roads will no longer be maintained.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think they are considering ongoing road maintenance.

As Tanya said, the 5.8 beyond the parking areas at the front of the park is now gated and closed to cars. Further, the parking at Deep Wells has been moved about 1/5 mile back from the 11.2 and the access from the parking is via a narrow asphalt path where the road and Deep Wells parking used to be.

Thanks for the updates. Hope to make it out this summer on a more regular basis.

Get off my porch

Why is it sideways?

I rode my bike in there and the roads are not very road-bike friendly anymore.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is a bike?

The roads are very bike friendly, now with no cars. You just gotta jump some barriers spaced about every 2-3 miles.

I rode my bike in there and the roads are not very road-bike friendly anymore.

Do you have a Flags-O-Many-Countries unitard yet??

Why is it sideways?

I usually wear my swamp singlet. Although I sort of figured out why bike jerseys are so annoyingly garish when I almost got hit by a distracted driver for the umpteenth time.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In what way is the park no longer road bike friendly?

I usually wear my swamp singlet. Although I sort of figured out why bike jerseys are so annoyingly garish when I almost got hit by a distracted driver for the umpteenth time.

In what way is the park no longer road bike friendly?

I can't speak for cycling, but I know that when I was approaching Jeff's age, the hills started growing, making the park increasingly runner-unfriendly.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, but this is good for that stupid race I put on.

Why is it sideways?

Heh. It's just got a lot more debris and stuff on it now that the cars aren't on it. Plus, those big wooden gates are sort of hard to steer through at speed. And yes, the hills got bigger somehow.