Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

tom king Done. (Read 777 times)

The King of Beasts

The Nashville Mini-Swamp dominated Tom King 1/2..... Just sayin... A lot of people PRed today, good work to my friends.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

I was there and I PRd inspite of the dismal weather. I want to know how you got the pix already?? The results aren't even posted on Nashville Striders! Candace, I saw you whizzing by me on the way back....I was still pluggin along towards the turnabout.. Here's my query....do you think it was better, worse, or same conditions as last year?

Why is it sideways?

Nice work, Ramsey. An excellent PR. I didn't run last year, but I heard there was wind last year, which would have made it slower, I think.

The King of Beasts

Thanks, that I was about 8 min faster than last year. I wanted to give my friends a shout out and a place for everyone to say their PR. Trent took off a few minutes (still sick?). Candice, was, I think 3 min faster. Jeff, did you PR, still fucking ridiculous Schneidr, fucking rediculous, must have picked it up, I saw you with Jeff at like mile 8ish. Thunder: I know you put it DOWN with a PR, but did you slow down at the end? I think there is more there. (I dont mean to call you out, that is not the point of this post) Matlock, PRed Mrs. Thunder, on the come-back with a strong 5k. Tiago, while not a swamp member, did well. Zimmer, did I see on Facebook that you took 3 min off? Good work everyone, sorry I was not able to hang out after the race.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Why is it sideways?

I did PR, by a little over 1:30, which is big for me. Also ran a 10mi PR. Schneidr negative split, and started dropping 5:20 somethings after mile 8. I couldn't hang, but was happy not to fade. I do feel like I left a little out there, but doesn't it always feel like that?

Oh Mighty Wing

again awesome job to you all!

The King of Beasts

I do feel like I left a little out there, but doesn't it always feel like that?
                I might have left about 20 seconds out there (shit who knows, maybe more), I did not have a very strong finish, I just wanted the hurting to end. Still there.

The Thunder

Almost a 3 and 1/2 min PR. I might have left a little out there. I did have 2 miles over 6:09 on the way back...a 6:15 and a 6:18 (mile 12)...but I brought the last 1.1 home in 6:28. So I slipped a little...but to be honest, I ran quite a bit faster than expected. All in all, my splits were pretty darned even.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I am so proud of all of you Smile That said, you can all remain residents of the mini swamp. Ramsay, you freaked me out at the start. We were standing side by side and when the gun went off it was 1/2 a second before I couldn't even see you anymore. Fussyrunner- did you say my name as I ran by? I was having trouble acknowledging people that were yelling encouragement. Pain. Thunder- You and I kind of just gave each other a dirty look as we passed each other. I thought it was fitting. Has everyone made sure to look at the absolutely CLASSIC photo of Jeff on Elly's photo page? HA! ha....haha....HAHAHAHAHA!

Why is it sideways?

Has everyone made sure to look at the absolutely CLASSIC photo of Jeff on Elly's photo page? HA! ha....haha....HAHAHAHAHA!
                      Yeah. That was right around where Schneidr was twisting the knife. Seeing my face there makes me believe that maybe I did run hard enough. There's a great one of you, Candice.

The Thunder

Yeah. That was right around where Schneidr was twisting the knife. Seeing my face there makes me believe that maybe I did run hard enough. There's a great one of you, Candice.
                        Yeah Jeff, I loved that picture. You layed it out there. For sure. I think my picture is funny...my quad looks like it's a freakish lump by my knee.

The King of Beasts

Almost a 3 and 1/2 min PR. I might have left a little out there. I did have 2 miles over 6:09 on the way back...a 6:15 and a 6:18 (mile 12)...but I brought the last 1.1 home in 6:28. So I slipped a little...but to be honest, I ran quite a bit faster than expected. All in all, my splits were pretty darned even.
                          I said something because I was making some ground on you, in the last 2ish miles, I was rolling something like 6:08's at that point. You pulled away again with about 800m to go.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Thunder

Heh.
                            WHOA.....both feet off the ground....it looks like you're *gasp* running!

Why is it sideways?

WHOA.....both feet off the ground....it looks like you're *gasp* running!
                              7:30's for 13.1 miles? I do believe there's only one way to call it. I'm removing the quotation marks.