Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Looking for late-night crew for 24-hour race this weekend (Read 10 times)

bhearn

Hey there Nashvillians.

I'm running the Run4Water 24-hour race in Lebanon this Sat-Sun. This is the last chance to qualify for membership on the US 24-hour team for World Championships this summer. I'm defending my current #5 spot (they take the top 6).

The race is 8 am Sat - 8 am Sun. I have crew lined up through 10 pm Sat (TanyaS & partner, Not_Race_Coach & Tim_UF, thanks!). If anyone else would be able to put in a few late-night or early-morning (Sunday) hours, I'd be eternally grateful.

Crew duty is mostly refilling my bottles and handing me one every three laps (laps are .508 miles), with occasional requests for other stuff (gear change, caffeine or salt pill, etc.). This is all stuff I could do myself worst case, but any time not moving forward adds up, and is best avoided if at all possible.

A 24-hour might not be the most exciting race to watch, but this one features lots of firepower. We have world record holders, former world record holders, American record holders, and lots more very talented runners vying for not very many spots. And a 24-hour doesn't even really start until 14-16 hours in, so night is when it gets most interesting, as the majority of competitors discover that their super-comfortable start pace was actually way too fast.