Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I don't wanna... (Read 373 times)

She also won a nice tote bag and cool towel for the Striders Grand Prix. Although she was not present, we all golf clapped enthusiastically.
    Did anyone get it for me or did you guys tell Peter to bring it to me tomorrow?

Oh Mighty Wing

Great job to you all!!!!!

The Thunder

Dude....what is up with my lousy running in triathlons? (This question is for Thunder only) I only assume that 7:35 pace is my current half marathon pace (I figure this because I ran moon pie at 7:29 pace) so why the hell did I run that for 3 miles? I mean besides because my legs felt like they weighed 500 lbs each... Maybe i'm not cut out for this. Maybe i'm just a runner (not that that's a bad thing at all). On a good note, I swam faster today.
        Well you did swim and bike before you ran today...duh. My run felt pretty good, and it was the same as my CMM 1/2 marathon pace. That's just how the tri's are. I think all of us (you, Liz, and I) would have better run times if we were stronger swimmers and bikers. That takes more out of us, because we're not as good at it. It hurts our run. So I think we can improve our run times, by being better cyclists, and swimmers. Keep your head up, you had/are having a great first season. Keep in mind Liz is no slouch. This is a girl who has a faster 5k PR than I do.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Looks like Liz finally Tanya'd Candice too....no worries though Candice, I'll probably get Tanya'd by her next year too!
          Enjoying the verb form of my name. 'Prec. Sorry you missed this a.m.'s run, Candice, though the humidity was retarded. I passed JK, Trent, and Casa headed up Music Row during one of their "walk" "breaks" What a GREAT weekend!!!.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Too bad you passed us. Just sayin...
              Sorry you missed this a.m.'s run, Candice, though the humidity was retarded.
              UGGH...I feel like I JUST now got the living room cleaned.

Well you did swim and bike before you ran today...duh. My run felt pretty good, and it was the same as my CMM 1/2 marathon pace. That's just how the tri's are. I think all of us (you, Liz, and I) would have better run times if we were stronger swimmers and bikers. That takes more out of us, because we're not as good at it. It hurts our run. So I think we can improve our run times, by being better cyclists, and swimmers. Keep your head up, you had/are having a great first season. Keep in mind Liz is no slouch. This is a girl who has a faster 5k PR than I do.
                This makes me feel better. And that's pretty much what Stephen told me too...except that I didn't believe him. I had to hear it from someone else too. I knew Liz wasn't a slouch. She rocks. Her 5k PR is for real better than yours? That's awesome. What IS her PR?

The Thunder

It's like 17:30something if memory serves me right. the girl has wheels!

S&M Collector

Enjoying the verb form of my name. 'Prec. Sorry you missed this a.m.'s run, Candice, though the humidity was retarded. I passed JK, Trent, and Casa headed up Music Row during one of their "walk" "breaks" What a GREAT weekend!!!.
                    Holy shit! Great seeing all of you this morning. Trent/JK, seriously. Thank you. I would NEVER have been able to find 14 more without the company. I'm usually more conversational during runs, but the first half was such a bitch for me. Tanya, I could have hung with you, but figured I'd give you a confidence booster and let you win the training run. Wink Anyway, JK, I was so inspired by you wanting to find 8 more miles today that I found a couple more. Great work you guys. Hopefully see you soon.
                    Come across any cool medals lately?
                      Casa...I just looked at your log. I'm impressed. Not specifically with your mileage (which is of course awesome), but with all the other stuff you're doing along with it.

S&M Collector

Casa...I just looked at your log. I'm impressed. Not specifically with your mileage (which is of course awesome), but with all the other stuff you're doing along with it.
                        Thank you! It's been a nice change! And, I have a feeling that at least the first few weeks of Aug. will be filled with other stuff after this past week. Wink
                          What do you have planned?

S&M Collector

What do you have planned?
                            Nothing! And that's the beauty of it. I will probably run a few times this week. Otherwise, it'll be mostly road biking in Aug. and trying to become a sronger swimmer Of course if a few folks want to road trip to Tupelo in late Aug., I might be receptive to that.... MTA: There is definitely some crossroad bullshit going on with me right now, so as a "runner first," I basically don't know what the hell I'm doing. Roll eyes
                              Back to the original topic of this thread.... Swim: Bike: Run: WIN:

The Thunder

2nd place in your age group isn't really 'winning'. Wink