Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Window shopping (Read 352 times)

At least that's why it feels like.... I must admit that I've been lurking. This weather is getting better and better, and I'm stuck sitting around watching (almost) all of you increase your weekly mileage. Sixty miles a week... seventy miles a week... EIGHTY MILES A FREEKING WEEK!!! No I've spent the past three months "training" in the little plastic box my co-workers call an underwater treadmill, staring at dank cement-block walls, dreaming of marathoning, and wondering if I will ever get healthy again. I'm going f&*#$ crazy. Two cortizone injections, lots of PT, and my knees are not getting better... Why should you care? Get the fuck out there, people. Hit the roads in this perfect freaking weather, and run one for me (or in Thunder's case, 14). I am so stinking jealous it's unbearable. If you're healthy and not hitting at least 20-miles a week, give me your legs so that I can remind them what the fuck they're there for! Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to lace up my sneakers and go for a walk in the pool. Roll eyes
      Awwww Liz!! Damnitt. Let's get sushi this week like we planned.

Why is it sideways?

Poor lizzy. You'll be back soon.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So. What does the MRI show?

The Thunder

Awww wifey. I'll put in a few for you today...no worries.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh Mighty Wing

awww Lizzy!! I'm soo sorry! I hope your knees are getting better even if you don't feel it yet!!
                So. What does the MRI show?
                No MRI's - Doc said it's patellar tendonitis and ITBS in both legs. I felt WAY better after the cortisone injections (into my ITB's), and I can actually go up/down stairs now, but it still hurts to walk almost all of the time. The pain isn't localized in my tendons anymore, but aches under my knee caps and pinches in the fat pads. More than anything, my knees just feel old. Funny thing is, I know the exact run that did it to me... I won't be able to trust the 11.2 ever again. Cry

Oh Mighty Wing

i know you probably don't need any suggestions and probably have more stretches than you could ever want but here at some things I do to help keep my IT from making me cry. 1. cross legs, bend over, now look at the foot of the "behind" leg, reach over and touch it - or put your opposite hand on the floor next to it. This is the ONLY stretch any of the PT's gave me that actually did something. 2. stretch your quad's and hamstrings really well. I find that when my quad's are tight it makes IT unhappy. 3. get a stick or rolling pin or piece of PVC or something like that and roll it on your IT. I know they say a foam roller is the best thing but not for me. When my IT crazed up I didn't feel it there first. I felt it in my knee - I thought it was going to explode. 1 PT called it stability problems. PT #2 and I realized that my very tight IT was causing the issues with my knee/calf muscles. My 2 cents... I don't know what it's worth, but figure it's nice to offer it anyway. MTA: my fat pad near my achilles gets pinched every once in a while - that crap hurts!

The Thunder

i know you probably don't need any suggestions and probably have more stretches than you could ever want but here at some things I do to help keep my IT from making me cry. 1. cross legs, bend over, now look at the foot of the "behind" leg, reach over and touch it - or put your opposite hand on the floor next to it. This is the ONLY stretch any of the PT's gave me that actually did something. 2. stretch your quad's and hamstrings really well. I find that when my quad's are tight it makes IT unhappy. 3. get a stick or rolling pin or piece of PVC or something like that and roll it on your IT. I know they say a foam roller is the best thing but not for me. When my IT crazed up I didn't feel it there first. I felt it in my knee - I thought it was going to explode. 1 PT called it stability problems. PT #2 and I realized that my very tight IT was causing the issues with my knee/calf muscles. My 2 cents... I don't know what it's worth, but figure it's nice to offer it anyway. MTA: my fat pad near my achilles gets pinched every once in a while - that crap hurts!
                    Just FYI, Liz is finishing up her PHD in Exercise Science and Human Performance...she also ran for the best coach in the country in college. Plus, she's married to me. So we've pretty much got the stretching thing down! Wink

Oh Mighty Wing

you know i had a feeling my 2 cents would REALLY not be needed!! Tongue Maybe I need her to give me some pointers!!
                        you know i had a feeling my 2 cents would REALLY not be needed!! Tongue Maybe I need her to give me some pointers!!
                        Nah, I appreciate your 2-cents. It's better than hearing about some a-hol running 80-miles/week when I can't even get the mail without gimping Roll eyes

Oh Mighty Wing

Nah, I appreciate your 2-cents. It's better than hearing about some a-hol running 80-miles/week when I can't even get the mail without gimping Roll eyes
                          seriously he probably even fed you some line about padding his log in your honor!! Wink

The Thunder

That's it.... you're getting a spanking tonite.

Oh Mighty Wing

ugh i just threw up a little in my mouth

A Saucy Wench

He knows that when you start running again you'll kick his ass and put him to shame, so he's just trying to suck up all the glory he can til then.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7