Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hippie (Read 431 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

1.) who was that author? 2.) Toothpaste - Can I get that scenario again? 3.) Schools - there will be more coming about this as well... I thought about it alot but am too worn out to type it all now.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What costs 15 cents and a nail and the shell of a great great great grandfather snail? For real.

Why is it sideways?

1. Ed Abbey. 2. Squeeze it from the bottom to get it all out. 3. Education. A trufula tree.
          Wait...what the hell?

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah I got the squeeze from the bottom but I couldn't remember what it specifically was about because I had a question - but now I don't remember or why I didn't ask you then! haha
              All i remember is its not about toothpaste.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why is it sideways?

Jeff wins.
                I thought maybe it was a thnead.

Oh Mighty Wing

Toothpaste - ok so if I'm at the bottom of the tube and I want to get to the top (yes i'm thinking about this already - I started thinking about it 2 minutes after the end of the monkey) how do I do that? And here is what I mean... as a new runner the advice is to go slow and take your time. SO for the last 1.5 years when I run I tell myself to take it easy and slow down and not go to fast, but I feel like it means I'm keeping myself at my slowest point. What if my easy runs don't need to be that slow? How do I know when I can start rolling the bottom of the tube????? (I hope this makes sense... i'm still wired)
                    I told you it will come. You need to worry about how long you're running first rather than how fast you're running it. Like get up to 3 miles a day, then 4, then 5...and so on...increase your long runs, etc.

Why is it sideways?

It's a metaphor for how to extract your potential as a runner. The toothpaste is your potential. If you start by squeezing the tube iin the middle--running moderately or hard--you'll get big dollops of performance out early, but you will leave some toothpaste in the bottom ofthe tube. If you start out slow, squeezing at the bottom, training the body from easy paces up, then you'll get all the toothpaste out of the tube. By the way, you should ask about being an assistant XC or track coach at the school where you teach.

Oh Mighty Wing

Coaching - I would LOVE to do that!! But am concerned I know so little they wouldn't want me haha ooohhh yeah it was about potential... I told you I couldn't remember what it was exactly about... it's a MUCH better metaphor for potential than speed and makes much more sense now! haha Wink Candice - I know I know - I will build first!! But is it ok to run by feel instead of by pace? Can easy runs just be easy and if that's 10's one day great and if it's 11's another day that's good too??
                          Candice - I know I know - I will build first!! But is it ok to run by feel instead of by pace? Can easy runs just be easy and if that's 10's one day great and if it's 11's another day that's good too??
                          Sounds like a GETM to me.

Why is it sideways?

Coaching - I would LOVE to do that!! But am concerned I know so little they wouldn't want me haha
                            Well, I think most of the time coaches are looking for enthusiastic folk who are willing to learn, to take times at meets, to mix gatorade, and to run with and encourage the slower runners and help implement workouts. I don't think they'd be looking for someone to write workouts or whatever. I'm sure any coach would love to have your enthusiasm as a part of the team.

Oh Mighty Wing

Well, I think most of the time coaches are looking for enthusiastic folk who are willing to learn, to take times at meets, to mix gatorade, and to run with and encourage the slower runners and help implement workouts. I don't think they'd be looking for someone to write workouts or whatever. I'm sure any coach would love to have your enthusiasm as a part of the team.
                              Blush I typically run after school anyway and I bet even if there isn't a position the girls coach would take the help with the slower girls - maybe i'll talk to him about that for next fall!!